Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-30-2013, 07:32 PM   #85
stratman2SSRS

Drives: Lingenfelter Camaro
Scott, thanks for all your hard work and the time you spend keeping the Camaro faithfull informed and supporting and promoting our favourite car.
You guys nailed the 2010 Camaro so well that any change you make will take time to be accepted. You designed the perfect Camaro, then went out of the park with the ZL1.
The performance of the Z/28 is awesome!!
The changes to the front, rear, and hood will take a little time to get used to just because it is different, not bad.
I wasn't sure if I liked my new beard, but it grew on me.
Funds permitting, I'd love to add a Z/28 to the collection (4 Camaro's and a T/A), but I'd keep my Lingenfelter too.
Old 03-30-2013, 07:35 PM   #86
CrimsonHowitzer

Drives: 2-70 Camaros,40 chev 2dr sedan
One word, respect

Thank you Scott!
CrimsonHowitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 07:36 PM   #87

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by FINALLYSATISFIED View Post
I am curious now though if a "Z28" will ever resurface? Now that I think about it Dodge has done the same thing with there Dodge Charger line up offering the Dodge R/T(chrome letters) and Dodge R/T(red letters) "Road and track" performance package. 1 model using 2 different trim levels with the same name plate sort to speak.

Can a Z28 and Z/28 coexist, is my only question regarding the matter?

Thank you, Scott once again for the opportunity to even own such an amazing car. Well built, well recognized and just a well built machine. #teamcamaroFTW
I hear what you're saying but I doubt we'll see a Z28...The whole jist of why they went Z/28 was to not repeat watering down the name again, like just go with the badging thing...and it not really being a "Top-Gun"...
...Wouldn't mind seeing an LS7 in a run-of-the-mill SS though!...lol...
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 07:36 PM   #88
cbass

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ1034 View Post
I must say, I agree with Scott that too often, peoples opinions are not very polite in their presentation, which is a fancy way of saying rude, uninformed and hostile. It's not impolite to say "I liked the old design better" or something, but really, swearing at the guys doing all the work is just wrong.
I think this is the real problem. The rudeness. Some of the comments were brutal and it's like some of these people were asking for these guys heads on plates. I think some of it was out of hand.

Personally, I like the front end of the 2014 better although I liked the taller grill of the 2013 better.

I like the 2013 tail lights better, but the 2014 spoiler better.

It's also great that recaro's are now an option after people wanting them for years.
cbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 07:43 PM   #89
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101

Drives: 2010 2LT IOM
BRAVO............Thank - you Scott for the writing. Thank - you GM for the time and patience to create the Buzz about the Z/28.

For those who don't like it, you can always go down the street and buy a Mustang, or any other brand that you feel pours more HEART and SOUL into their beloved pony car.
Old 03-30-2013, 07:43 PM   #90
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Scott, thanks for talking the time to address us. The Camaro Team's dilligence, commitment, and conscientious attention to history and detail has made the Z/28 a product for all Camaro fans to behold. It's quite an accomplishment. Congratulations for surprising us all, and going big with the vision in returning our iconic name. Thank you, and I am further looking forward to future releases with much anticipation.
Old 03-30-2013, 07:51 PM   #91
super60
Built with Pride "Oshawa"

Drives: 2011 Chev Silverado Z71 Crew
Scott

Great comments & from the heart as always

I too was amazed at some of the truly negitive comments regarding the SS refresh that were being thrown about , only to have some of these very same people 24hrs later praise the car they just comparied to the Titanic !

Everyone at GM , Team Chevrolet ,Team Camaro & The Oshawa Build Team have done a fantastic job on the 5thGen and the 2014 is no different , these groups of vehicles still command respect on the street and always bring a smile to everyone i show the car off to ( i've got a company SS this weekend and i swear every kid playing road hockey today in Oshawa stopped and gave me two thumbs up ) Its a great feeling that i can show off our Camaro to future enthusiasts !

And Scott for what it's worth , if i was an American i'd vote for you as President

Best Regards from Canada

Mike Judge
Super60

In Memory of Dawson Ellert .
super60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 07:55 PM   #92
steel insane

Drives: 2012 2LT Black (Vengeance)
I do appreciate your hard work, your honesty, and participation, especially here.

However, hope springs eternal is the proper motto here... sales will tell whether or not these changes are successful.

I think it was a good 4 year run & Version 5's model time is coming to an end.

Of course, that's my $.02 & they do not represent all Camaro enthusiasts....
steel insane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 07:58 PM   #93
DanSS24

Drives: Dream Cars in my head
Thank you for the history lesson, F-bod Father. The Z/28 has finally shined.

Wishful thinking...but I sure can dream big.
DanSS24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 08:09 PM   #94
ThaCamaroKid

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS L99
You can never please everybody, We all have our opinions as far as looks/performance and whatever else. I like some things on the new Camaro more and some on mine more, just as everybody else does. I'd say GM ( and yourself and your team ) have done a fantastic job, no individual who insults GM could have done any better themselves. Hundreds of thousands, even millions of Camaro fans and you have to pick a single body style to go with? and just a few sub models? most would pass or fail and give up, I think true Camaro fanatics understand that, and respect the work you all do. NOTHING puts a bigger grin on my face than cruising in my SS, and I am sure most feel the same. And we all Thank you,

With that said, is there any way I could get a Z/28?

375RWHP/399RWTQ
ThaCamaroKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 08:10 PM   #95
360ss
ZL1 NIGHTMARES!!!

Drives: LACS+CHEVYS
Thanks for laying the hammer down on these rubber ducks . I'm back quiet!!!!
13zl1 #251 NOTHING ELSE MATTER
360ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 08:11 PM   #96
SilverSurfer21

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2LT
Scott, I mean you no disrespect. But being a retired GM Engineering veteran of over 30 years and having bought a brand new 1973 Z28 in 1973 at 19 years old I can,'t hold back my opinion. When I first saw the 1968 Camaro I was a huge fan at 15 years old. I had to have a Camaro. I am now 59, soon to be 60 and through the years I watched the Camaro grow uglier and uglier with every change. This was partly because GM would cut funding half way into a design change and ruin the recipe. I watched it with the Oldsmobile Cutlass too. It was horrible to watch great cars ruined by bean counters instead of creative designers.

The reason the 5th generation Camaro was such a great success was all the input by the Focus team. They were not invited this time. How quickly GM forgets. The front of the car isn't that bad but the rear didn't get much thought at all. There are a lot of people on here that has "the Emperor's new clothes" syndrome. Just because you say everyone put in hard work in this redesign doesn't make it not suck. Those taillights are a big fail. They wrap around and are not flat like the 69'. They look like sedan taillights. Cheap at that and only the SS gets LEDs. Not modern in any way and they don't look at all like the 69's. It wasn't until the 4th generation did GM finally start making the Camaro look better after nearly twenty years of ugly designs. Then what, they stopped making them.

I can't believe that only two people besides me has the nuts to tell you the truth. Hence the Emperor's new clothes syndrome. Just because you say " we tried really hard," people feel bad that they insulted you so they are kissing your behind. Don't take it personal. The car has some good attributes but also has some bad ones. That's life.

I am in the process of buying a 2013 Camaro. I had a 2010 Camaro. I loved it. I won't be buying a redesigned new one until the 6th Generation comes out. Hopefully there will be real peoples input in that one.
SilverSurfer21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 08:11 PM   #97
mpsheedy
2010AQUABLUE

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Aqua Blue/white stripes
Camaro

Well said Scott,I know I'm happy with mine as well as my brother with his 45th edition(he bought Tom's #7 Camaro). Change is progress,get over it cupcakes!!
mpsheedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 08:12 PM   #98
whamslam3
Camaro King [^*^*^]

Drives: Apollo 11 Camaro IOM
i rly LOVE the way the z/28 turned out. BUT the ss rs does not look visually appealing. the halos no longer flow in the redesigned front (just look at the z/28 front to see what i mean). the huge rear diffuser is, just that, HUGE! and does not look right with only 1 pipe on each side; it needs 2 on each side like the z/28 to fill in more of that huge piece. also, dont like how it splits the license plate section in half just looks awkward. the vent on the hood is too small on that big hood, again, it just looks strange. the zl1 vent is perfect size and makes sense. the tail lights on the z/28 look ok but the rs tails look to charger-ish the way the leds are laid out. when i see the 2010 tail lights at night i know its a camaro, with these new ones im not so sure. looks to much like a "regular" car if you get what i mean. im not trying to be a hater or anything its just how i feel since i LOVE my 2011 camaro and was hoping for more from the redesign.