Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-07-2011, 11:46 AM   #1
Nighthawk3000

Drives: 1994 Saturn
2 questions

Hi everyone, just registered with this site and I have two questions.

First off, I am planing on getting my first Camaro, the 45th anniversery edition 2LT Camaro. Does anyone know when this model will be availible to order?

And secondly, I am trying to decide between the Coupe and the Convertible. I think I like the look of the Coupe a little bit more (but not by much), but I like the extra headroom with the Convertible (with the top up) and that it is a convertible. But I am wondering if the rear-view windows compare between the two of them (is one better then the other?). Is there anything else that I should be thinking about between the Coupe and the Convertible (besides trunk space)? Please keep inmind that this will be my main day-to-day car.

Thank you to everyone that responds.
Nighthawk3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 11:47 AM   #2
Solocus

Drives: 87 Iroc 350, 2001 SS, 45th 2LT
I believe the 45th is only available in 2LT and 2LS.

Delivered 9-29-2011 exactly 45 years to the day from the
first 1967 Camaro showing up in dealer showrooms!
Solocus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 11:50 AM   #3
nancygrl
雪の玉

Drives: '22 Z71 RST Silverado
I know my dealer is ordering 2012's for the dealership. Go to your local dealer and see if/when you can put in your order.
nancygrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 11:57 AM   #4
Shift

Drives: Me 2001 F150, The wife '11 2SS RS
Q2 sounds like your most interested in functionality instead of what really turns you on. If functionality is what your looking for maybe this isn't the best car for your needs. If thats not really the case then go with your gut not which one has the best rear window.
Shift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 11:59 AM   #5
UT-Engineer
Just Cruisin'

Drives: 2010 Synergy Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solocus View Post
I believe the 45th is only available in 2LT and 2LS.
There's a 2LS??

UT-Engineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 12:01 PM   #6
kennyo

Drives: 2017 2SS Hyper Blue
I think convertibles are heavier cars,also.
kennyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 01:46 PM   #7
Nighthawk3000

Drives: 1994 Saturn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shift View Post
Q2 sounds like your most interested in functionality instead of what really turns you on. If functionality is what your looking for maybe this isn't the best car for your needs. If thats not really the case then go with your gut not which one has the best rear window.
I am set on getting a Camaro. I'm just saying that even though I like the looks of the Coupe a tiny bit more, I think I'll be more comfortable in the Convertible. The rear-window part of the question is because I haven't driven a convertible and so I was wondering if it was significantly different compared to the Coupe.
Nighthawk3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 01:51 PM   #8
Shift

Drives: Me 2001 F150, The wife '11 2SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighthawk3000 View Post
I am set on getting a Camaro. I'm just saying that even though I like the looks of the Coupe a tiny bit more, I think I'll be more comfortable in the Convertible. The rear-window part of the question is because I haven't driven a convertible and so I was wondering if it was significantly different compared to the Coupe.
I think you definitely need to test drive both or you might end up second guessing yourself after all is said and done. Whats a negative difference for some might not be for others. You wont be happy until you try both out for yourself.
Shift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 01:52 PM   #9
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
Nighthawk3000, For Q1, the best thing you could do, that is if you know are reliable dealer that won't blow smoke up your "you know where" and give them a call....or even shoot Beckey Rodgers a PM....seeing as how she works at a dealership, is in sales, and is one of our own.

oh and btw.....Welcome to our happy little corner of the net, and to Camaro5. There is a BIG fridge on the back porch with anything you can think of in them...help yourself...of course only take what you can LEGALLY have. Make yourself at home on one of the big fluffy couches, kick your shoes off, put your feet up on one of the tables, yes we are allowed to do that, mom's and wive's here don't care....and take it easy.

oh...btw....every once in a while a food fight breaks out...so you may not want to wear nice clothes here.

Welcome!!
Old 06-07-2011, 01:54 PM   #10
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Quote:
Originally Posted by UT-Enginner View Post
There's a 2LS??
yes.

http://www.camaro5.com/new-2ls-trim-...aro-2ls-30-mpg
Old 06-07-2011, 02:05 PM   #11
TBone
Negative Camber Junkie

Drives: 2010 1SS LS3/6MN ABM 1 of 23
The rear window in the Coupe is larger than the one in the Convertible. However, the blind spot in the Coupe is larger because of the B pillar where the 'Vert doesn't have a B pillar.

So it really comes down to where you want to see more. Of course with the top down you get the best visibility of all of the Camaro's. Only problem is it is cold half the year in PA.

Best advice is go to a Reputable/Good dealer that has a Coupe and a 'Vert and sit in or test drive both and see for yourself. Good luck with whatever you choose.

T.
I can't wait for my next
Track fix.
DA HAWKS OWN DA CUP!!!!!
TBone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 12:09 PM   #12
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
The 2LT and 2SS in both Coupe and Convertible has the 45th Anniversary package available to it. If you know of a dealer around you(as Sir Nuke has said) that has allocation for the 2012 model year already give them a call and setup an order. As for question 2 I would suggest getting into a pair of current model year Camaros and checking this for yourself. See if you like the feel of either setup and make sure you make the right decision for you. I'll be happy when we can officially call you a Camaro family member!

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote