Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California > California Meets and Events

View Poll Results: Where do you want to cruise?
Monterey via Hwy 1 10 37.04%
Mines Rd in Livermore 3 11.11%
Drag Racing @ Sac Speedway 3 11.11%
March Creek Rd in Brentwood 11 40.74%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-05-2011, 08:47 PM   #1
pyr0b0y
need....more....hp

Drives: The Neighbor Hater
NorCal New Years Day Hangover Cruise 1/1/12

Hey Everyone hope you had a blast on the cruise this past Sunday; I know I did!

The next cruise we want to do is on 1/1/12. Yup! Hangover Cruise!

South Bay/East Bay Meeting Place:

We will be meeting @ 2pm in Milpitas. WE WILL BE LEAVING @215PM. The address is:

1199 Jacklin Rd
Milpitas, CA 95035-3421

We will be arriving in Clayton around 315pm. The drive up to the area is 54 mins according to Google Maps. The address we will be driving to will be:

1536A Kirker Pass Road
Concord, CA 94521-3226

WE WILL BE LEAVING CONCORD AT 345PM. PLEASE BE THERE BY 330 SO WE CAN TALK TO EVERYONE BEFORE WE LEAVE.

Just like last time I would like to get a headcount for lunch. Please state if you have anyone coming with you and I'll get the roll call list updated by the end of today. I'd like to make the reservation tonight if possible. If you have anyone else driving another car please state that as well.

PLEASE REMEMBER TO GET GAS BEFORE WE LEAVE THE CLAYTON AREA!

Anyone who has walkie-talkies please bring them. I have 4 radios and Rick has 2. I'll also be printing out the driving directions to pass out when we meet at Clayton.

We learned a lot of things this past weekend as this was the first major cruise we've had in NorCal. It'd be nice to see some more people get involved if possible. Instead of just a couple people planning the cruise and other events; get some input from everyone!

Are you interested in doing a scenic cruise? Spirited drive through the mountains? Let everyone know!

So......who's willing to get involved in getting cruises and various events planned?!?!?!

I have a couple favorite drives I like to do and places to go for fun. Post up where'd you like to go and some things you'd like to see our NorCal group do.

Post away!
----------------------------
Ideas of places to go:
Monterey via hwy- 1
Mines Rd in Livermore
Drag Racing @ Sac Speedway
Marsh Rd in Brentwood

1. Pyr0b0y (Josh)
2. urr2slo (Rick)
3. Black on Black on Black (Skylar)
4. SS_Los
5. Exflirt (Kristina)
6. Falundir (Chris)
7. D-Nash
8. Ls1Lover
9. Neriah
10. Shardik2SS (Nick; Tentative)
11. Wally_Bear
12. Neriahs_Friend
13. Chad's 2SS
14. Riddickulus5Gen (Colleen)
15. Kaler
16. LibraCoCo
17. CyberLS (Anthony)
18. Phoenix IOM/LS (Mercedes)
19. R.I.P. HEMI
20. d-nash

Mast Motorsports Built LS3 Stroker 418, IPS GT35R Twin Turbos, Exedy GTO4XD Twin Disc Clutch, Aeromotive A1000 Eliminator Stealth Fuel Pump, AEM Meth Injection, DSS 1400hp Axels, BC Coilovers, Pfadt & BMR Suspension, Hawk HPS Pads, Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Hurst Shifter, Custom Roll Cage by Blu808, T3 Ports, 22" Custom Concave Mesh Rims

Last edited by pyr0b0y; 12-30-2011 at 02:28 PM.
pyr0b0y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 08:56 PM   #2
SS_Los

Drives: 2011 CGM 1SS L99
Im always down for any type of cruise. I really like the idea of the BBQ thing when the weather gets warmer. Maybe at like a park or something?
SS_Los is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 09:33 PM   #3
The Shadoww
Black on Black on Black

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1LS
Send a message via Skype™ to The Shadoww
BBQ is a great idea! Also i was thinking about how people got split up on the last run and i think when we get groups that big we should split it into aggressive drivers and people just trying to cruise and have each group have a leader that knows where they are going and a map that way no one can get mad saying it was to fast or slow and everyone get to the POI. Just a thought. I'm down to meet up with some guys and drive some back roads to find some good locations. I don't go out to dinner/ lunch much so i don't really know any places to eat tho. SOrrrryyy
Old 12-05-2011, 09:51 PM   #4
SS_Los

Drives: 2011 CGM 1SS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black On Black On Black View Post
BBQ is a great idea! Also i was thinking about how people got split up on the last run and i think when we get groups that big we should split it into aggressive drivers and people just trying to cruise and have each group have a leader that knows where they are going and a map that way no one can get mad saying it was to fast or slow and everyone get to the POI. Just a thought. I'm down to meet up with some guys and drive some back roads to find some good locations. I don't go out to dinner/ lunch much so i don't really know any places to eat tho. SOrrrryyy
I see where your going with this, kinda like how bikers have road captains.

Also, for scenic cruises, maybe take highway 1 to Monterrey (Cannery row). Seems to be popular. Has a variety of restaurants facing the bay. Im unsure on the parking though.
SS_Los is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 09:54 PM   #5
ElManny

Drives: 2010 CGM SS/RS COTW 7/5/2010
Send a message via AIM to ElManny
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS_Los View Post
I see where your going with this, kinda like how bikers have road captains.

Also, for scenic cruises, maybe take highway 1 to Monterrey (Cannery row). Seems to be popular. Has a variety of restaurants facing the bay. Im unsure on the parking though.
I like the Monterey idea. Bunch of scenic spots for photo ops and I'm sure they'll be eats open
ElManny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 10:36 PM   #6
Falundir

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE - Hyper Blue, P85DL
I'm still fairly new to the state, but I'll dig around in my spare time and see if I can dig something cool up for us.
Falundir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 10:59 PM   #7
d-nash

Drives: 2012 2LT/RS Black/IOM interior
There are some nice dunes at Pismo Beach (3.5 hours on 101 and 4.5 hours on CA-1) where we can rent ATVs and go dune bashing. Probably something for when it's not cold and raining though.

2012 Camaro 2LT/RS | Black With IO Stripes | IO Interior | Sun Roof | 30% window tint | Tinted tail lights and sidemarkers | Black bowties | "Orangish" footwell lighting | MRT 2.0 Exhaust | CAI intake w/ ADM scoop | Kappa Inifinty Five Amp | Kicker CVR 10" Sub
d-nash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 11:28 PM   #8
Ls1Lover

Drives: 95 Z28 Camaro
Just Thought Id Throw It Out There.

But Maybe Do Some Criusing/Lunch. Then Stop By the Track To Really Show What These Camaro's Can Do
Check it out:
NEW YEARS DAY DRAGS
When:Sunday, Jan 1, 2012
Where:Sacramento Raceway Park (map)
DescriptionNHRA/Summit ET Racing Series. Sponsored by: Chassisworks Join Team Sacramento's Points race on or before January 1st and get bonus points plus a Free Chassisworks/Te​am Sacramento T-shirt. No testing or licensing on this date. Categories: Super Pro, Pro, Sportsman, Motorcycle and Street categories. Open to all racers, membership not required. Join Team Sacramento to earn points and year end prizes. General Admission: $15 Race Entry (does not include admission): Super Pro: $45, Pro: $40, Sportsman and Motorcycle: $30, Street: $5 Gates Open: 8:00 AM . Time Trials and Racing: 10:00 AM Other NHRA/Summit ET Racing Series Events: check back later Information Phone contact: 916-363-2653 (24hr. Info line) more ET racing info Email a question click here If this event is rained out, the rainout date is Sunday January 8th. All Racers are welcome to stay the nite in the pit area parking lot. Call the 24 hr. Info line to verify if the event is proceeding as scheduled or has been rescheduled.
Old 12-05-2011, 11:32 PM   #9
Falundir

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE - Hyper Blue, P85DL
Sac has my vote. Need to try out my new setup
Falundir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 12:06 AM   #10
urr2slo

Drives: 2010 2ss ss/rs abm, 2016 2ss/rs hbm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black On Black On Black View Post
I like the splitting up into drivers group idea Skylar, great idea. Split it into 4 groups, a pedal to the metal group, a fast group, a cruising group and a grandma group for the really slow ones. I'm sure Josh would want to be a part of the last group.
Old 12-06-2011, 12:07 AM   #11
urr2slo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElManny View Post
I like the Monterey idea. Bunch of scenic spots for photo ops and I'm sure they'll be eats open
Manny, is that all you think about? There is more to life than food!
Old 12-06-2011, 12:26 AM   #12
urr2slo

On a more serious note, if anyone wants to volunteer to help Josh and I plan the Hangover cruise, actually be involved, chime in and let us know.
We would like to have 2012 be a year were the Nor-Cal Camaro5 community comes together and plans quite a few events. Josh and I would like to form a group of organizers so we can get plenty of feedback and ideas that as a group we can agree upon what would make the most sense as well as having the maximum fun factor. We're all for having more people involved in the planning as well as just joining in.
Old 12-06-2011, 01:05 AM   #13
The Shadoww
Black on Black on Black

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1LS
Send a message via Skype™ to The Shadoww
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ls1Lover View Post
But Maybe Do Some Criusing/Lunch. Then Stop By the Track To Really Show What These Camaro's Can Do
Check it out:
NEW YEARS DAY DRAGS
When:Sunday, Jan 1, 2012
Where:Sacramento Raceway Park (map)
DescriptionNHRA/Summit ET Racing Series. Sponsored by: Chassisworks Join Team Sacramento's Points race on or before January 1st and get bonus points plus a Free Chassisworks/Te​am Sacramento T-shirt. No testing or licensing on this date. Categories: Super Pro, Pro, Sportsman, Motorcycle and Street categories. Open to all racers, membership not required. Join Team Sacramento to earn points and year end prizes. General Admission: $15 Race Entry (does not include admission): Super Pro: $45, Pro: $40, Sportsman and Motorcycle: $30, Street: $5 Gates Open: 8:00 AM . Time Trials and Racing: 10:00 AM Other NHRA/Summit ET Racing Series Events: check back later Information Phone contact: 916-363-2653 (24hr. Info line) more ET racing info Email a question click here If this event is rained out, the rainout date is Sunday January 8th. All Racers are welcome to stay the nite in the pit area parking lot. Call the 24 hr. Info line to verify if the event is proceeding as scheduled or has been rescheduled.
That is very cheap! I love it!!!!
Old 12-06-2011, 01:45 AM   #14
Ls1Lover

Drives: 95 Z28 Camaro
And The Best Part Is...

You can Win a Trophy And even some cash!!!
SUPER PRO
7.00-11.99 Full Tree, Crosstalk
Optional Staging
Win: $1000…..RU: $350
Semi: $125…..Qtr: Tech card
Entry: $60 (car and driver)PRO
7.00-13.99 Full Tree,
Optional Staging, No electronics
Win: $700…..RU: $300
Semi: $100…..Qtr: Tech card
Entry: $55 (car and driver)
SPORTSMAN
12.00 - 24.99 Full Tree,
Optional Staging, No electronics
Win: $400…..RU: $150
Semi: $75…..Qtr: Tech card
Entry: $45 (car and driver) MOTORCYCLE
7.50-15.99 Split Tree,
Optional Staging
Win: $175…..RU: $100
Semi: $50
Entry: $45 (bike and rider)
(Min 12 bikes for full pay)STREET
Full Tree, Optional Staging, DOT tires and mufflers required.
Win: Trophy
RU: Trophy
Semis: Trophy
Entry: $20 (car and driver)