Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 09-27-2010, 11:38 PM   #1
lamontoclese

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT
Springs for my 1LT?

So I want to drop my 1LT by about 1" all around. I don't mind a very slight difference between the front and rear but don't want to drop it too much (my fiance already complains about stock haha). Anyway, I was looking for a good lowering spring and wondering if I could get any suggestions. Thanks.
lamontoclese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 12:18 AM   #2
CamaroDreams07

Drives: Slow V6
They're all good. Eibach is the cheapest. Pfadt and Pedders have the best reputation. It's up to you how much you want to spend. Everybody will tell you whichever one they have is the best. I don't think you can make a bad choice, as I went with the cheapest one and have been very satisfied.
Old 09-29-2010, 10:00 PM   #3
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Pedders coils trade at a premium price and with good reason.

The key to Pedders spring excellence is manufacturing quality typified by precision in loaded height tolerance. Typical in the industry is a loaded height variation of +/- 15mm of roughly 5/8s of an inch. Pedders thinks that is unacceptable. Pedders lowering coil tolerance is +/- 1mm. Pedders load cell verifies EVERY SportsRyder coil we make to meet this standard. Coils that do not 'measure up' are sent to the scrap metal recycling yard which is as unusual as our +/- 1mm tolerance.

Brand -X Coils

Pedders Coils

For you ride quality will be critical along with NO SQEAKS They are a modest drop and will work exceptionally well with the OE dampers. If you want to go lower we believe that Xa coilovers are the correct solution.

We think the OE engineers are bright guys. They designed a highly progressive 5th Gen bumpstop so that when the suspension compresses into the bumpstop the motion is smooth and controlled resulting is a high level of ride quality. Cutting the bumpstop makes the bumptop less progressive which is stating the obvious and there is no need to describe the result.
With a Pedders set of coils you will not have to cut bumpstops.

What you are paying for is premium quality and premium performance and premium ride quality. You should select the slightly higher rear coil to deliver the best possible lowering coil ride the 220032 and 220035 and keep your fiance happy.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote