Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

View Poll Results: Do you feel 2nd rate in the eyes of Chevy with the new 2014 Corvette now out?
You're ridiculous, not at all. 224 70.22%
Keep the faith man! 36 11.29%
A tad bit. 29 9.09%
I guess it's time to buy a C7 now. 30 9.40%
Voters: 319. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-17-2013, 04:21 PM   #1
Char1ieone
Fear the Red Bow Tie

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Feelings of 2nd rate now cause of the Corvette?

So since the reveal and debut of the new C7 Corvette, does anybody else out there feel as if the specialty of being a Camaro owner has ended? I guess I should clarify.

Before the unveiling of the 2014 Corvette (aka Stingray), I knew that the Corvette was going to be special and a step in the right direction for both Chevrolet, General Motors, and the whole automotive performance world in general. The power, the weight, the aerodynamics, etc. was going to be amazing innovations for American performance cars for the next 4-5 years, maybe decade. However since the unveiling and the words used, trust me I don't get hurt or bothered by words, but with the such backing of GM and Chevrolet for the Corvette, it almost seems as if the specialness and feeling of being a Camaro owner has run its course now. The past 4-5 years, the focus has mostly been on the Camaro, as well as the Mustang and even the Challenger, you know Modern American Muscle, ranging from SEMA, NAIAS, Chicago, LA Auto Show, etc., but now all will be shifting with the new debuts of the SRT Viper and Chevy Corvette and I feel like we are in the back burner. That we are the culture, the fans, the supporters of such a revolutionary automobile for the new generation of the Big 3, that are now going to be told, "Well it was one hell of a run guys, but we got other places to be. See ya!"

Now I know that this may sound as if I may be giving up on the Camaro, which I am not, but I am going to be missing those moments of when everyone would turn their heads when a Camaro passed by, or the jaws dropping when a whole group of 5th Gens were gathering, and mostly the feeling you got when the folks of Chevrolet were there at the events for the Camaro owners. I will be missing that.

I know the 6th Gen is approaching within another 3-4 years, and it will once again be our time to shine once more, but it's now just a feeling of sadness that we are no longer the apple of the Chevrolet Performance Division. This is just my feelings and just wanted to know if anyone else out there feels the same as this or not?
Char1ieone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 04:25 PM   #2
Silver-SS

Drives: 2012 2SS RS
Actually no, 99 percent of people I talk to have no idea a new corvette is coming out. Love my camaro, but I didn't get it for attention. Matter of fact I was VERY surprised at the attention I do get driving it. Everything has a niche.
Silver-SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 04:28 PM   #3
pincoin
Camaro owner since 1982

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS-RS Conv IBM L99
GM always gave more attention to the Corvette anyway, who cares. Camaro people are a breed of their own.
pincoin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 04:28 PM   #4
vroomapunk
[COTW 5/12/14]

Drives: 2012 CRT NF Cammed 2SS/RS For Sale
I felt second rate when the ZL1 came out lol. Just add another rung on the ladder above me.

Then when the LS7 Camaro comes out, my 2SS/RS will go down another notch, etc.

Nothing I can do about it.
Old 01-17-2013, 04:29 PM   #5
06_warrior

Drives: 2012 1SS LS3 M6 black on black :)
I love the new Corvette and maybe i'll get one after the dealers have ample supply and can find one without getting raped with dealer mark ups. By then the 6th gen. Camaro might be out and i'll see what they look like. Maybe i'll want one of those. But if anything i could just keep my SS and be satisfied and get nothing else.

Last edited by 06_warrior; 01-17-2013 at 05:11 PM.
06_warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 04:31 PM   #6
slick rick
SoCal Mayhem

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS/RS
Old 01-17-2013, 04:31 PM   #7
'11 cyber grey vert
"SHARK" Born Apr.26,2011

Drives: 2011 CGM 2LT/RS Convertible
I need 4 seats..so any corvette is out for me.
'11 cyber grey vert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 04:34 PM   #8
ATX211
Custom User Title

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Not a bit.

Some people love Camaro's, some love Vette's, and a whole bunch love both. You still drive a 426 HP monster that is providing more fun and style than the majority of people are experiencing.

There is always going to be something cooler, faster, more expensive out there.

Anyway, my kid absolutely loves going for rides in my car, and that is out with the Vette.
ATX211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 04:37 PM   #9
MBS

Drives: 2010 rs 2lt
This is the year of the Vette , Camaro has had the spotlight for 4 years now . Corvettes turn , but not for long with the 6th gen coming. There is a market for both , Not jealous at all. Just going to make the Camaro better I am happy for Vette guy !
MBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 04:38 PM   #10
strych9
I'll be back...

Drives: Subaru, HD Road Glide Special
The specialty of being a Camaro owner ended in 2011. And, for the record, the Corvette has always cast a shadow over the Camaro as Chevrolet has always intended.

The only thing I personally think is "special" about my Camaro is the fact that it is a limited edition version of the car. NOT because it's a Camaro.
Old 01-17-2013, 04:39 PM   #11
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
The Camaro was always second rate compared to the Vette. The C7 doesn't change that. It's just the next greatest thing to come out of GM. The Camaro will have it's day again ,but it will still be second to "the" Vette. It's the American Icon.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 04:51 PM   #12
Galaxy_Stranger

Drives: Black 2013 2SS LS3 1LE
The Camaro is a different product entirely. They can't be compared. Though, I might start the comparisons if the Gen6 Camaro deletes the rear seats...
Galaxy_Stranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 05:04 PM   #13
jameslk55

Drives: 2012 2LT/RS, 2005 SLK55 AMG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxy_Stranger View Post
The Camaro is a different product entirely. They can't be compared. Though, I might start the comparisons if the Gen6 Camaro deletes the rear seats...

You can't compare a Camaro to a Corvette or a Corvette to a Camaro.
jameslk55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 05:23 PM   #14
oklapike

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary SS Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBS View Post
This is the year of the Vette , Camaro has had the spotlight for 4 years now . Corvettes turn , but not for long with the 6th gen coming. There is a market for both , Not jealous at all. Just going to make the Camaro better I am happy for Vette guy !

Totally different cars (mostly different markets too). Personally (now that we've seen the awesomeness that is the C7), it gives me more hope that GM is going to do the 6th gen Camaro right.
oklapike is offline   Reply With Quote