Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-10-2012, 12:28 AM   #169
driyac

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary 2SS
KILL IT WITH FIRE!
driyac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 12:40 AM   #170
ardailsmith

Drives: 2012 2LT LFX A6 RS Black on Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by driyac View Post
KILL IT WITH FIRE!
If you would like we could replace this with the usual V6 vs V8, A6 vs M6 or the push button vs key thread. Lord knows those have not been over done.

Hold on, we could do the how old are you how old were you when you (fill in blank) Camaro thread.
Old 10-10-2012, 12:44 AM   #171
RSloth
[COTW- Never!]

Drives: Slothy; Sloth-like
Re-Toast.
Old 10-10-2012, 12:45 AM   #172
Char1ieone
Fear the Red Bow Tie

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
I'd rather have 100 of these to ensure that this matter is out in the public and is being made aware to as many people, especially Camaro fans as ourselves, as possible so that way Chevrolet and the higher ups take notice that we are acknowledging what has happened and are outraged about this. If something similar happened to you, I am sure that you would want as many people behind you as possible in hopes that Chevrolet will get involved to solve the matter that you rightfully would deserve and that would hopefully be A.) an apology from the dealership. B.) Firing of employees involved. C.) A new replacement Camaro. Obviously considering on how quickly this has gone out and was announced first here on Camaro5 before yahoo shows that this community supports its members, brothers and sisters, during bad and irresponsible times by another and Chevrolet announcing that they are looking into this after the victim complained to Chevy and they reported to them that it is between them and the dealer and that Chevy is not responsible then to come back and look into it, should you thankful and supportive that word is spreading.
Char1ieone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 12:50 AM   #173
Smkymts

Drives: 2011 Camaro Convertible SS
REMOVE THIS THREAD AS IT IS LISTED IN MULTIPLE THREADS

Quote:
Jesus god there are like 10 of these threads now.
I apologize if this story is listed "10" other times in other places. I looked for 30 mins and did not see it posted and thought that others would like to be informed about this.

This same thing happed to me at my local dealership. Took mine in for a noise, was told that a part need to be ordered and the car wasn't touched, the not so funny thing is that the car was returned to me with 18 miles on it and chucks of tire it the rear tirewell. My car has experienced its share of tire shredding with its 700 hp maggie and cam overhaul, but I detailed the car before taking it to the dealer and removed all traces of heavy use so they wouldn't think I abused the car. The service manager said they take all cars for a test ride to diagnois problems. and that 18 miles, in his opinion is not excessive and his people do not abuse the cars.

I had hoped that this story would gain support for our troubled brother as the next time it could be you or as I testified, ME!

But since it anoyes so many, I will ask the moderator to remove this thread. Thanks for let me know.

MODERATORS:

PLEASE CLOSE THIS THREAD AS IT IS LISTED MULTIPLE PLACES AND DISPLEASES SOME READERS.

Last edited by Smkymts; 10-10-2012 at 01:03 AM.
Smkymts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 12:53 AM   #174
Renegade
Banned

Drives: Camaro SS Edition
Send a message via AIM to Renegade Send a message via MSN to Renegade Send a message via Yahoo to Renegade Send a message via Skype™ to Renegade
Quote:
Jesus god there are like 10 of these threads now.
Merging pending..
Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 01:16 AM   #175
lgKido

Drives: 2002 Dodge Ram :(
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smkymts View Post
I apologize if this story is listed "10" other times in other places. I looked for 30 mins and did not see it posted and thought that others would like to be informed about this.

This same thing happed to me at my local dealership. Took mine in for a noise, was told that a part need to be ordered and the car wasn't touched, the not so funny thing is that the car was returned to me with 18 miles on it and chucks of tire it the rear tirewell. My car has experienced its share of tire shredding with its 700 hp maggie and cam overhaul, but I detailed the car before taking it to the dealer and removed all traces of heavy use so they wouldn't think I abused the car. The service manager said they take all cars for a test ride to diagnois problems. and that 18 miles, in his opinion is not excessive and his people do not abuse the cars.

I had hoped that this story would gain support for our troubled brother as the next time it could be you or as I testified, ME!

But since it anoyes so many, I will ask the moderator to remove this thread. Thanks for let me know.

MODERATORS:

PLEASE CLOSE THIS THREAD AS IT IS LISTED MULTIPLE PLACES AND DISPLEASES SOME READERS.
Smkymts, you're good. You simply didn't know and just wanted to help other members by speaking about your own experience and about this recent event. Nothing wrong with that. As far as the multiple threads go, this forum is filled with them. Take care man........
lgKido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 01:23 AM   #176
SoCalCamaro93

Drives: 2016 2SS, 2011 RS (past)
Yeah it's been posted before, who cares. Relax.

Past: 2011 RS, 2013 ZL1
Current: 2016 2SS
SoCalCamaro93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 02:28 AM   #177
hapisok
crazier than a coconut

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS LS3
from the yahoo link:

UPDATE: General Motors says in a statement that if the recording is valid it does not condone the behavior described, and that it is "actively working closely with the dealer to resolve this situation to the customer's satisfaction.
Old 10-10-2012, 02:33 AM   #178
kaler

Drives: 2011 Dodge 3500 dually Mega Cab
For all the re post Nazis!!!!!!!! When you have read 9 threads about "Dealership takes Owners Camaro for joy ride while in for repairs" Do your self and every one else a favor don't open another one for the 10Th friken time.
Old 10-10-2012, 02:36 AM   #179
1SSFever

Drives: 2012 1SS
Free post!
1SSFever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 02:37 AM   #180
newb

Drives: 2013 1LE
I am amazed that people expected a faster response. To be honest this is all I would expect at this point. About as soon as I would expect. Good job GM. Now follow through and make it right. I really wish the op would have given the process a chance before making this such a big deal. It is terrible but the responsible parties never had a chance to act before telling the world. I hope it works out and I'm willing to bet money the techs will not work in a dealership again anytime soon.
It's a Dingledarm. It's there to dampen side fumbling. If your marzelvanes fumble too much they can cause total protonic reversal. It gets ugly from there. This is really the biggest problem with the new Camaro. That and the tri-pronged blivot.

Delivered 21 Jan 2013

newb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 04:10 AM   #181
cam62

Drives: 2012 IBM Vert 2SS/rs
Quote:
Originally Posted by coatemm View Post
Those Facebook post are hilarious.
It appears their facebook page is gone now.
Old 10-10-2012, 05:16 AM   #182
hot_rod

Drives: 2010 2SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by newb View Post
I am amazed that people expected a faster response. To be honest this is all I would expect at this point. About as soon as I would expect. Good job GM. Now follow through and make it right. I really wish the op would have given the process a chance before making this such a big deal. It is terrible but the responsible parties never had a chance to act before telling the world. I hope it works out and I'm willing to bet money the techs will not work in a dealership again anytime soon.

I see your point BUT.....

What about preventative action on the dealer's part?

For example... from day 1 ...it's explained to all employees...."...this is how we expect all employees to treat customer's and their property ..."

"Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference." - Mark Twain

"Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience" - Unknown
hot_rod is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bad dealer, best chevrolet, cc's whore thread, crooked technicians, dealer, dealer abuse, dey see me trollin, easley sc, fraud, issue solved? troll time!, josh, josh looper, shut up and troll, thrashed, torn up camaro, trollin with my homies, voice recorder, white camaro abused, yahoo article, zombie thread