Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Closed Thread

Old 03-18-2014, 08:52 PM   #43
Nutro

Drives: 2011 2SS Synergy Green
Kyle should have a set of these ready to go for me soon!
Old 03-19-2014, 12:40 PM   #44
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
Hey Guys, I got some bad news about these new revised lower control arms. We ran into a bit of a speed bump going into production on these. We have some unplanned tooling issues that will take some time to resolve. I've been pushing hard to get these going, and I know I've been telling y'all about 2-3 weeks, but after talking to management this morning, reality is probably more like 4-6 weeks now. In addition to adding the provision for the FE4 Suspension, we are also looking to add a little more clearance between the LCA and a 17" wheel. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause with your planned Spring-time mods. But I can honestly say the end product will be well worth the wait. Good things come to those who wait!!! Keep waiting guys....they'll be here eventually!!!
Old 03-19-2014, 01:51 PM   #45
tanur420

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
How about the motor mounts, will they be in production any time soon?
Old 03-19-2014, 02:19 PM   #46
BMR Sales

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanur420 View Post
How about the motor mounts, will they be in production any time soon?
I would expect about the same time (4-6 weeks). We are reviewing our costs to build these in an effort to provide them affordably!!!
Old 03-19-2014, 02:39 PM   #47
DietCoke
Slow Turtle

Drives: 2011 1SS
Send a message via AIM to DietCoke
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMR Sales View Post
Hey Guys, I got some bad news about these new revised lower control arms. We ran into a bit of a speed bump going into production on these. We have some unplanned tooling issues that will take some time to resolve. I've been pushing hard to get these going, and I know I've been telling y'all about 2-3 weeks, but after talking to management this morning, reality is probably more like 4-6 weeks now. In addition to adding the provision for the FE4 Suspension, we are also looking to add a little more clearance between the LCA and a 17" wheel. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause with your planned Spring-time mods. But I can honestly say the end product will be well worth the wait. Good things come to those who wait!!! Keep waiting guys....they'll be here eventually!!!
Keith, the control arms aren't the issue, it's the trailing arms. Just saying.
Old 03-20-2014, 09:57 AM   #48
BMR Sales

Quote:
Originally Posted by DietCoke View Post
Keith, the control arms aren't the issue, it's the trailing arms. Just saying.
Are you talking about the TCA033 Trailing Arms you installed with your 15" conversion? After those were revised a while back, I am unaware of any remaining clearance issues with those. I'm interested to hear what you have to say though....I'll send you a PM so we can discuss.
Old 03-20-2014, 06:40 PM   #49
Suprslo

Drives: 2013 SS
Thanks for the updates on the LCA's. These are the last piece of the puzzle for me. I just hope you guys can get them out the door in time for the first LS fest
Old 05-10-2014, 03:49 PM   #50
olblue75

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Availability

Gonna revive the thread an ask for a picture and about availability?? I hope all is going with this new peice?!?!?!
Old 05-11-2014, 11:11 AM   #51
Suprslo

I just recieved mine and installed them yesterday. They are a very nice piece however I'm kind of frustrated. I've exchanged emails and phone calls several times with BMR over the past few months trying to get these. Even after a shipping mishap, I finally got them. No big deal. But the instructions start off saying I have to use adjustable toe rods with them. Why didn't anyone say something? I don't care about the money, it's just annoying to finally get my parts and have to wait even more for more parts required for the install.
Old 05-11-2014, 11:13 AM   #52
Suprslo

Here is a picture of the arms. I'll get some pictures if them installed today
Attached Images

Old 05-11-2014, 11:45 AM   #53
L99CAMA2011

Drives: One of the baddest handling Gen 5s
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suprslo View Post
Here is a picture of the arms. I'll get some pictures if them installed today
How much do they weigh each vs the stock.
Old 05-11-2014, 11:52 AM   #54
L99CAMA2011

Drives: One of the baddest handling Gen 5s
Quote:
Originally Posted by 130R View Post
The sway bar isn't a lever, and doesn't gain mechanical advantage by being longer, in fact, because the stiffness of a sway bar is proportional to its length, they lose stiffness, or become less efficient the longer they are.

The stiffness of a sway bar is also proportional to the 4th power of the diameter, so it's no coincidence that the FE4 rear bars have a larger diameter than the FE3 rear bars.

Sway bars do utilize lever arms at the ends, but once again, these are proportional to their length, which is why the closest hole to the bar is the stiffest setting, and the further out you go, the less efficient they are.

The FE3 bars also appear to have shorter lever arms (more efficient) than the FE4 bars.

So why do people keep posting the FE4 bars are more efficient? Is this just an assumption that bigger/longer is better? Or is there something I'm missing?
The proof is in the pudding. Try putting your finger next to hour thumb straight out vertically and press down with your other finger on your other hand in a perpendicular position then put that same finger further out towards the end of the vertical finger you will notice that the further out the finger pressing down is placed the more effective it is. Yes it is true that the longer the bar the weaker at the end but with a solid or larger diameter hollow bar placed more outboard the more effective. This would also work if we could place the rear shock a tad bit more outward like say .5" or so to still allow tire fitment. The same shock with say a 600lbs spring would be more effective if it was placed more outboard towards the hub.
Old 05-11-2014, 12:08 PM   #55
Suprslo

I didn't weigh them. But they are definitely heavier than stock.
Old 05-11-2014, 04:17 PM   #56
Suprslo

Here is an installed picture. Again these are a very nice piece. I put my factory wheels back on for the time being until I get my toe rods here. I just hope when they get here there isn't another note telling me I need something else for them to work...
Attached Images

Closed Thread