Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 11-12-2011, 08:05 PM   #1
caliguy
Don't ask to pop my hood!

Drives: it's loud.......
Question Left front strut ....

Hi All,
Just lowered my car other day, went to take it get aligned yesterday but they couldn't do it cause i need the camber kit which i ran down to our local napa and bought them, ( just for fronts ) now have to wait till monday to get aligned and kit put in, but i notice my left front strut when i turn or just going slow over bumps makes a ( kinda hard to explain the sound ) like squeeky old door sound when everything is lined up fine no rubber bushings left out or anything, Shop said might take a few days or so for them to settle? Anything else i can check for? Thanks

*EDIT* Do you think after alignment the sound will go away?

Pics added in album how it looks... sorry taken with cell..
Limo tint rears, 35% sides | B&G lowering springs | BowTies Blacked out | Red Footwells|Dome Light|Kicker 500Watts-Amp-Kicker 12" Ported Sub=BOOM| Stillin Splitter |Pssst 100 shot| 13.36 @102.7 @LVMS |
caliguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 06:59 AM   #2
flyby

Drives: 2010 Silver SS
check the rubber bushing/washer at the top... it may be missing which has been the cause of similar sounds.
flyby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 07:04 PM   #3
Bruce@raymondsperformance

Drives: 2014 Z28 camaro
I would recheck the left front strut mount and the spring to make sure it is seated properly before the alignment,an alignment probally won't fix a noise or anything else since it is just the final adjustment.There should be no need for a camber kit on the front as it is adjustable from the factory, you just need a bolt to screw into the knuckle while the adjustment is being made then remove the bolt after the camber is adjusted.
Bruce@raymondsperformance is offline   Reply With Quote