Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Other Generations > 1st & 2nd Generation Camaros

Old 02-16-2013, 11:01 AM   #1
chevy dude

Drives: 2010 1LT/RS IBM Camaro
need alignment?

yesterday I purchased my first 69 camaro SS,and upon driving it home i couldn't help but notice how the steering seems to wander from left to right,and i seem to have to constantly work the wheel to keep the car going straight.

It does have a quick ratio steering box in the car.The tires are definately not stock and have a wider tread.I noticed on newer roads the wandering isn't as evident.,but older roads because of the "grooves,it tends to wander even more.

I'm thinking new alignment,but previous owner says he had a alignment done to the car?The car has new bushings and suspension parts,and the rear springs were re-arched.

Any ideas???
Old 02-16-2013, 02:49 PM   #2
quualudes

Drives: 2015 1SS 1LE MPP
I'd say alignment just so YOU know it was done and all parts inspected well.

On a side note, since this is a modified car, it might take a few times to dial it in... NTB has 1, 3 and 5 year alignment plans. I got the 5 year plan for my van for 150 bucks! If I need an alignment, I just bring it in and get it done! I will do the same for my Camaro once I know I can get it on their Hunter unit when I get my coilovers. Worst case, I bring my own ramps!!
quualudes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 06:03 PM   #3
chevy dude

Thanks man,I think that's what it is too.As soon as the weather gets a litttle nicer,then I'll take it in.
Old 03-27-2013, 06:51 PM   #4
chevy dude

After taking the camaro to Belle tire in my area,it turns out the previous owner did have the front end aligned.They said the specs were perfect.Then i said is there anything else that can be adjusted?Turns out there is a adjustment screw on the steering gearbox,and that was the "fix".