Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 07-05-2015, 10:10 AM   #967
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
About 4 hours.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 11:05 AM   #968
Merc
In The Circle

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS IOM M6
Any word on a coilover offering from JPSS?

Old 07-05-2015, 12:48 PM   #969
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merc View Post

Soon???

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 01:59 PM   #970
Merc
In The Circle

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS IOM M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
Soon???
Old 07-17-2015, 08:59 AM   #971
JusticePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merc View Post

I don't know that soon is the appropriate answer. There are two really fine products in the market right now for coilovers. I have no interest in bringing a similar product to market. The OE DSSV struts have the best valve reaction of any damper I have tested with two weaknesses. No height adjustment and no valve adjustment. Our goal for a coilover product is to combine the valve reaction of the DSSV struts with the adjustability of a coilover. We have made progress on this and will be lab TESTING a new vavle array SOON.

Our product development continues on other fronts. Here is an interesting image... I wonder what it could be?
Attached Images

Old 07-29-2015, 09:55 PM   #972
The Circle
If you have to ask ......

Drives: Camaros
The Circle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 10:19 PM   #973
JusticePete

Hello Circle!

Old 07-29-2015, 10:20 PM   #974
JusticePete

Or should is say OVAL?
Old 07-29-2015, 11:25 PM   #975
hammdo
'It's an experiment'

Drives: [COTW 2/09/15] '11 GPI LSA SC Z/LE
Sexy beast!

-Don
hammdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 11:34 AM   #976
EODSS

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS L99 TF3
That looks awesome Pete!
Old 08-10-2015, 01:49 PM   #977
JusticePete

It wouldn't be a Camaro5FEST without some suspension work at the host hotel.

Old 08-16-2015, 03:00 PM   #978
JusticePete

One more build in the books.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ20102SS View Post
Where to even begin..... If you've been following this post, you know I had a bad experience with the first place that was going to do the mods on my car. Then, Pete from JPSS and I talked here on the Camaro5 forum. It must have been meant to be. One thing lead to another.....and a week later I dropped my car off to Pete in Virginia.....drove it there from NJ. I had JPSS install a custom Comp cam, Hooker Blackheart headers and a Borla ATAK exhaust. While they were at it, I had them install new sway bars and a Hurst shifter....and of course, dyno tune the car. Got the car back.....and it's incredible. A completely different car. Words cannot even explain what a good experience I had working with Pete. He makes you feel like you're the only customer they have. Keeps you posted with every step they're doing. I couldn't ask for more. 5 star service for sure. And, the car came back to me looking like it never left my garage. Pete must have been thrilled with the way it turned out....as much as I am. They're now offering a "Jersey Pakage" with the parts that went into my build. It's that good. Here's a link to their new "Jersey" package:

http://www.jpssonline.com/#/jpss-jersey-package/
Old 08-16-2015, 08:20 PM   #979
Iron Oak
Club Motorsports Track Op

Drives: STI, Land Rover and future 1LE
I have to say I am very impressed with your knowledge and attention to detail. I sent you a rather long email this weekend. Just a heads up.

Also I would like your opinion on something.

I plan on either getting a 14'-15' 1LE or ZL1 to do track days, autocross and some hillclimb events. Also with the occasionally drive though the twisty roads in the New England mountains.

I was dead set on a 1LE as I mentioned in my email. With plans to modify it in the future.

One question I have is do you think a ZL1 would be a better choice for the things I want to do with the car mentioned above? I think the supercharger would be most advantageous in the hillclimbs.

My biggest concern with the ZL1 was weight. Followed by car balance and supercharger heat soak.

I live in Maine and it basically would be my fun car and used primarily in the New England states so it doesn't get too hot here like some other parts of the country.

Long story short, I plan on keep this car for a while. Building upon it and refining it for many years.

I have no interest in drag racing. A well balanced chassis and just plain fun drivers car is my goal.

The ZL1 would be much easier to get a little more power out of. Mainly bolt ons, a cam, slight head work and a tune and I would be done.

Suspension wise is the MRC good enough to leave alone? If I wanted to upgrade it in the future is it a huge expense?
How much heavier is a ZL1 than a 1LE and could I offset the difference with more power from the engine.

How much power increase can you get away with before heats soak really becomes an issue with track events? Say 20-30 min sessions. I'm not looking for anything crazy maybe 650hp at the crank. I see some people going 700-800 or more, no thanks. I want to maintain some balance.

If I went 1LE it would probably be a little over 500-525whp.

Lastly, would a square tire set up be more ideal for handling purposes?
Iron Oak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 10:33 AM   #980
JusticePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Oak View Post
I have to say I am very impressed with your knowledge and attention to detail. I sent you a rather long email this weekend. Just a heads up.

Also I would like your opinion on something.

I plan on either getting a 14'-15' 1LE or ZL1 to do track days, autocross and some hillclimb events. Also with the occasionally drive though the twisty roads in the New England mountains.

I was dead set on a 1LE as I mentioned in my email. With plans to modify it in the future.

One question I have is do you think a ZL1 would be a better choice for the things I want to do with the car mentioned above? I think the supercharger would be most advantageous in the hillclimbs.

My biggest concern with the ZL1 was weight. Followed by car balance and supercharger heat soak.

I live in Maine and it basically would be my fun car and used primarily in the New England states so it doesn't get too hot here like some other parts of the country.

Long story short, I plan on keep this car for a while. Building upon it and refining it for many years.

I have no interest in drag racing. A well balanced chassis and just plain fun drivers car is my goal.

The ZL1 would be much easier to get a little more power out of. Mainly bolt ons, a cam, slight head work and a tune and I would be done.

Suspension wise is the MRC good enough to leave alone? If I wanted to upgrade it in the future is it a huge expense?
How much heavier is a ZL1 than a 1LE and could I offset the difference with more power from the engine.

How much power increase can you get away with before heats soak really becomes an issue with track events? Say 20-30 min sessions. I'm not looking for anything crazy maybe 650hp at the crank. I see some people going 700-800 or more, no thanks. I want to maintain some balance.

If I went 1LE it would probably be a little over 500-525whp.

Lastly, would a square tire set up be more ideal for handling purposes?
The ZL1 is an awesome all round automobile. The 1LE is a bit more focused. Because the 1LE is lighter in weight, it requires less HP to get around a track. Less weight makes things work better on a road course. 305/30/19s work better on the 1LE because they have less weight working them.

If you want to casually run HPDE events, the 1LE and the ZL1 are close to track ready. Both benefit from upgrades in brake fluid and pads, but the casual HPDE driver can run them pretty much off the showroom floor. The more aggressive you are behind the wheel the more you will need to upgrade your Camaro.

Both cars will respond well to the JPSS Black Magic Rear Sway bar. The bigger rear bar will loosen the car, make it more neutral and easier to drive fast. Adding JPSS Black Magic Caster locks increase caster by 1 degree. This also frees up the car and brings the steering wheel back on center more quickly. JPSS Black Magic Billet Radius Arm Bushings reduce dynamic caster change and improve the on center steering wheel feel. These are the track essentials for both cars.

As you are able to run harder and faster the next barrier in performance will be engine coolant and oil temperatures. We have developed a highly effective oil cooler system based on a huge Fluidyne cooler. It requires modification of the front bumper bar, welding, brackets and of course plumbing. The massive Fluidyne well installed keeps oil temp under 290 degrees. With the lower oil temps coolant temps are proportionately lower. As you build more HP you also build heat. C&R Racing has an off the shelf radiator that is a direct OE replacement that works well for higher HP builds.

As we move up the ladder with driver skill and HP more suspension modifications are required. We really like the Z/28 coil rates. We like the 1LE / Z/28 Light setup and the ZL1 / Z/28 Light setup. Using Z/28 coils on the ZL1 or 1LE may not follow the book for perfect damping, but the results are excellent on track.

We would welcome you build i our shop in stages or we can work with you as you build your own Camaro in your home shop. Your email did not come through. What email did you send it too?