Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-14-2010, 11:50 AM   #71
Cmaro214

Drives: 2010 ABM 1LT/RS Camaro "Blu Bruzr"
for me it appeared that way when first sitting in one, but its feels alot mroe roomy and the visibility doesnt seem to be an issue anymore.

VIN: 2G1FB1EV6A9178865
Cmaro214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 12:13 PM   #72
Bama_SIM_Cam
QuickSilver

Drives: LS SIM Stick
With the 6-way seat and telescoping wheel I have so much range to adjust the driving position (I am 5' 9") that I can easily go from "undriveable" to very comfortable. Or from good visibility to poor visibility. I can now to get back to my favorite settings when they are changed quite easily. The only visibility issue I have is when backing. I work around this by paying extra attention to where I park. I like the large rear view mirrors. I find the V6 stick to be very comfortable and fun to drive and switching back to my '05 Camry or my wife's '06 Mazda 5 feels like I am driving a trolley car even though both are nice cars and I was never unhappy to drive them before.

Bama_SIM_Cam ~ Oneonta, Alabama
Bama_SIM_Cam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 01:35 PM   #73
ViperTomcat
Banned

Drives: 2011 Avenger Heat
I had to take my buddies 2SS in today to the service dept. to have it's vitals changed and checked because he is sick as hell in bed (food poisoning).

Having come from the Challenger I found the Camaro's visibility to be slightly worse (emphasis on slightly).

I'm 6'3 and about 240 pounds and if the Challenger is a 5 on visibility..I'd give the Camaro a 4.75/5. The high bonnet line, large and highly swept back windscreen and low-ish roofline does restrict some visibility out the front. Visibility out of the side is just fine.

My only real problem was out the rear window. The window itself is fine, but combine the window with the rear view mirror and its position? makes rear-view the most problematic.

On the subject of physical room I found it fine to deal with for the most part. His is a A6 so I found the shift selector to be easy enough to locate and manipulate. Everything except for the far side of the radio stack was close and easy to work with. I didnt have a great deal of headroom (only about an inch or 1.5) with the seat all the way down and back.

I still maintain the Mustang was the easiest of the cars to see out of, where the Camaro hugged you the best and you felt the most "confined" in.
ViperTomcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 05:47 PM   #74
Phantom.5SS
Hell yeah I'm Guilty.....

Drives: 2010 2-SS ABM NON-RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by v6sonoma View Post
Well it's not like driving my truck but I don't think it's bad at all. The only issue is if your tall and you get to close to a stop light you kind of have to duck down to see them or you could always look through the sun roof!
Gotta get one of those old 1950's traffic light finders LOL.
Attached Images

Old 02-14-2010, 06:28 PM   #75
Black5thgen
Account Suspended

Drives: 2007 C6
If you think the Camaro is cramped then don't try a vette. I'm a bigger guy and think the Camaro is quite roomy. No complaints here.
Black5thgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 08:31 PM   #76
PA FAST
Future Camaro Driver.

Drives: 2009 Escape/2007 Ridgeline
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom.5SS View Post
Gotta get one of those old 1950's traffic light finders LOL.
WTF is that? Some kind of mirror?
Old 02-14-2010, 10:29 PM   #77
MyIBMssRS

Drives: 10 IBM SS RS/14 1500 Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black5thgen View Post
If you think the Camaro is cramped then don't try a vette. I'm a bigger guy and think the Camaro is quite roomy. No complaints here.
The C5's are bad, the C6's are slightly better. But both make the Camaro seem like an SUV.
MyIBMssRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 01:21 AM   #78
gdarrah99

Drives: 2010 Black/Black 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dboy23 View Post
Name one modern sports car that has worse visibility. I've driven C5 Vette's, C6 Vette's, the last three generation Mustang's, an Infiniti G35 and a G37, I previously owned a Nissan 350Z, I've driven a Z3 and Z4 BMW, Mercedes SL, my brothers BMW 650, I can go on and on and none are as bad as the Camaro.

Okay name one car in the last decade, please and thank you.
Ford GT, Ferrari F430 Scuderia, Dodge Viper ACR... not sure about all Vipers; I've only driven the ACR. All of these cars have absolutely horrible visibility. Arguably they are primarily track cars, but driving them in traffic (and parking them in a parking lot) is an adventure!
gdarrah99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 09:23 AM   #79
ClaymoreZ28

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM Camaro
I found same when I first got the car.
Windscreen seems narrow and height of side windows seemed high
It also took some getting used to the view out of the back and the different blindspots compared to my old Z28

It was also funny to actually see the hood and the fronnt quarter of the car - after the Z28 - where the hood is basically invisible

Net after 3300 miles is that I am no longer aware of this.
When I get back into my 4th gen though it does feel like I have a lot more glass around me

One interesting comment from my youngest daughter is that she has a window in the back now ! The old 4th gen had no "porthole" for her. She loves watching people watching her as we drive past !
Old 02-15-2010, 09:27 AM   #80
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by PA FAST View Post
WTF is that? Some kind of mirror?
It's a prizim, so you can just look at it and you can see the stoplight above...