Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-06-2022, 01:34 PM   #1
E.T.

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
Places that buy modern muscle cars?

I'm thinking of selling my 2012 2SS, but don't really want to go the Autotrader route or whatever. I'd rather not have a bunch of people just interested in joyriding, scammers, etc. So, I was wondering if anyone was aware of places that buy modern muscle cars for reasonable prices?

My car is highly modded, and it sucks, but I know I won't get nearly what I put into it, but figure it's worth looking into. One place that came to mind was Vanguard Motors, which I think I heard Joe Rogan mention on his show. Anyway, I just emailed them, and they said they're not interested. Kind of surprised by that, but whatever.

E.T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2022, 01:44 PM   #2
NoDakZ/28

Drives: 2014 Z/28 CTF
Honestly if you aren't really worried about getting top dollar in the private market, any dealer these days will give you a reasonable offer due to lack of used inventory. You might lose more selling to a specific buyer (specialty dealer) by means of shipping/travel/inventory. Try local dealers and get a rough idea of a price they are willing to pay, then move from there, don't be opposed to make a ad here as well. Someone could be looking for another. Hope that helps.
2014 Z/28 #99008 CTF SIM
NoDakZ/28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2022, 02:07 PM   #3
E.T.

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoDak1LE View Post
Honestly if you aren't really worried about getting top dollar in the private market, any dealer these days will give you a reasonable offer due to lack of used inventory. You might lose more selling to a specific buyer (specialty dealer) by means of shipping/travel/inventory. Try local dealers and get a rough idea of a price they are willing to pay, then move from there, don't be opposed to make a ad here as well. Someone could be looking for another. Hope that helps.

Thanks I'm torn. The car is awesome, it's just that I live in OH, so it sits in my garage for a good portion of the year. On top of that, it's just not very practical for anything besides fun. The mileage is around 8 MPGs, and with today's gas prices (thanks, Brandon), it's not gonna be a daily driver.

I figured I'd at least check around and see. OTOH, if someplace is only gonna offer me like $20K or something, then that's not even worth my time.

E.T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2022, 02:36 PM   #4
NoDakZ/28

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.T. View Post
Thanks I'm torn. The car is awesome, it's just that I live in OH, so it sits in my garage for a good portion of the year. On top of that, it's just not very practical for anything besides fun. The mileage is around 8 MPGs, and with today's gas prices (thanks, Brandon), it's not gonna be a daily driver.

I figured I'd at least check around and see. OTOH, if someplace is only gonna offer me like $20K or something, then that's not even worth my time.

Ha, oh I feel your pain! living in North Dakota we don't get to drive them much either with such a short summer. My mpg is worse on E85 too, ha!
2014 Z/28 #99008 CTF SIM
Old 04-06-2022, 08:44 PM   #5
The SS Godfather

Drives: 2010 CAMARO RS/SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoDak1LE View Post
Ha, oh I feel your pain! living in North Dakota we don't get to drive them much either with such a short summer. My mpg is worse on E85 too, ha!
Dam guys.... Feel for you as we are so so so lucky here as drive all year round- no snow and great weather down under in NZ - Sending my thoughts to you guys!!!
Attached Images

The SS Godfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2022, 08:47 AM   #6
NoDakZ/28

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SS Godfather View Post
Dam guys.... Feel for you as we are so so so lucky here as drive all year round- no snow and great weather down under in NZ - Sending my thoughts to you guys!!!

Appreciate that, ha! Enjoy that, we are all jealous!
2014 Z/28 #99008 CTF SIM
Old 04-07-2022, 08:54 AM   #7
pyroguy
Started#gottalovethatblue

Drives: ABM #831
Check out Streetcar Supermarket. I know they are always posting info on heavily modified cars for sale.
'10 Camaro 2SS/RS | Aqua Blue #831 of 3,903 | Silver Stripes
Check out my build thread
pyroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2022, 12:00 PM   #8
sscamaro

Drives: 2010 2SS, 2017 Silverado LTZ
I get 19 mpg with the mods listed below with 93 octane.
2010 2SS/RS Victory Red, MN6, 1-7/8 Kooks LT Headers, SLP Axle Back, Edelbrock E-Force S/C, ZL1 Fuel Pump, 72# Injectors, JRE fuel rail upgrade, Roto-Fab CAI, Elite Catch Can, Billet Hurst Shifter, DSS 1000HP axles, Spohn Trailing Arms, Toe Links, Lower Control Arms. Chrome American Racing Torq-Thrust wheels. 546/rwhp & 522/rwtq & 10.9# boost Tune by Jeremy Formato.
sscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote