Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 10-07-2009, 08:56 PM   #71
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Quote:
Originally Posted by dms View Post
This is really interesting,

I have a postit that I use for myself that is nearly identical to this! Usually within 1 or 2 minutes on the phone, I have all this data. I do it so much, it is not instinctual. Great idea.

thanks so much

mike
dms
No prob. It would be handy if I knew the answers to your questions before I called. I've seen alot of posts about customers speaking with the Pedders guys on the phone for over an hour, could be a big time saver.... Unless you just like to talk
Old 10-07-2009, 08:58 PM   #72
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterCamaro69 View Post
I've seen alot of posts about customers speaking with the Pedders guys on the phone for over an hour, could be a big time saver.... Unless you just like to talk
So you know Mike very well. How long was your first phone call?
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 09:32 PM   #73
Mr Twisty

Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
So you know Mike very well. How long was your first phone call?
I've only talked with Deb, I want to know which of you tends to say... "Hold my coke, I'm gonna try something" the most... He's the one I want to talk to
Old 10-08-2009, 09:55 AM   #74
600hp-lpe

Drives: 2010
Quote:
I've only talked with Deb, I want to know which of you tends to say... "Hold my coke, I'm gonna try something" the most... He's the one I want to talk to
You want Mike then.. Very knowledgeable. I think he sleeps with Poly bushings propping up his pillow for comfort.

Mike definitely knows how to get the right stuff matched to the customer's needs.
600hp-lpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 10:30 AM   #75
Info@PeddersUSA.com

Drives: 5th Gen Rental
Quote:
Originally Posted by 570hp-lpe View Post
You want Mike then.. Very knowledgeable. I think he sleeps with Poly bushings propping up his pillow for comfort.

Mike definitely knows how to get the right stuff matched to the customer's needs.
Pedders worked with the Temperpedick Pillow people to make me a custom poly pillow. My concern is how did you know it? LOL

mike
dms
Info@PeddersUSA.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 10:43 AM   #76
Info@PeddersUSA.com

Quote:
No prob. It would be handy if I knew the answers to your questions before I called. I've seen alot of posts about customers speaking with the Pedders guys on the phone for over an hour, could be a big time saver.... Unless you just like to talk
Before Pete published the data on the Camaro on our website, I have traditionally, after discussions of goals, tires, hp, etc, would/will make a recommendation and explain why. If you have the interest this conversation can take some time. But usually by the end of the conversation, you know what you want, why, and what to expect. Your ear may be sore, but you are smiling. LOL Now you think I talk a lot, you should chat with my wife!!

Being passionate is a blessing and curse!

mike
dms
Old 10-08-2009, 12:13 PM   #77
Mr Twisty

Quote:
Before Pete published the data on the Camaro on our website, I have traditionally, after discussions of goals, tires, hp, etc, would/will make a recommendation and explain why. If you have the interest this conversation can take some time. But usually by the end of the conversation, you know what you want, why, and what to expect. Your ear may be sore, but you are smiling. LOL Now you think I talk a lot, you should chat with my wife!!

mike
dms
Passion for your job is a good thing
Let's talk about ease of installation.... For those of us on a budget, but would like to eventually replace most bushings, what can be replaced before the whole rear cradle and exhaust needs to be removed?
Old 10-08-2009, 12:14 PM   #78
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:

mike
dms
Being passionate about Pedders and Performance is exactly why you are part of the TEAM. The anal addication to perfection which is sometimes a curse, is another reason why I want you at Pedders. If you were Serbian you would be perfect.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 12:31 PM   #79
600hp-lpe

Quote:
Pedders worked with the Temperpedick Pillow people to make me a custom poly pillow. My concern is how did you know it? LOL

mike
dms
Those poly bushes have to be close to you in your sleep... what better place to put them? LOL

The Devil told me.

Last edited by 600hp-lpe; 10-08-2009 at 02:22 PM.
Old 10-08-2009, 12:35 PM   #80
600hp-lpe

Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
Being passionate about Pedders and Performance is exactly why you are part of the TEAM. The anal addication to perfection which is sometimes a curse, is another reason why I want you at Pedders. If you were Serbian you would be perfect.
THAT is why I went with you guys.. you don't get that level support from any of the other aftermarket companies.

Some have passion about their product. (LPE, Pedders and Wretched proved it.)

Some shove parts it in a box and say "oh well, your fault" when it breaks.
Old 10-08-2009, 06:37 PM   #81
Info@PeddersUSA.com

Quote:
Passion for your job is a good thing
Let's talk about ease of installation.... For those of us on a budget, but would like to eventually replace most bushings, what can be replaced before the whole rear cradle and exhaust needs to be removed?
This is a great question!. I have chatted with about 20 Camaro guys today (sorry Pete, could not complete all my work you wanted me to do because of it) which about 25% of the guys are doing the work themselves.

One of my jobs that I did when I was a tech and after getting a degree in auto technology, I went back to school and got a Automotive Vocational Education Degree. I would work as a tech in the day, and teach at the college level 2 nights a week. Did this for about 7 years. My teaching life has given me a great insite (with the exception of my crummy spelling) in writing manuals and training others. With that said,
we have install manuals for sway bars, Xa kits, front radius rod bushings, rear diff bushings, and rear cradle insert bushings. 15 guys or so have used the Xa manual for the Camaro, and other than grammer and spelling, have found them to be quite acceptable. I also have a complete Track manual for a G8, which applies approximately 95% to the Camaro.
So I have a lot of info out there and available on our Pedders forum. You can see them and down load them by going into the Camaro and G8 sections. The radius rod, cradle and diff bushing processes are identical, b"radius rod bushing is adjustable on the G8, but not the Camaro. With our Pedders alignment kit, however, we can make it adjustable. The rear diff bushings are a little different. The G8 uses an aluminum outer jacket, and the Camaro uses a steel jacket. There is one more step.

So I think we pretty much got you covered. Once I have access to a totally complete Track install on a Camaro, I will take pictures, and totally ugrade everything.

mike
dms
Old 10-08-2009, 07:44 PM   #82
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Pedders crew....
I was just reading thru another thread about wheel hop and it occured to me that I dont think I have read any info on the problem from you guys! Is it a big problem on the camaro? Whats yalls take on it? Feel free to reply in the wheel hop thread if you would like!

Here is the link....
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46236
ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 08:20 PM   #83
Info@PeddersUSA.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by shnomac77 View Post
Pedders crew....
I was just reading thru another thread about wheel hop and it occured to me that I dont think I have read any info on the problem from you guys! Is it a big problem on the camaro? Whats yalls take on it? Feel free to reply in the wheel hop thread if you would like!

Here is the link....
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46236
We have not discussed wheel hop much, but do know it exists on some of the Camaros. Wheel hop is a function of a frequency. To reduce or eliminate the frequency, looseness and damping must be reduced/increased. The 2 primary bushing concerns are:
Rear Cradle
EP1200 Zeta II Rear Extreme Sub-Frame Connector Kit $248.43 for vehicles under say 450HP at the rear
EP1201 CAMARO TOTAL REAR SUB FRAME BUSHING REPLACEMENT $449.03 For vehicles over 450hp or vehicles with drag radials

Rear Differential Mount bushings
EP1167 Zeta Rear Differential Bush Kit $108.36 For vehicles with under 450hp at rear
EP1167HD REAR ZETA HD DIFFERENTIAL BUSHING KIT $138.36 For vehicles with over 450hp at the rear or Drag radials

This would be the first step I would do.
Here is our 1st level Drag Package. Also includes are extended alignment kits front and rear.:

PEDDERS CAMARO BASIC DRAG BUSHING PACKAGE
Merlin Store P/N is CAMAROBASICDRAG
10/5/09 The Zeta II CAMARO Platform Is an excellent beginning suspension package that can be greatly improved with the magic that Pedders has to offer. Wheel hop is an issue for the G8. There will be 3 levels of Pedders Drag Packages to meet the needs of the occassional user to the hard core user. This is Level 1, our basic package

Part # Pedders Component
EP1201 CAMARO TOTAL REAR SUB FRAME BUSHING REPLACEMENT
EP1167HD REAR ZETA HD DIFFERENTIAL BUSHING KIT
EP6578 CAMARO Front Radius Rod STIFFENING SNUBBERS (new)
PDUSACAMFULL CAMARO REAR EXTENDED CAMBER, TOE ADJUSTERS, FRONT CASTER ECCENTRICS & CAMBER ADJUSTERS

Mike
dms
Old 10-08-2009, 08:27 PM   #84
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Thanks for the quick reply! Man I cant wait to get back to the states and start building up a pedderized camaro. Yall are awsome! Hell I may do a little work to the wifes G8 GT...nothing major just firm it up a little.
ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote