Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 10-07-2008, 04:57 PM   #1
SimC33

Drives: 2001 Blk/Blk M6 Camaro SS #899
Should I take the chance of being WAY down the list?!?!?!

Ok so here is what my dealer sent me in an email,

Dear Joseph,

Welcome to All Star Chevrolet and thank you for your interest in the Chevrolet Camaro. My name is Craig Barber and I am the GM Certified Internet Manager.

I received your request and wanted to take a minute to try to answer your questions. You would be 21st on our list of people wishing to order the new Camaro (as of the time of this email) and internet pricing will be MSRP. On Oct. 13th, GM will provide the dealers that qualify (which we do) with a certain allocation. We are unsure whether that allocation will be for 1 or 2 units, or possibly 10 plus. There will also be constraints that have not been disclosed at this time. The production is still scheduled for February production with March delivery. The required deposit will be a minimum of $1000.

I know this is a little confusing, so, feel free to contact me directly at 225-490-5120 at your earliest convenience.

Regards,

Craig Barber
Sales Manager
All Star ! Chevrolet
225-490-5120
cbarber@allstarautomotive.com

Now he said that there are only a few internet sales people...And this is what I would want to be doing, but I'm 21st on the list! Should I try another dealership? OR should I take the chance and see if I get a phone call on the 13th to order? I also didn't know there were gonna be constrictions on the cars they allowed delearships to have!!!
SimC33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 04:59 PM   #2
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
If he puts you "on the list" without a deposit - go for it. Tell them there is no sense in giving money down if they only get 10. If they have enough allocation, then cut them the deposit on Oct 13th.
CamaroScotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 05:17 PM   #3
SimC33

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroScotty View Post
If he puts you "on the list" without a deposit - go for it. Tell them there is no sense in giving money down if they only get 10. If they have enough allocation, then cut them the deposit on Oct 13th.
Ok sounds good. I was hoping you'd chime in on this one. So what if the allocation doesnt make its way down to me? Can we order the 15th,16th...etc? or is this a one day thing? I just want to order on the 13th and be done with it...haha
Old 10-07-2008, 05:20 PM   #4
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

No, you can order until it's gone. There's no way I'll get everyone in on the 13th. It will take a day or two.

Keep calling around. You have time.
Old 10-07-2008, 05:27 PM   #5
SimC33

Quote:
No, you can order until it's gone. There's no way I'll get everyone in on the 13th. It will take a day or two.

Keep calling around. You have time.

From a dealer and honest person's perspective...What do you think my chances are of the list getting to me at number 21? I know he doesn't know the allocation number, but as far as people coming up with the 1k deposit...

And whats the deal with these contraits he's talking about? Why wouldn't GM let those of us ordering on the 13th get to choose the color/options/etc rather than forcing the dealership to have their entire allocation be contrained?
Old 10-07-2008, 05:40 PM   #6
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

I can't and won't guess on what the magic allocation number is.

Constraints. Not sure what he meant by that. You'll see that on a car being built if parts are in short supply. It will hold an order up until the parts are available again....in most cases.

I think even though the 13th is coming, we all need to slow down a little. The 13th is the start, not the end. Don't rush or be rushed and make a decision. Take your time. I know I will be!
Old 10-07-2008, 05:46 PM   #7
SimC33

Quote:
I can't and won't guess on what the magic allocation number is.

Constraints. Not sure what he meant by that. You'll see that on a car being built if parts are in short supply. It will hold an order up until the parts are available again....in most cases.

I think even though the 13th is coming, we all need to slow down a little. The 13th is the start, not the end. Don't rush or be rushed and make a decision. Take your time. I know I will be!
The salesman said that the constraints meant as follows...he said that hes not sure if the allocation will tell him he's only allowed to order certain colors, and certain options...OR if we (the buyer) gets to order whatever we want it to be..
Old 10-07-2008, 06:16 PM   #8
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

There was speculation that X amount of orders would be for V6 and X for V8. To date, I have not heard that from any credible source.
Old 10-07-2008, 08:47 PM   #9
srtclg1007

Drives: 08 C6 NPP, MZ6 436hp
Im 8 on my dealers list. If I do a sold order and they are only allocated 7 would I be out of luck???
srtclg1007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 09:40 PM   #10
SimC33

Quote:
Originally Posted by srtclg1007 View Post
Im 8 on my dealers list. If I do a sold order and they are only allocated 7 would I be out of luck???
I would assume so. I told me dealer to either call me to tell me I can order or call me to tell me that I can't I just hope their allocation finds its way down to number 21 where I sit
Old 10-07-2008, 09:42 PM   #11
headpunter
Not That sad..considering

Drives: Man
Send a message via AIM to headpunter
there is no way a dealer only gets 7 of these cars..
Old 10-07-2008, 09:44 PM   #12
playhard67
come to poppa

Drives: 67RS,09 Harley FLHX
remember that inevitably some of those 20 people above you on the list may have decided not to buy a Camaro. So, when they get to the list, you may find out you have moved up

Cancelled the 2010 SS/RS (for now) and bought this instead (2009 Harley FLHX)
playhard67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 10:18 PM   #13
EllwynX

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Only dealer who's been decent to eMail with has told me they currently have 14 names on their list. They're going to add mine, but I dunno if that's too high a number. They aren't requiring anything down to get on the list I guess since he said they'd add my name, but didn't mention a deposit.
EllwynX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 11:38 PM   #14
SimC33

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllwynX View Post
Only dealer who's been decent to eMail with has told me they currently have 14 names on their list. They're going to add mine, but I dunno if that's too high a number. They aren't requiring anything down to get on the list I guess since he said they'd add my name, but didn't mention a deposit.
15th is ALOT better than 21st from where im ordering from...and I don't have to pay to get on the list either, but once I order I do have to put 1k down towards the car and is also totally refundable if it just so happens I dont want the car