Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 09-22-2011, 05:29 PM   #29
Sam The Plumber

Drives: 2012 Black 2SS/RS Auto
i think the impala is done. arent they coming out with the caprice to replace it.
Old 09-22-2011, 05:52 PM   #30
2ndgenz28
Thread Killer

Drives: All Black
Send a message via ICQ to 2ndgenz28 Send a message via AIM to 2ndgenz28 Send a message via Yahoo to 2ndgenz28
A new caprice cop car ?

If your gonna ride in one, nothing like the ride in the back of a Caprice cop car.

Last edited by 2ndgenz28; 09-22-2011 at 06:07 PM.
2ndgenz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 07:10 PM   #31
liquidsmoke
Two Miles An Hour

Drives: SIM 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveagogo1 View Post
The primary reason you do not see many of these items in our vehicle is simply due to cost. In order to keep in line with the Mustang they had to cut costs on things like this. Especially when your talking about the SS model. If you dropped the 6.2 powertrain and driveline into a Malibu. Then added in the vastly upgraded suspension and braking system with a whole host of other performance parts. You would be looking at a 40k + Malibu. While some of these items would be nice. Look at what we did get. Ambient lighting, HUD on 2011 and up. Believe it or not paddle shifters even though not fabulous are not too common on a sub 30k car., Believe it or not but our stereo head unit is VASTLY superior to many other GM models without NAV. Our 2010 Traverse head unit sucks in comparison and so did the one in my CTS. My wife loves mine much more than hers. Our DIC is also a massive upgrade over many other GM cars. Another example is our Traverse. It's harder to use on the head unit and is much smaller in size.

I bought a 1SS and feel i got a great value for the price i paid. I upgraded a few items myself but overall nobody else offered this performance and styling for this price. Wait... Nobody else does still

i dont buy this at all.

if they were trying to keep on par with the mustang, they would of included a screen with nav, which you can get on the mustang. I priced a V6 premium with nav, leather and power passenger seat and other options that my camaro has and it came out to about the same price i paid for mine.

ambient lighting is cool, but thats extremely cheap to do. I had tap shifters on my 1999 passat and they were on the shifter which is a better place than the wheel. While its not common on most cars, (most cars are not sports cars) its not expensive to do either.

saying price is the reason we dont have things imo isnt a great argument as not everyone cares about price and its always better to have something as an option rather than not have it all. Let the people decide if they want to spend extra on a better head unit with nav. Thats exactly what trim levels are for, you pay extra to have extra nicer stuff. If you dont want it, get the stripped down model that has nothing.

all the people that paid for metra kits and new head units with touch screens, that could of been money that went to chevy on a visually and technically better integrated unit. I would of loved to have this as an option as there is no doubt it would of been integrated into the car better and look better than aftermarket dash kits.

i think there are other reasons why the camaro didn't come with many of these things and i believe price is at the bottom of that list.

I think TIME had a major factor in a lot of things missing. you can look at all the stuff they are adding to the newer camaros as confirmation.
no hud on 2010
no power passenger seat
no leather on the dash
and other stuff i dont care to list
its not that those items suddenly became cheaper to produce, they just had more time to implement them and a lot of feedback on what people want.

here is a pic of the mustang interior with nav
Attached Images

expect nothing, but take everything
liquidsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 10:55 PM   #32
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam The Plumber View Post
i think the impala is done. arent they coming out with the caprice to replace it.
No. EpII Impala is coming in 2013ish for the 2014 MY.
Old 09-23-2011, 09:59 AM   #33
liquidsmoke
Two Miles An Hour

Drives: SIM 2LT RS
i hope its a complete redesign inside and out. The current impala should be ashamed to wear the badge.

expect nothing, but take everything
liquidsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 09:36 PM   #34
Wesman

Drives: Trans Am
Victory.

Here is the piece of trash Camry interior that the Malibu is up against:

Another view of the Malibu:

You would have to be a complete asshole to buy a pile of garbage Camry over the new Malibu. Simple as that.
Wesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 10:14 PM   #35
IBM

Drives: '11 2LT/RS IBM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndgenz28 View Post
[Love those red button sealt belt, got those in my 86.]
Show me one car that doesn't have these..
Old 09-23-2011, 10:49 PM   #36
MikeGstayUp

Drives: 2013 SS in the future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
Victory.

Here is the piece of trash Camry interior that the Malibu is up against:

Another view of the Malibu:

You would have to be a complete asshole to buy a pile of garbage Camry over the new Malibu. Simple as that.
actually the camry was redesigned as well. here is their interior:
Old 09-23-2011, 10:57 PM   #37
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeGstayUp View Post
Still with insert-here switchgear, cheap-looking and ill-fitting plastic blanks where buttons on higher-trim levels should go, and that stupid upwards curve at the passenger HVAC vent.

Not to mention the fact that the new Camry looks like not much more than a Corolla XL.
Old 09-24-2011, 07:16 PM   #38
Hopper
Chevy Lifer

Drives: '13 Caddy ATS, '10 2SS/RS ABM M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeGstayUp View Post
With that interior , Malibu will conquest Camry customers.

Much tougher hill to climb, but Malibu looks like a contender in the segment. Who knows? With uninspired redesigns to Accord and Camry, looks like the door is open to take major share in mid-size like Cruze did in compact sedan. Really like the Sonata though and think they will continue to gain share as well.
Old 09-28-2011, 09:55 PM   #39
mike25

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
id drive it...chevy is starting to come along with there interiors..check out the cruze if you think this is impressive...the cruze is a small entry class econo car..
2LT/RS M6 CGM VIN#53104 SOLD

2012 Black 2SS/RS w/ Hurst-

Mods:
Corsa catback, SSE, Vararam
mike25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 10:18 PM   #40
Wesman

Drives: Trans Am
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike25 View Post
id drive it...chevy is starting to come along with there interiors..check out the cruze if you think this is impressive...the cruze is a small entry class econo car..
The Cruze is very impressive, especially considering its price point.

Unfortunately, many American car buyers have been lured into Hyundai/Kia dealerships in which they end up buying a piece of trash Elantra/Sonata/Rio/Spectra/ect. because they believe the bullshit they see in the car commercials and dealership radio ads.

By the time maintream comsumers realize that supporting their own economy is the only way to save this country, it will be too late.
Wesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 11:40 AM   #41
2ndgenz28
Thread Killer

Drives: All Black
Send a message via ICQ to 2ndgenz28 Send a message via AIM to 2ndgenz28 Send a message via Yahoo to 2ndgenz28
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBM View Post
Show me one car that doesn't have these..
Ya can't cause since the mid 80s GM has been cheap about it.

Though my 86 only has 3 of them though, my drivers seat buckle is still factory original with the blue sticker GM buckle.

As the law states no parts of a seat belt can wear out, and GM had to put new belts in all cars with those red/blue sticker buckles as with use the color wore off the sticker, which is illegal, no part of a seat belt can wear, even the button sticker.

And since it was a "safety" recall, it didn't matter how old or how many owners it traded hands, GM had and still has to replace them.

So they defaulted to those ugly red button buckles as they don't wear but could of come up with a better design by now.
2ndgenz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 11:43 AM   #42
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Not really feeling it ,but I always reserve judgement until I see a car in the flesh. I still like what Buick it doing more with this type of car.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote