Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 07-07-2012, 05:48 AM   #29
skoal bandit

Drives: 2012 ZL1 1991 Syclone 2011 Silverad
I was having the same troubles with them.

The first women I talked to at xm was very helpful and had no problem refunding my remaining time from my 2010 Camaro,but the tool she transfered me too wasn't and gave me the old you get 3 months runaround.

Now after calls from me,then my dealer,then me again they admit that I do indeed get 12 months free,though it hasn't shown up on my acct. last time i checked.

The dealer has said if xm doesn't come thru they will make it good and they gave me 6 more months(1yr total now) of free onstar for my trouble.

So keep trying till you find the one xm customer rep that knows what they're doing
Old 07-07-2012, 11:04 AM   #30
E.T.

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
Man oh man, don't get me started on Sirius. I went around and around with them on this. When I bought my 2012, it was on the window sticker (12 months) and it's on Chevy.com. The lower trim levels get 3 months, but the 2LT and 2SS get 12 months. My saleman had to call a manager at Sirius to get me set up. This was in Feb. So guess what shows up on my credit card 3 months later? A charge from SiriusXM. They were still saying it was only a 3 month trial.

After filing a BBB complaint, it is all sorted out, but this was SUCH a headache. Once the trial runs out, I will never, ever pay for their service again. Whatever you do, DON'T EVER GIVE THEM YOUR CREDIT CARD NUMBER.

If I were you, I'd go to the BBB of New York and file a complaint:

http://newyork.bbb.org/

It worked for me. Every single person I talked to from XM customer service was argumentative, and a total moron.

E.T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 11:50 AM   #31
carguyusa

Drives: '71 Buick GSX- '12 2LT/RS-Silverado
I had the same problem. The dealership called XM/Sirrus and my particular problem was the person or persons at the GM cooperate office who was responsible for turning in customer info to XM was lagging behind. A few calls to both GM and XM by the VP at my dealership solved it in a few days. They have had this problem several times with the 1 year subscriptions. I never listen to XM but a deal is a deal. Your dealer will make it right with you.
carguyusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 06:16 AM   #32
DangerZL1

Drives: 2023 Black ZL1 Auto
This thread needs to be moves to the warranty issues section or it won't get any visibility as a problem. Im having the same battle with XM on my ZL1.
DangerZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 12:09 AM   #33
EvilBoost
Evil

Drives: 2012 Chevrolet Camaro SS
oh man i messed up.... I got a 12 SS and i was wondering why i didnt have channels 100-104 so i called it in they said i only had a 3 month trial and after they'd charge me 219 a year.... gotta call back and complain now...

Taking Performance Technology to a New Level
EvilBoost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 09:54 AM   #34
SirZeusor

Drives: 2012 Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroWinz View Post
I had a sales guy tell me that "GM changed it to three months", in spite of the fact that ALL the literature says 12.
same
SirZeusor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 11:14 AM   #35
E.T.

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirZeusor View Post
same
They may have changed it, but it says 12 on their website and on the window sticker. Legally, I think they are bound to that.

E.T. is offline   Reply With Quote