Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 10-14-2009, 06:14 AM   #1
sgm10gt

Drives: 2010 Challenger R/T
Must be bad to be a camaro owner...

Wait wait wait! Before you get angry, this topic was made in jest! What I really mean is, you guys seem to be fighting a battle on both fronts. On one side, you have the mustang crowd and on the other, you have the challenger crowd.

Props for keeping it civil and debating rationally and not letting it turn into a flame fest over here at camaro5.

The new camaro has sold well and im interested in seeing what the future holds for this revised line of autos. Myself, when the camaro first came out, I wanted one. They just looked awesome. But as time went on, and the 2010 mustang came out, it really started to catch my eye, and thus, I went in that direction.

I have been intrigued that the mustang has done so well when pitted against the camaro, and the next few years is going to be some good "one upping". If the camaro gets revamped suspension and the mustang gets a bigger motor, looks like there is going to be some serious competition, and that seems like it is going to be fun.

I would like to see the mustang come out with something in the 6.0 ltr supercharged engine, and I would like to see the camaro come out with a 6.2 ltr supercharged as well, and shed some weight and then get a reworked suspension...that would make for some interesting races.

Anyway, I just wanted to come by and say "keep up the good work" and have a friendly discussion on what could be a great rivalry in the near future.
sgm10gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 07:22 AM   #2
ljustin293

Drives: 2010 VR CAMARO 2SS/RS
ljustin293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 08:05 AM   #3
mjf6866

Drives: 09 Challenger R/T 6-speed 3.92 rear
Location: sitting on an angry chair with angry walls that steal the air
thats what makes this place so cool...everyone can get along.....to a degree i guess.
-HopNot total package
-275/50-17 M&H drag radials on mustang cobra r's for track days
future mods:
-hurst shifter
-exhaust
-custom tune
-driver mod
mjf6866 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 02:17 PM   #4
DropTheGloves
Account Suspended

Drives: 2009 TT 335/2009 GSX-R 1000/ECT..
Hahaha, guess you have not been here very long. I have been given warnings, and have been banned for innocent comments. One warning was for calling someone a idiot or moron, due to the fact they were starting crap. Can't remember the 2nd warning. The reason I was banned was because a member here "bought" a zr1, and I said it was stupid for a person to pay 110k for a car that can be had for so much less if you want the same performance. It was an opinion, so if someone takes offense to that it's sad. Thats my lil piece on here. About the civilality here, I have seen way too many bad mouth fords. Of course its a chevy community, but if a car can simply beat yours stock for stock, give it props and move on. No need to bash it. Mind you mods and admins joined in to bash. However, when I stood up for the other cars I got threatened by being banned. Don't know how well this place will treat you dude, but good luck. I am at the point where I can care less if I am banned from here or not. If I am banned after this post, then be it, but it will show what kind of community is being ran here.
DropTheGloves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 02:22 PM   #5
KoTToN

Drives: 2005 SilveradoSS AWD
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgm10gt View Post
Wait wait wait! Before you get angry, this topic was made in jest! What I really mean is, you guys seem to be fighting a battle on both fronts. On one side, you have the mustang crowd and on the other, you have the challenger crowd.

Props for keeping it civil and debating rationally and not letting it turn into a flame fest over here at camaro5.

The new camaro has sold well and im interested in seeing what the future holds for this revised line of autos. Myself, when the camaro first came out, I wanted one. They just looked awesome. But as time went on, and the 2010 mustang came out, it really started to catch my eye, and thus, I went in that direction.

I have been intrigued that the mustang has done so well when pitted against the camaro, and the next few years is going to be some good "one upping". If the camaro gets revamped suspension and the mustang gets a bigger motor, looks like there is going to be some serious competition, and that seems like it is going to be fun.

I would like to see the mustang come out with something in the 6.0 ltr supercharged engine, and I would like to see the camaro come out with a 6.2 ltr supercharged as well, and shed some weight and then get a reworked suspension...that would make for some interesting races.

Anyway, I just wanted to come by and say "keep up the good work" and have a friendly discussion on what could be a great rivalry in the near future.
Holy good 1st post batman! Welcome to the site.

Quote:
Hahaha, guess you have not been here very long. I have been given warnings, and have been banned for innocent comments. One warning was for calling someone a idiot or moron, due to the fact they were starting crap. Can't remember the 2nd warning. The reason I was banned was because a member here "bought" a zr1, and I said it was stupid for a person to pay 110k for a car that can be had for so much less if you want the same performance. It was an opinion, so if someone takes offense to that it's sad. Thats my lil piece on here. About the civilality here, I have seen way too many bad mouth fords. Of course its a chevy community, but if a car can simply beat yours stock for stock, give it props and move on. No need to bash it. Mind you mods and admins joined in to bash. However, when I stood up for the other cars I got threatened by being banned. Don't know how well this place will treat you dude, but good luck. I am at the point where I can care less if I am banned from here or not. If I am banned after this post, then be it, but it will show what kind of community is being ran here.
Holy crappy retarded post batman
Like I said before, there is a dealership that is 4 miles away from my house that has 3 2SS's just sitting on their lot. And this is a very small dealership it's not a high volume dealership in a populated area., Come early summer, when 2011's are coming out, the camaro will be offered for 0%. I guarantee it
Sales Forcasting 101B:
Quote:
Originally Posted by returnofcc View Post
apparently you didn't understand my post correctly. If there are 4 (now 6) camaros sitting at a low volume dealership, just imagine how many are sitting at the high volume dealerships
KoTToN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 02:39 PM   #6
mjf6866

Drives: 09 Challenger R/T 6-speed 3.92 rear
Location: sitting on an angry chair with angry walls that steal the air
so far i've been treated fair by everyone here. i dont go out of my way to try and offend anybody, and no one has done that to me directly. so no complaints here!
-HopNot total package
-275/50-17 M&H drag radials on mustang cobra r's for track days
future mods:
-hurst shifter
-exhaust
-custom tune
-driver mod
mjf6866 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 02:55 PM   #7
BLACK10

Drives: 2010 CAMARO. 10.04@133mph, 1.4 60'
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjf6866 View Post
so far i've been treated fair by everyone here. i dont go out of my way to try and offend anybody, and no one has done that to me directly. so no complaints here!
any pics of the chally
BLACK10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 03:14 PM   #8
sgm10gt

Well, appreciate the kind comments. I like reading posts of people comparing the different makes of cars. Obviously people dont want to think their car can be blown away by another, and thus they defend them.

I've seen some of the ford trash talking here, it doesnt bother me. To each their own. Ive seen the camaro, it's a good looking car, but I prefer the mustang over it, as i do over the challenger. Everyone has their own likes and dislikes. Ive seen reviews that show the camaro over the mustang, ive seen reviews that show the mustang over the camaro. I'd like to think that a mustang could hold its own vs. a camaro, and I think it does, some may differ there. I guess it's all in everyones individual experiences.

I personally dont really race. Ive been to the track a couple times in another car...raced it about 3 times down the strip just to see what I could do and that was fine for me. I may take the stang there also to see what I can do...but other than that, i just drive the car normally...maybe the "punch it" every now and then just to feel the power

However, for those that DO race, The next year or two will prove to be some really competitive years. Once GM and ford release some hard numbers for their upcoming cars, these forums will be abuzz with all kinds of talk, and those will make for some interesting, hopefully civil, discussions.

So, with that said, what do you guys/gals really think will happen with the camaro? I myself would expect suspension tweaks to start with. After reading some threads here, some people have suggested that the V6 version still has some room to improve. With the 2011 mustang V6 coming out with 300+ hp, I would imagine that chevy will let some of that improvement out. I dont, however, see a supercharged version coming out anytime soon, but then, I could be wrong (has happened before ).

As far as the mustang goes, I dont see ford replacing the live axle anytime soon. However, I have heard that the solid rear axle is actually an advantage on the track...any truth to that? The 5.0 seems to be a sure thing in the mustang so that will be something for the ford people to look forward to.

Curious though, does the camaro come with a CAI like the ford? Also, im sure the camaro comes with dual exhaust...what about headers? Maybe that's something GM could possibly look into for the 2011 year...factory long tube headers to come stock on the SS models? If it doesnt come with CAI, that's another thing they could do, along with a performance tune straight from the factory? Dunno, just thinkin here.

Your thoughts?
Old 10-14-2009, 03:23 PM   #9
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by DropTheGloves View Post
After a post filled with attitude like this one.... I think I know why you got warnings and banned. Why would anyone want this kind of attitude in their community?
ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 03:24 PM   #10
tom692010
Account Suspended

Drives: 4 wheels
Quote:
all the mods play god here. Right with you about them bashing with the rest, but when they do it it's ok. Plain and simple power mongers. Haven't been banned yet, but oh me it would be real hard to come back as another poster.
tom692010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 03:59 PM   #11
REEFBLUE93
Account Suspended

Drives: 1993 Rustang
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom692010 View Post
all the mods play god here. Right with you about them bashing with the rest, but when they do it it's ok. Plain and simple power mongers. Haven't been banned yet, but oh me it would be real hard to come back as another poster.

As for not caring about whether you're banned or not, you obviously do if you reregistered

It's a free country tom, you know how it works. If you don't like how the game is played, trot on over to a different playground. I haven't been on here for very long. I've been involved in some fairly heated debates here and on another (Challenger) site. The mods here seem to be a lot more fair about things and wait to see how things will play out, kind of like ref's in a hockey game.
REEFBLUE93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 04:05 PM   #12
gt2serious
Dan Hall / SS-IN-TX

Drives: SW/2SS/RS/11-11-09 It's all mine!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSARME View Post
I'd totally dish out $110,000 for a ZR1. What a deal actually.... They usually sell for $125,000-$148,000 here! Where can I find that one !?
Brown Chevy in Devine, TX (830)665-4435, ask for Chuck Huffman and tell him Dan Hall reffered you!
Old 10-14-2009, 04:06 PM   #13
sgm10gt

Quote:
The mods here seem to be a lot more fair about things and wait to see how things will play out, kind of like ref's in a hockey game.
Yeah, but by the time a ref gets involved in a hockey game, usually someone is already bleeding!
Old 10-14-2009, 04:08 PM   #14
MrIcky

Drives: Dodge Ram Megacab & Cobalt SS
LOL, to the OP hi. To others, it's a PRIVATELY owned board. The person who runs it therefore can set moderator rules as the owner sees fit. Nothing to complain about, there are a bajillion boards out there so find one where your vision fits the vision of the runners of the board.
MrIcky is offline   Reply With Quote