Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 07-14-2009, 02:14 PM   #169
RJT-Maro
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 Supercharged RJT SS!
Send a message via AIM to RJT-Maro
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroScotty View Post
But who was the source on the email? I've seen facts distorted from Gm down the chain of command to dealers...You also have people reading random posts here and being quoted in emails....

Scott, John and Cheryl are the only people I trust to be newsworthy on anything "camaro"... and any direct communications to Tran, of course
Well said!!

Magnuson TVS 2300 Supercharger, ARH 1 7/8 LT Headers with 3" X-Pipe, Borla S-Type Axle-Back, DMH Low Profile Exhaust Cut-Outs, MTI Racing CAI, Stage 2 Camshaft(227/239 .614/.624) with new springs, Katech C5R Z Timing Chain, LS7 Bowtie Damper, MTI Hot Spark Plug Wires, MTI Racing Lowering Springs and Swaybars, Aluminum Oil Catch Can, 160 Degree Thermostat, MTI Tune. 554RWHP 528RWTQ Built By: MTI Racing Dyno Sheet here
Old 07-14-2009, 02:21 PM   #170
Hollywod
Hollywood

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
Quote:
But who was the source on the email? I've seen facts distorted from Gm down the chain of command to dealers...You also have people reading random posts here and being quoted in emails....

Scott, John and Cheryl are the only people I trust to be newsworthy on anything "camaro"... and any direct communications to Tran, of course
Lets wait and see what Fbod says.

I have not had any problems with my trans, but I also have not felt the need to take a brand new car and throw it into launch mode. Nothing wrong with that, just don't like "IMO" abusing my hard earned money.

Black 2010 2SS Ordered 5/16/09
1100-Preliminary order accepted 5/18/09
3000-Order Accepted by Production Control 05/27/09
3300-Order scheduled for production 06/16/09 - TPW 06/29/09
3400-Order broadcast 6/20/09
3800-Order Produced 6/30/09 - VIN # 123221
4200-Shipped 7/2/09
5000-Delivered to the dealer 7/6/09
Old 07-14-2009, 02:22 PM   #171
RJT-Maro
Emerald Coast Camaros

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywod View Post

I have not had any problems with my trans, but I also have not felt the need to take a brand new car and throw it into launch mode. Nothing wrong with that, just don't like "IMO" abusing my hard earned money.

There you go!!
Magnuson TVS 2300 Supercharger, ARH 1 7/8 LT Headers with 3" X-Pipe, Borla S-Type Axle-Back, DMH Low Profile Exhaust Cut-Outs, MTI Racing CAI, Stage 2 Camshaft(227/239 .614/.624) with new springs, Katech C5R Z Timing Chain, LS7 Bowtie Damper, MTI Hot Spark Plug Wires, MTI Racing Lowering Springs and Swaybars, Aluminum Oil Catch Can, 160 Degree Thermostat, MTI Tune. 554RWHP 528RWTQ Built By: MTI Racing Dyno Sheet here
Old 07-14-2009, 02:27 PM   #172
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywod View Post
Thats what I just said....In one of those disappearing posts.....
Old 07-14-2009, 02:28 PM   #173
Nezacant

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Camaro, I love you. Don't worry, they can't come between us!
(Get a room!)
Old 07-14-2009, 02:34 PM   #174
LAWMAN

Drives: 2010 cam.2ss/rs.iom,07'escalade esv
i too,after reading this on this site, went to global,(i work at g.m. dealership)and i did not see anything related to a problem with the trans.
Old 07-14-2009, 02:34 PM   #175
ssrsheaven

Drives: 92 firebird,2010 camaro
I have been waiting very patiantly on my maro.Was suppost to go to assembly this week 7-13-09.A little more time shouldnt hurt.[NOT]I WANT MY MARO AND I WANT IT NOW!!!!
Old 07-14-2009, 02:37 PM   #176
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by shroomjohn View Post
I wonder if that means if a dealer has lets say 2 allocations 1 manual 1 Auto manual ordered first would that be bumped or just put on hold in same order????
Only the M6 car would be delayed the Auto would be shipped as normal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UCF w00t View Post
I'm fairly certain that there's more than just "a small amount" that are affected. The fact of the matter is that noone knows yet how small or large the affected number is. If GM knew that it was a limited issue that they've already fixed, they wouldn't be halting production and holding cars in QC. I am confident that we will know MUCH more very soon.

GM was off last week. Now that they're all back on the job, they are studying the issue closely and doing a full triage of the situation. Being that my car was built after the ones who have failed (mid 16000s) but still shipped before they decided to put a hold, I am particularly concerned. I hadn't planned on doing any hard launches anytime soon so it's not a big deal right now but hopefully they understand the full picture soon. I will definitely be going a bit easier on it until we know more. There would be nothing more embarrassing than sitting by the side of the road in a brand new, bright orange Camaro waiting for a tow truck. I would MUCH rather drive it to the dealership to have the transmission replaced on my schedule! IF that's what needs to happen. But like I said, noone knows yet and I'm confident that once GM knows, they'll pass it on to us. That's all we can ask for!
You are fairly certain that this is your opinion right?

And production hasn't stopped. There is a difference between Halted production and continuing production followed by QC inspections and repairs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJT-Maro View Post
so what happens with us 7/13 TPWS with SS M6???

Do we still get built or not??
Every car will continue to be built, then proceed to QC if it is a V8 M6 and then if found to have a faulty tranny it will be repaired and eventually shipped.

Quote:
Alright everybody I just got a call from my dealer!!!

What he told me came from a GM employee who called the plant in Oshawa

and he said the only problem is with the short throw shifter!!!

Nothing is wrong with the regular Manual shifter!!!

So I hope Mods read this!!

He wasnt lying it came straight from the plant!!!!!

So there is no problem with the M6!!

The only constraint there is, is on the Short Throw Shifter!!

Quote:
Well all I know is there Is nothing wrong with the regular M6 in the SS a GM tech at my dealer called the plant himself and they said nothing was wrong with it!!
Quote:
My dealer didnt tell me this a GM tech told me and he called the plant himself and they said nothing is wrong with it!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffrcobra_65 View Post

RJT, you are referring to an OLD issue. the Hurst short throw shifter has been on constraints for a long while and you can't even order them anymore.

The new issue is with the transmission's output shaft breaking off. The shifter is not the same as the output shaft. The shiftter is at the top of the tranny, you shift gears with it. The output shaft transfers the power to the driveshaft>diffrential>axles>wheels. When the shaft breaks, your engine still runs, your tranny still shifts, but the car ain't moving!

Have you not read GM's official statement in the HomePage?
Just because someone at the plant says something, it doesn't mean it is EVERYTHING he knows.
Agreed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by attymf View Post
I did not order the short throw shifter to thats not the issue
Correct

Quote:
Originally Posted by towmoe View Post
Sorry, Fbod, my car has been in QC since 6/25. That is much more than a day or two.
Off topic, there are plenty of other threads to discuss the R6P process/problems

Quote:
So after it gets built we go to QC?? is that correct??
Yes sir.

Stay on topic please. You don't have to like the cause of this round of QC and you can blame GM if you'd like.

The bottom line is every post in this thread will be respectful in it's criticism and its praise of GM and other C5 members.

If your standards are so high that you can't fathom a mistake of this magnitude by a company as large as GM then you will most likely continue to be frustrated. Please don't expect the rest of us to share in your frustration.

Thanks everyone!

Old 07-14-2009, 02:39 PM   #177
matt787

Drives: 2LT RS M6 CGM IO interior!
Quote:
Originally Posted by okie2 View Post
I had the tranny replaced in my 2007 Camry with less than 1500 miles on it. Go read the Toyota forum about all the V6 tranny problems when it came out. Many folks had their tranny replaced in this model.

This is not unique to GM. When you rely on third party vendors, things just happen.
and the Acura 99-03 TL-S MANY trans (manumatic) issues and breakdowns
2000 = Accepted By GM: 8/4/09
3000 = Accepted By Production Control: 8/5/2009
3300 = Scheduled For Production: 8/21/09, TPW 8/31
3400 = Broadcast: 8/27/09
3800 = Produced:
9/3/09
6000 = Delivered to Customer 9/21/09
Old 07-14-2009, 02:45 PM   #178
RJT-Maro
Emerald Coast Camaros

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post

Every car will continue to be built, then proceed to QC if it is a V8 M6 and then if found to have a faulty tranny it will be repaired and eventually shipped.

So If it has a good tranny its free to go??
Old 07-14-2009, 02:45 PM   #179
hotbuggies

Drives: 1967 Camaro/1969 chevy C-20
release hold!

I just found out this morning that my SS was put on hold till the the first or second week of Aug. Great!!!! Just in time for Winter.
Old 07-14-2009, 02:48 PM   #180
RJT-Maro
Emerald Coast Camaros

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotbuggies View Post
I just found out this morning that my SS was put on hold till the the first or second week of Aug. Great!!!! Just in time for Winter.
and who told you this??
Old 07-14-2009, 02:48 PM   #181
Badger

Drives: 2010 ABM SS #14 of 2,027
....well, look at the bright side..maybe if the transmission needs to be replaced GM will throw in the Hurst short throw shifter...

-- Constitutional scholar and Supreme Court Justice Joseph Story, 1840
Old 07-14-2009, 02:49 PM   #182
13F20

Drives: Soon to be 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
Some thoughts:

Go to a drag-strip and watch some people in their cars--

I saw a guy do a burnout (by accident I'd hope...) in REVERSE!

Launch control can maximize times in many cases.

HOWEVER -- you CAN turn the launch control off.....and when you do, some will hit the rev limiter and then just "dump" the clutch.....

......and THEN there are the 'burn-out' contests....(esp. from those who don't know what they're doing...)

.........and then there are the performance mods that have been done --

........so all I'm saying is this: Don't dump the clutch -- it's not a good thing to do no matter what you drive.......
great point to all Scott. Any car that gets driven hard all the time will go bust.

Closed Thread