Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 08-09-2011, 12:01 PM   #99
Shu71

Drives: 2011 Camaro RS M6
Again the manual transmission cars do this just like the automatic cars. I don't think it is a transmission issue but rather a tune issue or poorly designed exhaust issue which is allowing reversion to occur. If the later is the case, it may explain why GM redesigned the 2012 v6 heads to incorporate the exhaust manifolds. If it is a specific load, rpm, timing curve, afr curve, map position stumble, then GM needs to recall and preprogram the cars tune. This is why I asked if anyone with a Trifecta tune had the issue or if anyone with long tube headers has the issue. If either of those tuned it out, it's a TUNE issue not a transmission one.
Old 08-09-2011, 12:41 PM   #100
Papa T

Drives: 2011 2LT RJT, 6A, 19" polished
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shu71 View Post
Again the manual transmission cars do this just like the automatic cars. I don't think it is a transmission issue but rather a tune issue or poorly designed exhaust issue which is allowing reversion to occur. If the later is the case, it may explain why GM redesigned the 2012 v6 heads to incorporate the exhaust manifolds. If it is a specific load, rpm, timing curve, afr curve, map position stumble, then GM needs to recall and preprogram the cars tune. This is why I asked if anyone with a Trifecta tune had the issue or if anyone with long tube headers has the issue. If either of those tuned it out, it's a TUNE issue not a transmission one.
OK thanks for the clarification. I now understand what you are saying after reading further up the thread. Thanks.
Old 08-09-2011, 12:47 PM   #101
Shu71

Can a mod combine V6 vibration threads?

Can a mod please combine all the V6 vibration threads. There have to be a dozen or so of them. All the same complaint, automatics getting into Sixth gear at 40 mph and causing vibration or manual trans in third gear cruising steady speed at 30 mph and having the same vibration. Then STICKY the combined thread and call it V6 Vibration Issue. ONce it is done, maybe we can point Jeff from GM to it so he can print the whole thing out and get GM to figure out what the heck is wrong and get us a fix.
Old 08-09-2011, 12:50 PM   #102
Papa T

OK input from another thread:
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=161698
states this may be a 6A and a 6M issue.

Take a look at is for more info.
Old 08-09-2011, 12:51 PM   #103
Shu71

No problem. Ever noticed that when in neutral and you try to hold the engine rpms steady at 1200 to 1400 rpms, it vibrates the same way? That is because it is exactly like 6th gear at those low rpms and with little load on the engine. I really think this is a tune issue or possibly a reversion issue because of the exhaust manifold design.
Old 08-09-2011, 01:03 PM   #104
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
you might have more luck PM'ing one of the mods about this issue versus creating a thread. Not trying to bash, just trying to help
Old 08-09-2011, 01:04 PM   #105
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
I"M ON IT!!!

Please post a link to all the threads and I'll merge 'em

stiger... psh....
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 01:16 PM   #106
Papa T

Quote:
No problem. Ever noticed that when in neutral and you try to hold the engine rpms steady at 1200 to 1400 rpms, it vibrates the same way? That is because it is exactly like 6th gear at those low rpms and with little load on the engine. I really think this is a tune issue or possibly a reversion issue because of the exhaust manifold design.
The vibration is not too bad on my car. Noticeable but not bad. But I will try what you suggest. Thanks.
Old 08-09-2011, 01:53 PM   #107
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
Can a mod please combine all the V6 vibration threads. There have to be a dozen or so of them. All the same complaint, automatics getting into Sixth gear at 40 mph and causing vibration or manual trans in third gear cruising steady speed at 30 mph and having the same vibration. Then STICKY the combined thread and call it V6 Vibration Issue. ONce it is done, maybe we can point Jeff from GM to it so he can print the whole thing out and get GM to figure out what the heck is wrong and get us a fix.
Let me know if I missed any.
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 02:11 PM   #108
Shu71

Thanks GTAHVIT. I'll look through all my subs and see if you got all the ones I've been posting on.
Old 08-09-2011, 02:26 PM   #109
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
So Jeff, what are you hearing at GM as the reason for this in both automatic and manual transmission v6's?
I honestly haven't seen much of anything coming through on this issue at all. I'll keep working to see if I can get any kind of information to help you guys out.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 07:52 PM   #110
NicketT

Drives: 2011 Chevrolet Camaro
Well Jeff, from what I have seen... you are all talk and no action... just like GM!!!!!!!!!
NicketT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 06:43 PM   #111
kjvdz

Drives: 2011 camaro
2011 camaro vibratition @ 1100 rpm

hello, own a 2011 v6 automatic camaro, actually bought the car for my daughter, at 1100 rpm she has the same vibration that I have been reading about. I am NOT a big user of the internet like this but I think I should say something about the problem that she has been experiencing just like you, even my daughter when the car was new felt the vibration just thinking it was the roadway till I drove the car and noticed a vibration that shouldnt be there and mentioning the vibration to her and she said she felt the same. The vehicle has been in the shop 3 tiimes for the problem, the first time it came back as can not replicate the problem [bull] The 2nd time, along with all of the problem getting the car to the dealership, they did notice a definite vibration in the car @ 1100 rpm and in any gear as long as the tach was at 1100 rpm. They decided they would keep the camaro and fix it this time, the dealership installed a new torque convertor after checking all of the suspension and finding nothing wrong, didnt fix a thing. Took the car back for a third time to try again, this time kept the car for a few days believe it or not, actually readjusting the MOTOR MOUNTS [what!] Was told by the dealership that there was nothing they could do and that the vibration was normal and she would just have to live with it. OH NO IT AINT NORMAL! When you spend $35,000.00 dollars on a car it should not vibrate! Oh I forgot to mention that when the car was delivered the a/c did not work, chevy put a new compressor on it breaking the integrity of a factory sealed a/c system. I am not to sure about this car, GM is having a conference call with the dealership monday deciding what they are going to do about the situation. I know what they better say!
kjvdz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 07:53 PM   #112
Siper
Hey! I am using WhatsApp.

Drives: 1LT RS 2011
I’m not sure if this is only happen to my car but my brother is a bit more sensitive to vibration and complains about it when he sits next to me. When he drove my car, he told me that the vibration is less on the driver side.

I toke the car to the dealer and I asked him to check the exhausted on the passenger side, he told me nothing wrong with it and he double check with GM and there is no issue reported about it.

So, I decided to install SLP loudmouth II hoping it will fix the problem (note that the dealer changed the ECM one day before installing loudmouth ii). The vibration is now worse than before . The vibration is more noticeable on the passenger side compare to the driver side.
I did not install headers since I’m worry it will make it even worse.

Currently while driving at 45 MPH, it vibrates on the M6. It’s also vibrating on M5 but less than the M6. No vibration on M4.
As I said before, it could be only my car having this problem.

Information about my car:
-2011 1LT V6 automatic with 19,000mile
-SLP loudmouth II
-K&N 69-4520TP Intake Kit
-Floor-doors-trunk covered by Dynamat 10455 Xtreme
Siper is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
vibration v6 low rpm lugging