Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 08-12-2013, 12:46 PM   #1
Robdollar77

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS
Streaks underneath 2013 rearview mirror

Its been a while since I have been able to drive my 2013 SS but during cleaning the interior with a damp towel with just just plain water, I notice there was streaking underneath the rearview mirror glass. Has anyone ever had this problem? Its definitely not on the outer surface. I don't use any cleaners / armor inside the car and it stays in the garage most of the time and is rarely parked outdoors in the sun. Heres a picture but its hard to get the streaks in the photo. I've tried a search but I couldnt come up with anything.
Attached Images

Robdollar77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 11:13 AM   #2
chipknr

Drives: 2016 Black Camaro 2SS
Rear view mirror

My car is at the dealer now for a similar issue. There is a round blemish that seems to be growing in size in the middle of the mirror. The dealer called and said the new mirror was in so I dropped it of yesterday to be fixed. At 4 pm, I get a call that the mirror wasn't actually in and would be sent out on the 25 of Nov due to the defect being a common accurance.
chipknr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 05:21 PM   #3
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robdollar77 View Post
Its been a while since I have been able to drive my 2013 SS but during cleaning the interior with a damp towel with just just plain water, I notice there was streaking underneath the rearview mirror glass. Has anyone ever had this problem? Its definitely not on the outer surface. I don't use any cleaners / armor inside the car and it stays in the garage most of the time and is rarely parked outdoors in the sun. Heres a picture but its hard to get the streaks in the photo. I've tried a search but I couldn't come up with anything.
Sincere apologies to hear about the streaks on your rearview mirror. I understand you're seeking community opinions and responses here. If you'd like an official diagnosis, feel free to message us privately and we'll exhaust our options to help resolve your concerns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipknr View Post
My car is at the dealer now for a similar issue. There is a round blemish that seems to be growing in size in the middle of the mirror. The dealer called and said the new mirror was in so I dropped it of yesterday to be fixed. At 4 pm, I get a call that the mirror wasn't actually in and would be sent out on the 25 of Nov due to the defect being a common accurance.
Apologies to you as well for having similar concerns. Please keep us updated on your dealer visit and let us know if additional assistance is needed.

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 10:31 AM   #4
MATTESONDM

Drives: 2004 Dodge Ram SRT-10
This is the same thing I noticed on my mirror. I will have to contact my dealership and see if its covered under warranty.
MATTESONDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 11:30 AM   #5
LT1Zob

Drives: 23 LT1 / 19 Z06 / after 6 5th gens
Thanks OP. Until I found this thread, I thought I was the only one. i have many small blemishes that developed this year. I'm getting ready to put the car away, so I'll take it in next spring.
LT1Zob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 05:53 PM   #6
lawdog

Drives: 2010 SSII w RS & Sunroof Yellow
I guess this is a case of Older is better, seems like the problem is in the newer models.
lawdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 07:55 AM   #7
Kleeeb

Drives: 2014 Red Hot 1LT/RS
Send a message via MSN to Kleeeb Send a message via Skype™ to Kleeeb
I have a small white dot on the bottom of my mirror, too. It isn't large enough or in the way for me to do anything about it, but it is there, if that's any consolation. Definitely doesn't come off with cleaner...