Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-01-2009, 08:40 PM   #1
VegasSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS IOM/IOM
GM Bulletin HVAC system reprogram caused window problem

Probably the wrong place to post this but I am looking for as much exposure as possible and hoping someone from GM might see this and respond with some advice. My dealer has no clue. Also posted under issues and problems thread

Took my car into the dealer today to actually have the truck latch replaced due to intermittent problem of it not popping up when it is released. Dealer said there was a bulletin to replace the trunk catch.

While there they performed the HVAC reprogram. Not sure how the HVAC and window indexing are connected but now my drivers side window indexes down about 2.5-3" instead of just about 1" to clear the weather stripping. It was working fine and indexing 1" prior to this reprogram. Passenger side still only indexes about 1" It goes back up when you shut the door. So it is still working but the HVAC program screwed something up.

Dealer said that they did not do anything to the drivers door or window. They just downloaded the program GM provided. They are going to do some research on the reprogram but for now there is no fix because they don't know what the problem is.

Anyone else have a similar situation?
VegasSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 08:49 PM   #2
POWERFREAK
I.AM.

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS/A6 cammed-n-whippled
weird.

you can try resetting the window indexing...there's a page on it in your owners manual...it's easy, worth a shot.
Old 10-01-2009, 08:57 PM   #3
fireresq157

Drives: 1997 SS & 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by POWERFREAK View Post
weird.

you can try resetting the window indexing...there's a page on it in your owners manual...it's easy, worth a shot.
fireresq157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 08:59 PM   #4
Jferrell88

Drives: black 2ss/rs
I think the window indexing has to be reset, i had to do this to both my windows when they did the battery recall fix, one was messed up kinda like yours the other was ok but i reset both. i think this might be your issue i'm not for sure , but they should have know this at the dealer if it was the problem indeed
Old 10-01-2009, 09:04 PM   #5
SSOOCH
Camaro SL,UTs

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS #16429
Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasSS View Post
Probably the wrong place to post this but I am looking for as much exposure as possible and hoping someone from GM might see this and respond with some advice. My dealer has no clue. Also posted under issues and problems thread

Took my car into the dealer today to actually have the truck latch replaced due to intermittent problem of it not popping up when it is released. Dealer said there was a bulletin to replace the trunk catch.

While there they performed the HVAC reprogram. Not sure how the HVAC and window indexing are connected but now my drivers side window indexes down about 2.5-3" instead of just about 1" to clear the weather stripping. It was working fine and indexing 1" prior to this reprogram. Passenger side still only indexes about 1" It goes back up when you shut the door. So it is still working but the HVAC program screwed something up.

Dealer said that they did not do anything to the drivers door or window. They just downloaded the program GM provided. They are going to do some research on the reprogram but for now there is no fix because they don't know what the problem is.

Anyone else have a similar situation?
Come on, you're lying about all this...GM got it right with this one!!! Everybody's saying it.
Old 10-01-2009, 11:29 PM   #6
v6sonoma

Drives: 2010 SS RS
Put the windows all the way down then up that should reset them.

Mods: BBK Intake, BBK LT's and High Flow Cats, Corsa Cat-back exhaust, Hurst short throw shifter, SLP skip-shift eliminator.

7/1/09 Placed order for IOM/IO int/ SS/RS 6M
9/26/09 Took delivery!
v6sonoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 11:33 PM   #7
Andro
NOICE!!! ™

Drives: Force Fed 427
Yup! Like everyone else said try and reset the window indexing feature and see what happens hopefully that will fix the problem. Keep us updated
Old 10-01-2009, 11:50 PM   #8
VegasSS

Already tried resetting the windows per the manual long before I posted here. Amy other ideas?
Old 10-01-2009, 11:52 PM   #9
joerod97
Chevy Man

Drives: 2010 2ss -black/black
new car??
joerod97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 12:16 AM   #10
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Interesting, my windows started out indexing about 3/4 of an inch when I first got my car. I never really paid much attention to it but one day I noticed they were going down twice as far. I just figured it adjusted for whatever reason. I unplugged my battery over night to try to reset the commputer before Scott called to tell me to try a fuse pull, that started a movement lol, and when I rebooked the battery and reset the indexing I went back to original. Where it's been ever since. Roll each window down all the way keeping the switch pushed down for ten seconds after it hits bottom, and them do the same back up. If it doesn't work then who knows.
Old 10-02-2009, 08:05 AM   #11
VegasSS

Thanks, I try disconnecting the battery and see if that fixes it.
Old 10-02-2009, 08:19 AM   #12
SaintTimothy

Drives: 2010 Camaro
I apologize in advance for my ignorance - your window indexing moves the windows down 3/4 - 1"?? I have never had window indexing before, so I presumed that it was just a small movement - 1/8" or so - that you wouldn't even notice. And I have never seen mine move. This is supposed to happen every time you open the door?

Ordered 10/18/08
Delivered - 6/19/09
SaintTimothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 08:40 AM   #13
jrboyd_1980
A ***'s Headache

Drives: Everything
If you disconnect the battery you will need to reset index anyways.
jrboyd_1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 10:30 AM   #14
Brokinarrow

Drives: 2012 Honda NC700x
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintTimothy View Post
I apologize in advance for my ignorance - your window indexing moves the windows down 3/4 - 1"?? I have never had window indexing before, so I presumed that it was just a small movement - 1/8" or so - that you wouldn't even notice. And I have never seen mine move. This is supposed to happen every time you open the door?
It is a noticeable movement, but still a small movement. Just watch your window when you open and close the door, you'll notice it if you look for it.