Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 06-09-2012, 05:06 PM   #1
Chrome Camaro

Drives: LTRS
LED strip on headlight

I am trying to get an LED strip I stuck to the headlight to power when the car is on. It would be nice to have it on when the nob is tuned to fog lights, as I have an LS and I have no Fog lamps. I managed to power the LEDs through the fuse of the sun roof, but this never powers down. Any suggestions?
Chrome Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 05:30 PM   #2
iKeablr

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro 2011 RS 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrome Camaro View Post
I am trying to get an LED strip I stuck to the headlight to power when the car is on. It would be nice to have it on when the nob is tuned to fog lights, as I have an LS and I have no Fog lamps. I managed to power the LEDs through the fuse of the sun roof, but this never powers down. Any suggestions?
You should try tapping into the side markers in the front to power them on. That way you have them on at night.
Old 06-09-2012, 06:36 PM   #3
Chrome Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by iKeablr View Post
You should try tapping into the side markers in the front to power them on. That way you have them on at night.
I want the LEDs to be powered during the day, even if I did want to do that I do not see a specific fuse for the side markers. I like the Fog fuse because I can turn it on and off, but it doesn't seem to be getting any power to the fuse.
Old 06-09-2012, 09:22 PM   #4
iKeablr

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro 2011 RS 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrome Camaro View Post
I want the LEDs to be powered during the day, even if I did want to do that I do not see a specific fuse for the side markers. I like the Fog fuse because I can turn it on and off, but it doesn't seem to be getting any power to the fuse.
I was actually talking about splicing or t-tapping into the sidemarkers and run the wire forward to act as your positive then ground your negative to a bolt on the body. Aren't you able to turn on your sidemarkers by using the same switch for the fogs? I wouldn't know I have a 1LT w/RS package so mine is a bit different from yours especially since I have DRL's instead of fogs.
Old 06-10-2012, 01:31 PM   #5
Chrome Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by iKeablr View Post
I was actually talking about splicing or t-tapping into the sidemarkers and run the wire forward to act as your positive then ground your negative to a bolt on the body. Aren't you able to turn on your sidemarkers by using the same switch for the fogs? I wouldn't know I have a 1LT w/RS package so mine is a bit different from yours especially since I have DRL's instead of fogs.
So I decided to give it a try. I had two problems, the first is small, when I turn the nob for the fog the side markers do go on, but so do the front amber lights. The second problem was, I could not find the wires to the side markers because they are hidden behind a lot of stuff under the hood. I decided to go ahead and stuck the wire in the fuse of the sunroof and add a rocker switch. The problem with that is that I have to open the hood to turn them on, which I am not going to do. I would think there would be some kind of hole to underneath the steering wheel to stick the wire in, but I could not find one. Any idea?