Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 08-16-2015, 05:33 AM   #1
Curtis Carrier

Drives: 2011 camaro
Help please

I just bought my 2011 camaro 2 weeks ago. I am away on vacation and my power steering pump was making a noise. I pulled over and put power steering fluid in it, but I noticed it was leaking. I am 2 hours from the nearest garage. Can I drive it there. Im not sure what to do. Any advice would be great
Curtis Carrier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 10:58 PM   #2
lawdog

Drives: 2010 SSII w RS & Sunroof Yellow
It depends how much it's leaking, if you think it's leaking a SMALL amount and you want to buy two or three bottles and pull over every half hour to check it, you may be okay. if it runs dry you will cause more damage then the tow will cost you. if you don't know how significant the leak is, I would spend the money and flat bed it. was it empty when you filled it, if so the damage may already be done. if the noise did not go away after you added the fluid, it's likely you need a new pump
More importantly, don't you still have a warranty, if so they should cover the tow to a local Chevy dealer
lawdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 11:04 PM   #3
1KillerSS
Too much is never enough!

Drives: AGP TT SS [COTW] 4/20/15
Send a message via Skype™ to 1KillerSS
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawdog View Post
It depends how much it's leaking, if you think it's leaking a SMALL amount and you want to buy two or three bottles and pull over every half hour to check it, you may be okay. if it runs dry you will cause more damage then the tow will cost you. if you don't know how significant the leak is, I would spend the money and flat bed it. was it empty when you filled it, if so the damage may already be done. if the noise did not go away after you added the fluid, it's likely you need a new pump
More importantly, don't you still have a warranty, if so they should cover the tow to a local Chevy dealer
This, as long as you keep fluid in it your ok. Question is how bad is the leak and if the pump is making noise. If you have the level correct, and your pump is making noise, then I would tow it. If not then just stop every so often so you can keep an eye on the fluid level.
AGP TT kit, 54/57 Forged rotating assembly, Custom grind cam... Dual nozzle meth, ID850's, Livernois dual fuel pumps, ECS BAP, 25% UDP, 3 inch Magnaflow catback with X pipe, Mantic 9000 clutch, DSS 1000hp axles, DSS aluminum driveshaft, ZL1 rear end, solid subframe bushings, HE differential offset bushings, BMR Trailing arm, BMR toe rods, Lingenfelter LNC-2000,SJM Line Lock. 747 whp 714wtq

Build thread
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...55#post8107855
1KillerSS is offline   Reply With Quote