Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-07-2009, 08:46 AM   #1
wrek
2G1FK1EJ6-9

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS Transformer
Wink Things I don't like about my Camaro

This is the first Chevy I have owned. I have been a Ford driver since my first car... though I did have a Firebird TA for a short time in the 80's.

Anyway, here are things I wish we had in the car but obviously didn't stop me from buying my first Chevy!

PAINTED stripes. I can't believe I paid almost $500 for these vinyl things.
XM Delete
On-Star Delete
Keyless start
Locking fuel door (or remote release)
Optional all-season tires lol
Automatic Windshield wipers
Functional ram-air mail-slot would've been sweet
black rim option for the Transformer
HID fogs

Yeah, it's just a wish-list, nothing major but I really would've liked an XM and On-Star delete option.
wrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 08:50 AM   #2
99-LS1-SS
Waiting...

Drives: 2009 G8 GXP M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrek View Post
This is the first Chevy I have owned. I have been a Ford driver since my first car... though I did have a Firebird TA for a short time in the 80's.

Anyway, here are things I wish we had in the car but obviously didn't stop me from buying my first Chevy!

PAINTED stripes. I can't believe I paid almost $500 for these vinyl things. I agree.
XM Delete I love XM
On-Star Delete Meh
Keyless start You get what you pay for.
Locking fuel door (or remote release) If the fuel door is anything like the G8 it locks when you lock the doors and unlocks when you unlock the doors. Maybe other that know will chime in.
Optional all-season tires lol No Comment since I don't live in a cold climate
Automatic Windshield wipers This is a hair nit picky I think.
Functional ram-air mail-slot would've been sweet Yeah I agree
black rim option for the Transformer I agree
HID fogs Meh

Yeah, it's just a wish-list, nothing major but I really would've liked an XM and On-Star delete option.

My two cents...
Suspension Mods: Pedders/Wretched basic drag pack - BMR trailing arms and toe rods
Misc Mods: Jamesbiz Catch can - GRRRR8 Heater hose relo kit
99-LS1-SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 08:50 AM   #3
AnnaBear@SpartaChevy

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1SS Manual Synergy Grn
Send a message via Yahoo to AnnaBear@SpartaChevy
Quote:

XM Delete
On-Star Delete
Keyless start
HID fogs

I'll be there this afternoon to confiscate your car
AnnaBear@SpartaChevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 08:53 AM   #4
Crowley
Okie doke

Drives: 2012 GT500
Quote:

XM Delete
On-Star Delete
Keyless start
HID fogs

Pretty much .. yep on all of the above ... I'd love to see the locking gas cap or gas door, keyless start, and automatic whindshield wipers. The mail slot shouldn't even exist since it is RICE !!

Crowley
Old 10-07-2009, 09:13 AM   #5
Dan3
Captain of the Failboat

Drives: 2010 IBM Camaro 2SS/RS
I'll follow the trend by modding your post.
Quote:
PAINTED stripes. I can't believe I paid almost $500 for these vinyl things. No argument
XM Delete You could have it removed, but why? Just dont pay for it and it goes away
On-Star Delete Why? If you're buying into the I dont want "big-brother" watching you're SoL. There is no such thing as privacy any more.
Keyless start Meh, idc one way or another on that one. Convenient, but the more electronic crap you put in the car, the more there is to break.
Locking fuel door (or remote release) Agree
Optional all-season tires lol Could get a set then sell the Pirellis. Several of us have been smoking ours pretty good.
Automatic Windshield wipers HATE this option. Wipers going when its spitting out. RainX > Wipers in all but really heavy rain.
Functional ram-air mail-slot would've been sweet. Yes and no, the air system would have to be redesigned and most people who buy this car dont care about this. GM has to keep cost down, therefore eliminating options that require redesign.
black rim option for the Transformer Agree
HID fogs Agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowley View Post
Pretty much .. yep on all of the above ... I'd love to see the locking gas cap or gas door, keyless start, and automatic whindshield wipers. The mail slot shouldn't even exist since it is RICE !!

Crowley
I fail to see how a hood scoop is rice, American muscle has been sporting them in various forms for generations. Non-functional is a gimmick, but 90% of the hood scoops on cars nowadays are non-functional. Again, functional hood scoops have inherent potential problems and would require a different intake system design. This would increase the cost of producing the Camaro (probably more than you realize).
Produced - 10 August 2009 : #34143
Delivered - 25 August 2009
Dan3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 09:29 AM   #6
Hicompression
Rumbly Bumble Bee

Drives: 2010 2SS Camaro
Quote:
On-Star Delete
I agree. On-Star is for soccer moms in minivans, not the Camaro.
Old 10-07-2009, 09:29 AM   #7
wrek
2G1FK1EJ6-9

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS Transformer
LOL guys yeah I know it's nit-picky stuff... and I FRIGGIN LOVE THIS CAR so I could care less about most of it, just a "would've been nice" list.

I didn't know about the gas cap door.. I'll check it out.
As for OnStar, I don't care if they know where I am, I just don't like having that crap on my rear-view mirror. I won't use the service either.. but track my car all you want, I don't care. Only an idiot would use his own car to rob a bank, everyone knows you steal the car. lol

I also use the rain-x windshield fluid.. I literally have my wipers off most of the time.
wrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 09:35 AM   #8
prostock69
Female Muscle Car Nut!

Drives: 2010 RS/SS IOM Camaro
I have a couple of minor "things" I wished our Camaro had that my '07 Dodge Charger R/T had: a multi-disc CD player and the door lock mechanism being on the door by the window up/down mechanism instead of under the radio. This drives me crazy because I'm was so used to hitting the door locking button down when I exited the Charger. Now I have to use my key remote to lock the car.

Other than that, it's awesome!

MODS: Borla "S" Type Exhaust, American Racing Headers 3" Longtubes, New Era Cold Air Intake, HP Tune, Custom Ground Camshaft, Professionally Ported Heads by Darin Morgan, Ported Throttle Body, 3000 Stall Converter, and 160 Degree Thermostat.

http://www.rehermorrison.com/; http://www.darinmorgan.com/; http://www.neweraperformance.com/
prostock69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 09:37 AM   #9
Downwithopp

Drives: 2010 Black SS
Agreed on most of it. The XM seems a bit pointless, I've never been a big radio guy anyway, especially with the Ipod thing and CD player.

The automatic windshield wipers and locking fuel door should be there as well.
Downwithopp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 09:42 AM   #10
VenomZ302
Live to Win, Dare to Fail

Drives: 2010 Aqua Blue RS/SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by prostock69 View Post
Now I have to use my key remote to lock the car.
You have to use your remote to lock the car, anyway. It's a feature to prevent locking your keys in the car.

3/13/09 - Ordered Aqua Blue Metallic 2SS/RS M6!
7/13/09 - Built!
8/11/09 - Delivered!

2G1FT1EW2A9124579
VenomZ302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 09:42 AM   #11
topgun1

Drives: 10 SIM 2SS/RS LS3
for me, it's 2 of most peoples' dislikes--the crappy visors/mirrors and the ridiculously large blind spot. A couple others is no ambient light across the dash, no fold-in side mirrors, center door lock/unlock, no aux. jack for digital music--have to use usb port.
VMS Stage 2.5 Comp Cams kit, Cold Air Inductions intake, ADM race scoop, DT 1 3/4" headers, Solo cats, 3" Magnaflow catback, Pypes cutouts, HP tune, H&R SuperSport springs, Eibach sways/spacers, TexasSpeed UD pulley, LSR tensioner pulley, Barton shifter, skip shift eliminator, powder-coated calipers, R1 concept rotors, StopTech pads, Granatelli wires, Lloyds mats, tint, AAC afterburner taillamps, AAC scanner/sidemarkers, SRP pedals, custom engine cover, black bowties, Ridergraphix hood spears....
topgun1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 09:49 AM   #12
traip93

Drives: Ralley Yellow, Black Sripes 2L
Quote:
PAINTED stripes. I can't believe I paid almost $500 for these vinyl things. I agree.
I think the complete opposite.
Old 10-07-2009, 09:52 AM   #13
Dboy23
2G1FB1EV7A9100028

Drives: 2010 Jeep Wrangler Hemi
The key-less start shouldn't be to hard considering some Cadillac's and the Corvette already have it?
Old 10-07-2009, 09:54 AM   #14
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
Quote:
Originally Posted by topgun1 View Post
for me, it's 2 of most peoples' dislikes--the crappy visors/mirrors and the ridiculously large blind spot. A couple others is no ambient light across the dash, no fold-in side mirrors, center door lock/unlock, no aux. jack for digital music--have to use usb port.

Top Gun, there IS an Aux Jack, its just below the USB port, have a look next time you jump in your car.