Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 01-04-2008, 09:02 AM   #85
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
gas cap on the passenger side?
Well - it certainly isn't any reason not to buy the car IMHO...but it is a pain. Stovt, I've got a Cobalt, too. And it really isn't an issue for me, either - except for one thing:

When other people at the gas Station don't have the courtesy to let me pull in the way I need to pull in. Bastards. When you end up front to front with somebody elses car - and all they do is blink their lights at you because they don't have that extra brain cell it takes to realize they can just back out...

Sorry...hee hee. Other than that I have really no issues with it.
Old 01-04-2008, 09:05 AM   #86
Myka
ritired suthern gentlman

Drives: nothing now
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
gas cap on the passenger side?
Well - it certainly isn't any reason not to buy the car IMHO...but it is a pain. Stovt, I've got a Cobalt, too. And it really isn't an issue for me, either - except for one thing:

When other people at the gas Station don't have the courtesy to let me pull in the way I need to pull in. Bastards. When you end up front to front with somebody elses car - and all they do is blink their lights at you because they don't have that extra brain cell it takes to realize they can just back out...

Sorry...hee hee. Other than that I have really no issues with it.
Okay seriously, do people really do that to you? I will drive to New York and slap them across the face for you.
Myka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 09:22 AM   #87
Mr. Wyndham

I've only had it done once. Everybody else has just sat there and waited...with the occation bright person who gets the concept...that I didn't pull in wrong
Old 01-04-2008, 09:59 AM   #88
2001ragtop

Drives: V8 american car
Quote:
Originally Posted by garfin View Post
I'm thinkin' we're looking at one of the V6 cars here......
Elie
I was going to say the same thing.
It has the V6 back bumper and just happens to have 20" rims.

(If you had to "make" a V6 bumper for the Camaro show car, the one showing in this officially released pic is more than enough to differentiate it.)

In fact, I bet the real V8 bumper DOES look exactly Like the Concept (and has backup lights hidden to make it special).

The V6 probably has little dual exhausts (like the last V6 camaros had). I think to be sure the V6 car still looks "cool", it needs the dual pipes in back.

Also, I think GM would Hide special details about the top dog Camaro's front and rear bumper until they are ready for a full reveal.

Of course they don't mind showing this pic. That isn't the money shots of the front and back of a Z28 or SS.

They just want to see how everyone responds online to that.

And if that really is the V6 bumper, that does look very nice. (IF that is the V8 bumper I would accept that design of course, but I just seriously doubt that is the "in your face" top dog look they would release.)

I also think the spoiler is not there to help steer you to understanding that is the V6.
2001ragtop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 10:04 AM   #89
Mr. Wyndham

They're not. It's kinda funny really. That entire post on Fastlane has turned into a fight over the non finished interior...So dumb.

I'm really intriqued that they put the reverse lamps where they did...again - this may be a "punch a couple of hole real quick, we need reverse lights so we can drive it" sort of thing. But they are in a relatively random spot...
Old 01-04-2008, 10:27 AM   #90
Jak

Drives: 03 Dodge Dakota
Tag ya forgot one. How 'bout the hose rubbing on the car. If it's on the drivers side like normal cars , you wouldn't have that problem. But I fully agree with you, I want it on the drivers side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post

Because.

I'm sure it does.

Ok.

Yeah...I hate passenger side gas caps. It's just plain inconvenient. Sure, the passenger side gas cap works. But, if you could open your car door, exit, swipe your card right in front of you, turn left and open you gas cap, turn around grabbing the pump and turning back to put it in...then, you can take a step and sit in your car while it fills up if you wish. You know...sometimes it rains, it cold as heck, you don't feel like standing, etc. and you want to get back in your car...you can just sit down. Having to walk around does take a little more time. And, if you can't get back to the pump in time when the safety thing swithces (but you can still pump two more gallons) you don't get to completely fill your tank. If you are sitting on the side of the pump, you simply open the door, exit and you are standing at the pump. It is a convenience thing here...and I'm sure there are plenty who will agree to that. I'm sure that when you bring something home that has to go in the back seat, you aren't going to walk around to the back passenger side to put it in that seat when you could very easily just put it in the seat right behing you to get out after you get out. There's no point in walking all the way around to get your stuff. It just doesn't make sense....kinda like a passenger side gas cap.

Another reason, I see it as a safety factor. All the doors surrounding the vehicle are locked and the only door unlocked is the one right in front of you while you are pumping. If it's opposite, the only door I have to get into my vehicle is on the other corner of my car. Takes longer for me to get there and is easier for someone to get into if they wished. I could get more into this, but you probably get the point.
Jak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 10:30 AM   #91
Hyperknight
Band.

Drives: 2016 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
They're not. It's kinda funny really. That entire post on Fastlane has turned into a fight over the non finished interior...So dumb.
They're doing the same on Autoblog. People are stupid, lol
Hyperknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 10:51 AM   #92
The_Stache
SoCal Race Team #13

Drives: 2010 1SS:RS:LS3:SW
Im surprised this one hasnt made an appearance here yet.. a higher resolution version of the actual GM pic..

Old 01-04-2008, 11:00 AM   #93
Mr. Wyndham

Woooooooaaaaaaaaaoooooowwwwwwwww.

That is B.E.A. Utiful!
Old 01-04-2008, 11:02 AM   #94
rray200

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by diarmadhi View Post
Im surprised this one hasnt made an appearance here yet.. a higher resolution version of the actual GM pic..

Looks like the side gills on the rear panel have survived. The Cowl induction hood is there as well.
rray200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 11:09 AM   #95
z28camaro2471
C5 Member #227

Drives: Camaros
Much nicer pic! I want more!!

I could care less that the fuel filler is on the passenger side. Looks like the mohawk roof is gone on this one?
z28camaro2471 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 11:31 AM   #96
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Even though thats a prototype of what is likely to be the V6, I love it.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 11:37 AM   #97
The_Stache
SoCal Race Team #13

Drives: 2010 1SS:RS:LS3:SW
Quote:
Originally Posted by z28camaro2471 View Post
Much nicer pic! I want more!!

I could care less that the fuel filler is on the passenger side. Looks like the mohawk roof is gone on this one?
Its currently believed that there are 2 roofs for production.. the smooth with the sunroof, and the reverse mohawk for the non sunroof version.

Quote:
Even though thats a prototype of what is likely to be the V6, I love it.
Chances are thats the V8, if you look close its got dual exhaust!
Old 01-04-2008, 11:43 AM   #98
Bowtie Guy Z28

Drives: 98' Z28 08 CC Z71 2010 SS/RS
That is a much nicer pic!!! little odd without the spoiler but an easy fix I imagine
Bowtie Guy Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote