Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 02-12-2012, 11:24 AM   #1
SSDan

Drives: 2016 1SS 6MT NPP
Back from Vengeance - And the results are ..

I have my 2010 LS3 back from Vengeance. As a reminder from my earlier post - Vengeance had my car last week to perform their Stage 2 perfomance pakage plus I added some other stuff as follows:

Induction: Vararam Induction
Engine:Vengeance Racing Stage II LS3 Camshaft
Comp 26926 Dual Spring Kit
Hardened Pushrods
Katech C5R Timing Chain
Melling Hi Volume Oil Pump
Vengeance Racing 25% Underdrive Pulley Kit
180* Thermostat
NGK TR55 Plugs
Exhaust: American Racing 1 7/8 Stainless Longtubes
3” Catted X pipe
Stock AxleBack
Suspension: Pfadt Race Engineering Coil Springs
Pfadt Race Engineering Adjustable Swaybars
Programming: Custom Tuning VIA EFI Live by Vengeance PCM
Extras: DMH electric cutouts Norris oil catch can

My baseline dyno was 378 HP and 385 TQ (these are corrected numbers from my earlier post) and the final tuned numbers are 461 HP and 440 TQ. Vengeance states that the proven HP for this set up is 460 HP - so I hit the norm. So PQ I win the bet. I said 85 hp gain and got 83 - while you said 95 HP. I wish you had won But really what I wanted was meaningfu HP and TQ gain under the curve and I got it (see attached dyno sheet)

Here is a video I took as they backed the car onto the dyno for the tuning runs after the cam install

My initial impressions are this thing screams now - both down the road and in you ear! I've only had once chance to stand on it so far and that was a WOT shift from 2nd to 3rd. I didn't chirp the tires in 3rd like before. I left rubber on the road. If people peeked at your car at stop lights before - wait til you are cammed. They will twist their necks off to see what pulled up next to them. I haven't even tried the cutouts at a light yet! With those open you can wake up God

I am equally impressed with the Pfadt springs and sways. The look is just right. The ride is near stock. The handling is improved big time.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf Vengeance Dyno results.PDF (1.01 MB, 162 views)
SSDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 11:29 AM   #2
Rage
TRI-COUNTY CAMARO... FTW!

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6 Cyber Grey
Great results I hope you dont run into what I did.... in about 500-600 miles your stock mufflers may start rattling terribly. I think the pulsing of exhaust from the cam blew the baffles loose. I did exactly what you did.... welded stock 2 1/2 in mufflers into a 3" exhaust...... Hope you have better luck than me
CAI inc. cold air intake, LG G6x3 cam, Patriot Gold Extreme Dual springs, Titanium retainers and locks, LG SuperPro 1 7/8 Long Tube headers with full 3" exhaust, DynoMax VT mufflers, SLP 4" tips, Moroso catch can, Race Ready electronic exhaust cut outs, Full painted Razzi body kit, Headlight Armor Smoke taillight and marker blackouts, T-Rex aluminum upper and lower grille, Polished aluminum front and rear bowties. Professionally installed and Dyno Tuned by HorsePower Sales, Pompano Beach FL.
Rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 11:36 AM   #3
SSDan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rage View Post
Great results I hope you dont run into what I did.... in about 500-600 miles your stock mufflers may start rattling terribly. I think the pulsing of exhaust from the cam blew the baffles loose. I did exactly what you did.... welded stock 2 1/2 in mufflers into a 3" exhaust...... Hope you have better luck than me
Tell me more about your Dynomax mufflers. I'm thinking the stock ones may need to go. They are a little raspy for me. I'd like a deeper rumble and quieter at part throttle may make the wife happier. PM me with the cost if you don't mind.
Old 02-12-2012, 11:37 AM   #4
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 89 IROC 350
Awesome Dan!

Can't wait to get my upgraded cam. That's on hold until next winter. The driveshaft and painting the IROC take up all my 2012 mod funds... plus need the rest for baby! (my child, not my car... my camaro is NOT my baby).

Take care Dan and keep the red side up!!!

Sent as a message in a bottle.
IROCanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 11:37 AM   #5
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSDan View Post
Tell me more about your Dynomax mufflers. I'm thinking the stock ones may need to go. They are a little raspy for me. I'd like a deeper rumble and quieter at part throttle may make the wife happier. PM me with the cost if you don't mind.
You heard mine?

Old 02-12-2012, 11:39 AM   #6
SSDan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IROCanSS View Post
You heard mine?

What you got? Something I may want to consider?

Oh - and how about the baby - big arrival happen yet?
Old 02-12-2012, 11:43 AM   #7
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

You heard mine?

RotoFab
LS3 stock cam (for now)
1-7/8" headers
no cats
DMH cutouts
Flowmaster American thunder Catback ($600)- now since your cutouts are welded in, you only need an axel back system or you can lop off the oem cans and weld in the Flowmaster ones. Did you remove the resonators?

Cutouts closed, then open, then closed again:

On dyno, cutouts CLOSED:

both at idle, 89 is just flowmaster catback:

I highly recommend looking into flowmaster!

Old 02-12-2012, 11:44 AM   #8
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Quote:
What you got? Something I may want to consider?

Oh - and how about the baby - big arrival happen yet?
Not yet...

Induction scheduled Tuesday at 9:00am if nothing before then.

MAJOR Shes been sleeping all day, shes says shes banking sleep!
Old 02-12-2012, 12:13 PM   #9
Rage
TRI-COUNTY CAMARO... FTW!

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6 Cyber Grey
Quote:
I got them from jegs. $99 each. A little louder/deeper than stock at idle and part throttle..... Absolutely a beast after 2500rpm under half or more throttle(it opens a valve in the muffler to basically make them straight pipes.) Very happy with the sound. Sounds like a cross between a muffler delete and the resonance of an Infinity FX. Definitely a head turner I will post a video in a couple of days.....
CAI inc. cold air intake, LG G6x3 cam, Patriot Gold Extreme Dual springs, Titanium retainers and locks, LG SuperPro 1 7/8 Long Tube headers with full 3" exhaust, DynoMax VT mufflers, SLP 4" tips, Moroso catch can, Race Ready electronic exhaust cut outs, Full painted Razzi body kit, Headlight Armor Smoke taillight and marker blackouts, T-Rex aluminum upper and lower grille, Polished aluminum front and rear bowties. Professionally installed and Dyno Tuned by HorsePower Sales, Pompano Beach FL.
Rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 03:25 PM   #10
SSDan

Here is a photo of the "car -nage" I kept all my stock parts. I'm not sure why - but they are in the attic storage now.
Attached Images

Old 02-12-2012, 03:32 PM   #11
SSDan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IROCanSS View Post
Not yet...

Induction scheduled Tuesday at 9:00am if nothing before then.

MAJOR Shes been sleeping all day, shes says shes banking sleep!
Jason, thanks for the videos of you exhaust. If and when the time comes to make a change - its good to have info like this.

Now - go get some sleep too! Dads have to help - you can't sneak out to the garage. Those are the parenting
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rage View Post
I got them from jegs. $99 each. A little louder/deeper than stock at idle and part throttle..... Absolutely a beast after 2500rpm under half or more throttle(it opens a valve in the muffler to basically make them straight pipes.) Very happy with the sound. Sounds like a cross between a muffler delete and the resonance of an Infinity FX. Definitely a head turner I will post a video in a couple of days.....
Thanks for the feedback - another option for me to consider. If you get the chance a video would be great!
Old 02-12-2012, 03:35 PM   #12
lincoln361

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS
Sounds outstanding!!! Congrats....
lincoln361 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 03:43 PM   #13
silver2ssrs10

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 6MT
Car looks and sounds awesome. Do you have any plans on taking it to the track to see what it will do?
silver2ssrs10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 05:02 PM   #14
SATXLS3

Drives: 2012 GMC Sierra Z71 4x4 Crew
Great quote

"My wife's gonna hate this".
SATXLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote