Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 01-31-2014, 06:57 PM   #1
MrFrost

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS M6 - "Mabel"
1LE pkg add on possible?

So I see a lot of people getting the 1LE with the 2SS/RS.

What is the difference in the parts from a 2SS/RS and 2SS/RS 1LE?
Can these parts be bought to convert normal 2SS to 2SS/1LE?

So it will have improved handling/drive?

Better for doing some track driving?
How much?
or waste of time, just go out and by aftermarket suspension set up?
Thanks for the info!
MrFrost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 07:24 PM   #2
intensifi

Drives: '12 2LT Convertible
Check the GMPP web site. You can add the 1LE suspension to your existing car. I believe it's something like $1500 MSRP for the parts. Add about $900 for the installation.
Old 01-31-2014, 07:33 PM   #3
SPCBA

Drives: pleather and Chiclets
Get the 1le...no reason not to, you can sell the wheels for more the the cost from gm for entire 1le package...
Old 01-31-2014, 10:09 PM   #4
MrFrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPCBA View Post
Get the 1le...no reason not to, you can sell the wheels for more the the cost from gm for entire 1le package...
First my wife would kill me if I thought about trading for 1LE.
Hell I just stopped and looked at the ZL1 at my dealer the other day when I was checking on a part I ordered and I thought she was going to trip out! She doesn't like me to go to the dealer by myself, I had this one picked out and had my bank approval before I even took her down to "look at some cars just for fun" and then we drove out with it! She thinks I may do it again!
Some day maybe, but for now I want to mod the hell out of mine. I love my Mabel too much to part from her this early. And I wouldn't want to sell the wheels of one, I really would like to have some of those for mine! They are tough looking, but so damn spendy!
Old 01-31-2014, 11:19 PM   #5
Scott@Bjorn3D

Drives: Kami, 2013 2SS LS3 Luvin
Send a message via MSN to Scott@Bjorn3D
Yes a SS can be upgraded to a 1LE (minus shifter, steering wheel and wrapped hood). I think I drive such a car.
Scott@Bjorn3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 11:28 PM   #6
karnov

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott@Bjorn3D View Post
Yes a SS can be upgraded to a 1LE (minus shifter, steering wheel and wrapped hood). I think I drive such a car.
The 1LE package also includes the upgraded transmission, rear-end gearing, high-pressure fuel pump, wheels, tires, brake calipers, aside from the struts, springs, bushings, toe-links, and sway-bars for the suspension upgrades.

An, SS cannot be upgraded to a 1LE for any kind of money, time, or resources that would make sense to just not get the 1LE package.
karnov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 03:45 AM   #7
MrFrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by karnov View Post
The 1LE package also includes the upgraded transmission, rear-end gearing, high-pressure fuel pump, wheels, tires, brake calipers, aside from the struts, springs, bushings, toe-links, and sway-bars for the suspension upgrades.

An, SS cannot be upgraded to a 1LE for any kind of money, time, or resources that would make sense to just not get the 1LE package.
can someone tell me ...
Brake calipers? Better than the big Brembos I already have?
What tranny is in it?
I thought it had higher gears the rear. which one?
As for fuel pump, I planned on getting ZL1 pump to cover future HP mods.
THE wheels and tires not too worried, want to get the 10 spoke ZL1 wheels too. Don't plan on running same all around, but will make them bigger than stock now(20x10 front, 20x 11 rear) with wider tires to get more meat to the ground.
And I had planned to get some sort of suspension pkg, all in way for better control, and to lower a bit for look and center of gravity. Just though the 1LE package sounded good the way I hear people raving about theirs.
Just looking for the best advice, a lot of smart folks here!
Appreciate the help!
Old 02-01-2014, 04:21 AM   #8
Scott@Bjorn3D

Drives: Kami, 2013 2SS LS3 Luvin
Send a message via MSN to Scott@Bjorn3D
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFrost View Post
can someone tell me ...
Brake calipers? Better than the big Brembos I already have?
What tranny is in it?
I thought it had higher gears the rear. which one?
As for fuel pump, I planned on getting ZL1 pump to cover future HP mods.
THE wheels and tires not too worried, want to get the 10 spoke ZL1 wheels too. Don't plan on running same all around, but will make them bigger than stock now(20x10 front, 20x 11 rear) with wider tires to get more meat to the ground.
And I had planned to get some sort of suspension pkg, all in way for better control, and to lower a bit for look and center of gravity. Just though the 1LE package sounded good the way I hear people raving about theirs.
Just looking for the best advice, a lot of smart folks here!
Appreciate the help!

Brembos are the same as stock just painted red. Transmission gearing is closer together for road coarse. A normal SS with the 3.91 gearing is quicker than a 1LE do to gearing, but it will get a little worse gas mileage. The fuel pump deal is that it has more pickups in the tank for corning as the tank gets lower and the car can stay fueled. Means on normal SS do not run the tank real low on the Auto EX or road coarse because you can starve for fuel.

My car handles allot better than it did as a normal SS. At the time of me getting my car the 1LE was not out yet and they did not have a time frame. I was pushing close to get to 50K miles on my 2010 SS and dealer and KBB put that at that point I would lose more resale so I ordered my car instead or waiting for 1LE. But I got other options I wanted that you could not get with a 1LE so I am happy.
Scott@Bjorn3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 01:53 PM   #9
MrFrost

Thanks Brother, appreciate the info and learned a lot today. Guess I need to research some more parts and decide what direction I am going to go.
Old 02-07-2014, 08:23 AM   #10
urr2slo

Drives: 2010 2ss ss/rs abm, 2016 2ss/rs hbm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott@Bjorn3D View Post
Brembos are the same as stock just painted red. Transmission gearing is closer together for road coarse. A normal SS with the 3.91 gearing is quicker than a 1LE do to gearing, but it will get a little worse gas mileage. The fuel pump deal is that it has more pickups in the tank for corning as the tank gets lower and the car can stay fueled. Means on normal SS do not run the tank real low on the Auto EX or road coarse because you can starve for fuel.

My car handles allot better than it did as a normal SS. At the time of me getting my car the 1LE was not out yet and they did not have a time frame. I was pushing close to get to 50K miles on my 2010 SS and dealer and KBB put that at that point I would lose more resale so I ordered my car instead or waiting for 1LE. But I got other options I wanted that you could not get with a 1LE so I am happy.
You forgot all 1LE's come with the ZL1 fuel pump, not just additional pickups.
Check the part numbers.