Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-15-2008, 09:51 AM   #43
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Hopefully we can get some more tidbits soon.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // TooHighPSI Port Injection // FF // Katech Low Side // Soler 103 // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 10:35 AM   #44
greenrail
Comic Curmudgeon

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS-2010 VW CC Sport
The Illinois Camaro Club will be well represented also. As of today (May 15) I have a list of 18 cars scheduled to participate.

This should be one heck of a Party!!!!!

Let's make this one something to Remember for a Long time!
greenrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 10:36 AM   #45
sscamaro

Drives: 2010 2SS, 2017 Silverado LTZ
I was there for the Indy2YK in 2000 with my 69 SS396 Camaro. I am booked for the "Back To The Brickyard" with my 02 Camaro SS.

I was at the unveiling of the 02 Camaro SS 30th Anniversary LE at Carlisle in 2002. I was at the unveiling of the concept Camaro in January 2006 in Detroit.

I wouldn't miss this show.
2010 2SS/RS Victory Red, MN6, 1-7/8 Kooks LT Headers, SLP Axle Back, Edelbrock E-Force S/C, ZL1 Fuel Pump, 72# Injectors, JRE fuel rail upgrade, Roto-Fab CAI, Elite Catch Can, Billet Hurst Shifter, DSS 1000HP axles, Spohn Trailing Arms, Toe Links, Lower Control Arms. Chrome American Racing Torq-Thrust wheels. 546/rwhp & 522/rwtq & 10.9# boost Tune by Jeremy Formato.
sscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 10:51 AM   #46
The_Stache
SoCal Race Team #13

Drives: 2010 1SS:RS:LS3:SW
Unfortunately not going to be able to make this trip, looked into it. Cost for me is just over 700 (flight/car/hotel) for the weekend and I'd rather save that towards the actual purchase.
Old 05-15-2008, 11:26 AM   #47
Chaz0698

Drives: 2007 mustang gt
Im just glad i have something new to look at on the home page..
Chaz0698 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 11:58 AM   #48
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaz0698 View Post
Im just glad i have something new to look at on the home page..
I agree. It's about time. I can't wait to see the specs, grill, headlights, and GMPP accessories.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 11:59 AM   #49
MLL67RSSS
Account Suspended

Drives: car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberstyx View Post
Excellent stuff! There will be a plethora of info, specs, pictures, videos to get our hands on!

It did make me a bit sad though. The "we are now authorised to let you know you will see everything there is to see on September" kinda sounds like "and in the meanwhile and up to then we have nothing else to tell you so we don't "ruin" the event, so feel free to keep on guessing".

Beh. Need more news now!
Sorry but our hands are tied. The club members have known about the plan for unveiling for a while, I personally about bit my tongue off not being able to say anything about it until we got the OK. There are a couple of tid-bits more, maybe Scott will spill those beans. I'm sure they would have let us release the info sooner, but most likely wanted to make sure they had "all their ducks in a row" before it got out. Would have been pretty bad if something happened and there were no cars to unveil after saying there would be. Gotta "Keep the faith"

Mike L.
C.I.C.C. Member
MLL67RSSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 12:08 PM   #50
kunkelz28

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS RS
I live in Minnesota and I plan on driving out there, If anyone is on the way and wants to tag along let me know. I will be driving my 04 GTO.
kunkelz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 12:22 PM   #51
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Project View Post
Any news on engines, HP rating or pricing.

I saw the unveiling of the Camaro at the Toronto Auto Show with Mr. Camaro (aka-Scott S.).
Most of that info should be released at Indy, some possibly before. Oh, and Scott goes by the name fbodfather around here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
Don't you remember that picture of Scott and a 2x4? I don't wanna corner him anywhere!
And don't forget the big black 'burbans. You can only see the driver with a 2x4. I don't want to know whats in the back!
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 12:40 PM   #52
Pencil.Fight

Drives: '06 Mustang
Send a message via Yahoo to Pencil.Fight
I'm alive!

Ok, I know it's been ages since I've been on this site, much less posted an actual response! Just want to let you all know I am alive and well (though I did buy a mustang...) BUT, I promise it was cheap and just to hold me over until I can slide my ass into a brand new Camaro (called 25 Chevy dealers yesterday to make sure my name is on that list, or they call me as soon as they start one).

I have no idea how just yet, but you can bet your exhaust tips I will be there.
I'm with Mindz though. I'm definitely not bringing my Mustang (please don't hurt me!). Do we need to register if we're not bringing a car? I don't want to get all the way out there just to find that the place is too crowded and I can't get in.

Looking forward to seeing a lot of you there. We're going to need to have some kind of Camaro5 reunion so we can put some names to faces. If someone wants to be really resourceful, we can put together some Camaro5 T-shirts. Maybe boost the exposure of the site a bit.

P.S. I will be taking lots of pics, but I don't have anything close to a decent camera, so we'll see how they turn out.
Pencil.Fight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 12:46 PM   #53
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by kunkelz28 View Post
I live in Minnesota and I plan on driving out there, If anyone is on the way and wants to tag along let me know. I will be driving my 04 GTO.
If you want to make a really long trip, I'm in Lawrence, Kansas.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 02:20 PM   #54
bouncertime
Miller High Life

Drives: 2021 Camaro LT1, 2017 Colorado Z71
Awesome news, I would really like to go, but I won't be able to get the time off from work. I will be looking forward to the pictures.
Old 05-15-2008, 02:22 PM   #55
motorhed

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS IOM,2000 Grand Cherokee
Quote:
Originally Posted by kunkelz28 View Post
Kunkelz28! I might take you up on that, i would love to attend this but was praying someone from the minneapolis area would be doing a road trip in a nice LS powered ride. I know this is my first post but i've been passively reading posts/topics to the forum for well over a year. I'm also a member on mnfbody.com and post over there occasionally.

I've only got one trip planned this summer and that is for the ALMS race out at Road America in Wisconsin in Aug. This would be a perfect follow-up to that.

Oh yeah, i also have a nice brand new Canon 40D DLSR w/ 8GB CF memory card that i could really break in nicely at the event.....

http://www.flickr.com/photos/motorhed/

Last edited by motorhed; 05-15-2008 at 10:57 PM.
motorhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 02:31 PM   #56
LS9CamaroSS

Drives: Cavalier RS
Wow... that sharpe guy is a complete ass... anyways... I hope to god it is everything we've been hoping for and more... i'm currently looking for either a replacement for my cavalier or something to drive in the nice weather and the cavalier for the winter. If this camaro is affordable and as much as we hoped for i think that it'll end up being my summer car... If it isn't im price range though i think i'll be getting a G5 and have to hold off on the camaro... PLEASE LOTS OF PICS THOUGH TO THE GUYS THAT ARE GOING!!!!!!
LS9CamaroSS is offline   Reply With Quote