Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-05-2014, 06:17 PM   #1
JGS

Drives: 2015 2SS LS3 NPP/1LE/ Red Hot
Winter driving experience

Just want to share my winter experience.
Its been a tough winter so far. My SS has been my dd since my winter beater died a while ago. However let me tell you that I couldnt be happier. Shes been a tank. I've passed cars and suv's being stucked on highways and streets like a charm. Driven through 25-30 cms of snow. You just gotta take it easy on the pedal. Feels super safe. While driving on blizzards conditions, I feel I have total control. Stabilitrac and traction control kicks in everytime you need it and makes a huge difference. HUD tells you which system its been used at the time either stabilitrac and/or traction control. Only thing that worries me are other unexperienced drivers, other than that, the SS has been fantastic. I have the blizzaks lm-60 on. I wish there was like a block heater option so cold starts wouldnt be too tough on her. I normaly run 94 octane gas (from petro canada) on her, but during winter i stick to 91. She receives a car wash at least once per week or everytime I can (min 1/week). and has krown protection and 3M as well.

P.S. I apologize if there are sideway pictures, I dont know why they get uploaded that way, Ive trying to fix it but no idea how. So if you know how to fix it, please do, I would greatly appreciate. Im uploading from my laptop.
P.S 2: that stingray, I spotted it while driving with my sister. He didnt have winters on !

Anybody driving their camaros in the winter ?
Attached Images

JGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 09:01 PM   #2
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Drives: 1970 Buick, 2012 1SS LS3
Second winter, second blizzard with my 1SS. I almost got stuck...once. A snowplow made me stop on an unplowed, steep hill. Dumb sonovabitch almost got stuck himself.
Old 01-05-2014, 09:03 PM   #3
Indydriver

Drives: '14 2SS/RS Vert 6M/KTU/NPP/DTA/ARH
Canada forces everyone to buy winters. As much as I am libertarian, I've already seen so many moronic posts on this site by Camaro owners driving their summers in snow that I could scream.
Indydriver is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
canada, cold start, winter, winter driving