Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 09-03-2012, 11:39 AM   #15
patternpilot

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS
Exit position on the drivers seat would be what I would like to see. Not all of us are gumby stick figures that bend easily. After back surgery bending is a lot harder than most of you realize. Just saying.

LS3, Whipple, Custom Comp Cam, springs, pushrods, timing set, CAI intake, Apex cold air scoop, Doug Thorley TRI-Y headers, Billet Custom Products baffled Valve covers, Mighty Mouse Catch can, ADM FPCM, ZL1 fuel pump, MSD boost-a-pump, Hex Vent hood vents, ProSport gauges(fuel pressure, AFR, Boost), Corsa, 100 cell Cats. Jannetty remote tuned, Pfadt trailing arms, all parts user installed. No Dyno yet. Manual trans. 3.45 gears.
patternpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 05:27 PM   #16
GraySS2011

Drives: 2011 Cyber Gray 2SS 6 speed
It was on my 2002 Z06. And and it had 2 settings: One for driver a and one for driver b. So the HUD was carried forward into my 2011 SS but I don't know why the ms was not. 10 year old technology should have been easy for GM to make it available.

Bob
GraySS2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 03:33 PM   #17
RussellT

Drives: 2012 Crystal Red 2LT
Memory Seats/vanity lights

My wifes 2002 GMC Envoy had it.
Sad it's not offered as an option and standard in the 2LT package, I expected that but was disappointed.
Nearly as disappointed that there is no light in the glove compartment(or sun shades)
Pretty cheap don't you think!
RussellT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 03:43 PM   #18
Mr. iNCREDIBLE

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS Convertible
first thing I was upset about was no memory seats, my last 5 vehicles have had them..

and the slide back to exit..

and power tilt/telescoping steering wheel..

after all the CTS Coupe has these things as is basically the same car..

----------

now 2 weeks later: Well my seat is all the way back and down and the telescoping wheel all the way out and mid way down for my driving position and they haven't moved, so all 3 choices are moot to me.

----------

I doubt very seriously that any of these are cost saving things to GM, they are all available on the CTS Coupe which is basically the same vehicle.

I believe (and this is my opinion) that GM was shooting for success in simplicity with this car, all these fancy options add weight and complication to the vehicle and I think GM was shooting for a flat out drivers car, get in and drive, no complications.

I like it the way it is, it was disappointing at first to lose:

Memory
Power Tilt/Tele
GPS
Dual Zone HVAC

as I have had these options on all my vehicles since about 2000. But in truth I personally find no use for them in this vehicle.

but that is JMHO
Mr. iNCREDIBLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 07:35 PM   #19
cdigiovanni

Drives: 2010 SS2, 03 vette supercharged,
that would be a sweet add on.
cdigiovanni is offline   Reply With Quote