Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 05-10-2013, 07:17 PM   #15
ChibiBlackSheep

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS, 1968 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhOsT_2SS View Post
patiently waiting for my RX for about 3 weeks now.
I placed my order at the end of March and I'm still waiting for my RX can... it better be well worth this wait.

I bought the can before I even had possession of my Camaro because I wanted it on the car right away.

ChibiBlackSheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 07:24 PM   #16
cbass

Drives: .
I ordered a RX as well and hopefully the wait isn't too bad. I decided it was worth the wait. I read several tech articles on the forum and he did an excellent job of explaining why his can works the best and overall anybody that has put that much research into a product and time to explain it deserves my money. Especially since it was completely objective and even suggested competitors that worked.

Also answered a bunch of questions I had as I can be a picky customer to work with and presented me with several options when ordering the RX.
cbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 12:12 AM   #17
1sick7

Drives: 2012 camaro convertible ss
Im doing a fresh rebuild . i hope this can is not the reason i get delayed any longer :(

He said that that monster can has a faster procceng time . we shall see..................

AS much as people want these i dont see why there not in stock ready to go , they must be rich lol
1sick7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 05:00 AM   #18
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sick7 View Post
AS much as people want these i dont see why there not in stock ready to go , they must be rich lol
The reason they are not in stock is because of exactly what you just said; everyone wants them. Demand exceeds their production capacity.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 05:18 AM   #19
Kronix
NJ/SoCal HT5 COTW 3/25/12

Drives: 2015 Z06/14 C7/08 Z06/07 Tahoe Z71
You want the best, you wait for the best. RX Monster can is the best, especially for turbo or FI applications. I run that and a 1LE Fresh Air PCV, best combo out there.

Built by Late Model Racecraft
Fastest C7 in Tri-State 10.13 @ 134mph
7/26/14 Corvette Challenge Raceway Park, E-Town, NJ
Kronix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 06:59 AM   #20
ChibiBlackSheep

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS, 1968 SS
But these waits are just ridiculous now.

ChibiBlackSheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 07:31 AM   #21
Kronix
NJ/SoCal HT5 COTW 3/25/12

Drives: 2015 Z06/14 C7/08 Z06/07 Tahoe Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep View Post
But these waits are just ridiculous now.

Keep in mind you can get $30 cans on Ebay, but RX Cans are the best. That's why the run, because so many people use them. They're not made in China & RX is a smaller sized company putting out big time products. They test everything to make sure it does what it's supposed to. Small wait for the having the best in your car.

Built by Late Model Racecraft
Fastest C7 in Tri-State 10.13 @ 134mph
7/26/14 Corvette Challenge Raceway Park, E-Town, NJ
Kronix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 08:31 AM   #22
Scott@Bjorn3D

Drives: Kami, 2013 2SS LS3 Luvin
Send a message via MSN to Scott@Bjorn3D
Elite Rocks. I have had both and love the ease of empting the Elite on my 2013 vs the RX on my 2010.
Scott@Bjorn3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 08:34 AM   #23
Motion427
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Red Jewel L99
We gave up on RX after 6 weeks.Going with Mike Norris setups from now on.
Motion427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 09:00 AM   #24
SC2150
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro RS, RX supercharged
We are working a shift and a half, paying overtime to try and meet demand....there is no can that matches the effectiveness of the RX.....countless tests by many to show....and Motion, try the pull through test: pick up clear glass inline fuel filter ($10 any auto parts store....has to be the glass one) and install it between any can you are using and the IM vacuum port and see just how much oil pulls through.

We have not added any volumne deaers for app 8-9 months as we cant keep up with demand. Dont know what else to do until we can secure funding to add more production tooling and staff.....but we do all we can. If this was just an equal to others I am sure the demand would be a fraction of what it is, but look at any can and how it is contructed/designed. No, ours does not unscreww....that would add another $15-$20 each to the price and allmost all polled have said the price is important as well as function. But almost any other can is just an empty shell with a small chamber at best (Elite.AMW/Saiku Micchi are the exception....they are good functioning designs) and all can catch oil, so you cant judge by " I drained my can and got oil so its working well" as most let more oil through than they trap, and try this experimant. Take a beer or soda can (or and container....youtube shows a mayonase jar used also) and add 2 fittings to it. Install same way and watch, it will catch oil,,,,and just as good as the poor functioning cans on the market. The small cans with the outlet right next to the inlet or the chamber where oil passes allows the flow to pull most oil right through and into the intake.....and you want NO oil in the intake air charge, not just a small amount. The RX can is the only can with app 7-14" between the inlet and outlet as it passes through 3 steps in 4 separate chambers each designed to caolesce, condense, separate, and trap all, or nearly all detectable oil from the crankcase gasses. NO can has as complex of a separating process and thats why it is so effective. Just take apart most any can, or look at the cut away pictures and explanations with all the popular cans on the market in the many threads out there to see. If it was just promotion and sales....we would cheap out and could easily meet demand with a good looking but inferior product as far as effectivness, but thats not how we manufacture or design ANY of our products.....and we dont sub out some other company to make these and slap a name on they or just call them ours......other then the CNC waterjet shop cutting the components out and intial welding, we do all the finishing and assy inhouse here....100% made in the USA. NOT a can that has 10-20-30 other brands on it sourced from a production company more concerned with qty and sales than function.

We have aonther 90 shipping this coming tue, but orders are running 200-300 a week and we can only produce 100 a week max right now. If we said yes to the dealer/distributers that have asked to carry them it would be over 1000 a week and there is now way we could meet that demand.

To close, if we just stamped out a simple marginally functional can then we could easily and abandon making the best preforming products of there kind and just let greed be the motivator, but as with all we make, we dont and wont.

So, it is worth the wait if you truely want to stop the oil ingestion and not just part of it. Also, you see me on a regular basis endorsing the other few cans that testing shows work very well (catching 75% plus of the oil which is substantial) driving sales to direct competitors...but have you ever once seen any of them do the same in return? No...thats not the corporate way. We shoot straight and if there are good alternatives we are honset enough to point it out even if it takes sales away. Show me any other doing this.

SC2150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 12:45 PM   #25
Lio Martinez
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RS 1LE IMO Turbo
I need a RX oil catch can for my 2013 Camaro 1LE I'm.putting the Turbonetics Kit on it.... So will i need the dual valve catch can ? Do u offer braided lines on it ? Can u send a link to tye thread where I can see mire pictures
Lio Martinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 12:55 PM   #26
S3XPanther
by Odeon

Drives: '12 SS/RS A6 IOM SOLD, '13 1LE IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lio Martinez View Post
I need a RX oil catch can for my 2013 Camaro 1LE I'm.putting the Turbonetics Kit on it.... So will i need the dual valve catch can ? Do u offer braided lines on it ? Can u send a link to tye thread where I can see mire pictures
I believe JDP motorsports offers braided lines. Apex may too, not sure.

"Some say it's a waste of time, others say it's an incredible waste of time."

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."

2013 IOM SS/RS - 1LE. Born 5/6/2013 (1 of 32 1SS IOM 1LE's)
S3XPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 01:16 PM   #27
SC2150
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro RS, RX supercharged
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lio Martinez View Post
What boost are you going to be running? If much over 10# get the Monster can.
http://www.revxtreme.com/instructions/monster.pdf
http://www.revxtreme.com/instruction...lve_centri.pdf

Quote:
Originally Posted by S3XPanther View Post
I believe JDP motorsports offers braided lines. Apex may too, not sure.
Yes. Both can provide the braided lines and AN fitting options.

SC2150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 02:17 PM   #28
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by S3XPanther View Post
Apex may too, not sure.
Of course.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote