Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-26-2011, 10:24 AM   #1
mfarrowm2717

Drives: 2SS Rally Yellow Camaro
No Drilling Front License Plate "HELP"!

During the X-Mas holidays, I purchase a 2SS Camaro for my wife. I told the dealership I did not want anyone to drill holes on the front bumper, because I want to find a no drilling license plate. Well, I search all over and cannot find a auto parts store that carrys the no drilling license plate. So now my wife is not able to drive the car since X-Mas till we find a license plate. I've seen the one that was posted on the website, but I prefer something that is "very" easy and little setup.

Any suggestions out there.

SFC Farrow
mfarrowm2717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 10:27 AM   #2
DarkneSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 6MT
Electric : http://www.flipaplate.com/

Manual :http://www.americanmuscle.com/flipdo...te-manual.html (yes its says for stangs but its universal, i have it on my car.
DarkneSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 10:35 AM   #3
1BADLS3

Drives: Sold: 2011 2SS/RS
My thoughts? If you're required to have a front plate, drilling vs no drilling doesn't matter...you've still got an ugly ass license plate on the front of the car. Might as well do it up proper with the factory bracket and rivets.

If you ever move to a state that doesn't require front plates, then you can always have holes patched when you take off the bracket.
1BADLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 10:36 AM   #4
bkscott

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Here is one other option. Take 2 min to put on and uses pre existing holes.

ADM CAI, Borla Type S Cat Back, VMAX Ported TB, LG Short Throw Shifter, 1LE Shocks, Hotchkis Sway Bars, Whiteline Cradle Bushing Inserts, Custom Powdercoated ZL1's ,Michelin Pilot Supersports, Stainless Power Headers, Solo J Pipes, AAC LED Sidemarkers, ZL1 Rockers, SLP Splitter, ADM Stage II Cam,ZL1 Diffuser,Vitesse Throttle Controller.

bkscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 10:41 AM   #5
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
Search for one on eBay motors , definitely don't drill holes.
Old 01-26-2011, 10:47 AM   #6
2010rod
JAWS

Drives: 2010 2SS Silver Ice Metallic
After getting a fix it tic I put 2 tie staps thru my bracket and grill!
Old 01-26-2011, 10:58 AM   #7
JAB
C_H_E_V_Y

Drives: Velocity Yellow C6 Z06
Go To Swiftmotorsports.com And Check out the Hideaway Liscense Plates, Yes they do Drill on, But to the bottom of the bumper, ( If you removed it you wouldent know they were there.) And when you want to be legal you pull it out and flip it up, Car shows put it down and slid it uder the bumper,,
Or if you really wanna do it right the motorized one, Has a key fob can pop out and in Electoniaclay thats what i got. James Bond $h!t

Heritage Grill
Flat Black Full Body Stripes
Flat Black Tail Light Bezels
Flat Black Camaro Emblems
Flat Black / Red SS Emblems
Flat Black Side Markers
Chevy Bowtie Delete
Led Grill Lighting
Interior Led Lighting
Near Future ( 1'' Drop Springs, GFX and *headers,Xpipe and 3in catback with an CAI is on it way* Getting ready for the PROCHARGER
)
JAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 11:03 AM   #8
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
I got a no drill plate holder on ebay. I love it. Easy to take off and put back on to. Uses existing holes under the facia.

Here is the seller:
http://stores.ebay.com/fdsellracingparts

If you get one, make sure you order the correct one (he sells them for V8, V6, with or without GFX).
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 11:08 AM   #9
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
No front plate should not prevent you from driving it. I've gone for 1.5 years with no front plate. Not much of an issue in my area even though one is required. Unless Helotes has the death penalty for no front plate I wouldn't worry about it. My main argument- Why are motorcycles not required to have one?

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 11:30 AM   #10
Tom D

Drives: 10 Camaro SS/RS RJT
Show n Go by Altec. Got the motorized version and it works great. There is a thread already on this somewhere. Here's the link to Altec and watch the videos. Up or down in less than 5 Sec's.

http://www.altecproducts.com/
2010 2SS/RS RJT, ADM CAI, Borla Shorties, Borla "S" Cat Back, Edelbrock E-Force Supercharger, GMS Wires, GMS Rear Trailing Arms, GMS Rotors, GMS End Links, GMS Tunnel Brace, GMS Rear Tie Rods, GMS 1G Suspension Package, GMS Stage 3 CNC ported heads, GMS Spec'd R12 Custom Ground Camshaft, Snow Meth Injection, GMS Custom Tuned, Norris Catch Can, MTI Brake Lines, Pfadt Coilovers, Sway Bars, Camber Kit, and Rear LCA Reinforcement, , AAC Footwell, Trunk, DRL and Dome LED Lighting, Technostalgia Tail Lights, RED B/A Pedals, Kompression Custom Wheels with Nitto tires, 621RWHP/584RWTQ
Tom D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 11:50 AM   #11
TURBOJ

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS, 1998 Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010rod View Post
After getting a fix it tic I put 2 tie staps thru my bracket and grill!
X2
My avatar pic shows the license plate mounted with two tie straps from the dealer. I have since taken it off but I can remount it at any time without any drilling.
TURBOJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 11:52 AM   #12
Berean

Drives: Truck
I'm glad I live in a one plate state. Really, what benefit does a second plate have? If you're running from the cops, it won't be in reverse.

It probably does help when you're looking at surveillance video and can only see the front of the car, but those two plate laws have been around way before we ever had video cameras on every corner.
Berean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 12:33 PM   #13
1BADLS3

Drives: Sold: 2011 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berean View Post
I'm glad I live in a one plate state. Really, what benefit does a second plate have? If you're running from the cops, it won't be in reverse.

It probably does help when you're looking at surveillance video and can only see the front of the car, but those two plate laws have been around way before we ever had video cameras on every corner.
Washington state's argument is that it provides positive vehicle identification from the front and also a clean, reflective surface from which to bounce radar (i.e. catch you for speeding).

The WSP in the Seattle area are absolutely unrelenting when it comes to this stuff.
1BADLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 12:36 PM   #14
mfarrowm2717

Drives: 2SS Rally Yellow Camaro
Thanks Everyone

Glad I join this website!

mfarrowm2717 is offline   Reply With Quote