Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 06-09-2009, 08:02 AM   #29
TomServo

Drives: 2007 Z06
The current generation vette (C6) had several new generation issues when it was released in 05. However within the warranty period all were addressed by recalls or TSB's so now folks looking to buy a used vette shouldn't be afraid to buy an 05. In fact the 05's have become something of "entry level" vette because many consider it flawed by first year bugs and heavily discounted, but their fears aren't founded.

But as we all know enthausists will bug the hell out of their dealers to correct these flaws.

As many know my son's ABM 2SS had the following issues:

1. Recall (why it wasn't corrected prior to shipment is beyond us considering the 2 weeks it held in QC)
2. Faulty drivers side air bag (discovered by dealer and replaced prior to delivery)
3. Faulty speedometer (discovered by dealer and replaced prior to delivery)
4. A-pillar trim pops loose (discovered by us as we departed the dealers lot) we hand hand jammed it and so far it's holding

But the basic goodness of this vehicle is intact and clearly evident in how it feels, looks and drives. I find the fit and finish exceptional.

Tom
USAF Retired
TomServo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 08:03 AM   #30
JPAYORK

Drives: 2007 Toyota FJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by aberg View Post
So far no problems with my Camaro. My 2007 FJ had a paint problem. Paint was peeling off the front bumper. They repainted and now it's fine.
You had an FJ or have an FJ? I was thinking about trading mine in on the Camaro but I'm not willing to take a loss on it. Gonna hold on to it and maybe try to sell it privately.
JPAYORK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 08:10 AM   #31
trudawg660

Drives: 2006 Dodge Charger / 2SS IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPAYORK View Post
I wish I knew, I go to the dealer every week to see if my order has even been picked up at the plant. Hopefully today that will be the case. My small town dealership has been having pretty good luck with orders being delivered 6-7 weeks after they're picked up. I hope and pray that mine will be here by the beginning of August.

So, whether this car has problems or not, I'm still buying it.
if u havent noticed am from altus also. how many camaro's have wilmes got so far. the first one was a ordered 1ss (orange, two strips), the second one was a car from the dallas event (orange, one strip). those are the only two i know that has came from wilmes.
trudawg660 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 08:15 AM   #32
JPAYORK

Drives: 2007 Toyota FJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by trudawg660 View Post
if u havent noticed am from altus also. how many camaro's have wilmes got so far. the first one was a ordered 1ss (orange, two strips), the second one was a car from the dallas event (orange, one strip). those are the only two i know that has came from wilmes.
That's cool, I didn't even look. Crystal over there called me on Saturday, they had just gotten a yellow and black one in. Since I ordered black she thought I'd like to come and see what it looked like in person. I was very happy I ordered the color, the one they got in was a 2SS/RS auto with sunroof, the yellow one had already been picked up.

I'm hoping they start getting more deliveries coming.

You have the purple charger?
JPAYORK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 08:17 AM   #33
camaroqueen
Jules11 is home!

Drives: 2SS/RS/M-6 RJT/BLK 'Vert
Send a message via AIM to camaroqueen
Quote:
I wish I knew, I go to the dealer every week to see if my order has even been picked up at the plant. Hopefully today that will be the case. My small town dealership has been having pretty good luck with orders being delivered 6-7 weeks after they're picked up. I hope and pray that mine will be here by the beginning of August.

So, whether this car has problems or not, I'm still buying it.
Don't think you can go wrong with this car! Glad you are ordering it.

I love this car!!!
camaroqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 08:21 AM   #34
trudawg660

Quote:
That's cool, I didn't even look. Crystal over there called me on Saturday, they had just gotten a yellow and black one in. Since I ordered black she thought I'd like to come and see what it looked like in person. I was very happy I ordered the color, the one they got in was a 2SS/RS auto with sunroof, the yellow one had already been picked up.

I'm hoping they start getting more deliveries coming.

You have the purple charger?
yes i have been driving by the by the yellow one lately. so they have receieved 2 cars that they ordered.

no the purple charger isnt me. i drive the 3rd orange camaro in town.
Old 06-09-2009, 08:27 AM   #35
greenrail
Comic Curmudgeon

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS-2010 VW CC Sport
Uh, when did this become a PM board?

Anyway, the "A" Pillar trim concern, is a very minor problem. Not sure exactly what hye fix is other than a better attachment to the car itself. (Yes, I havethat issue.)

Otherwise, I am in love with this car. It is comfortable, beautiful, fast, draws a crowd (which I am sure will wear off eventually).

So, the real poistive here, is that I know very well,that these concerns have been fed up the line to the proper people. It is a way for the GM engineers to up their game!

Oh, and by the way, to he Oshawa folks! Keep up the good work, this car is awesome!
Old 06-09-2009, 08:37 AM   #36
FirstLSK
Dude, I love my car !!!!

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS white rally
Well, my Camaro is absolutely, perfect and FLAWLESS.

........ oh wait, I don't have it yet....

Well, it is perfect in my dreams anyway. I hope it gets here soon.

Old 06-09-2009, 08:41 AM   #37
trudawg660

well back on topic, i have noticed some problems but they are not deal breakers. I LOVE my car and dont plan on getting rid of it anytime soon.
Old 06-09-2009, 08:51 AM   #38
Tran
Administrator

Drives: 2010 Camaro of course....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
I've said it many times already. There are thousands of Camaros on the road. The problems you list are the one offs a few of the members have reported.
Totally agreed. People come on forums often when they have an issue and need feedback on it, need moral support, or just to share their gripe with a sympathetic audience. BUT, people don't generally come on and just randomly post "My car is perfect, and doesn't have a single flaw!"

That's just the nature of automotive forums, so it can sometimes seem like a car has tons of issues because that's the majority of what you're reading on a car forum. Try to keep that in mind when you're reading issues being posted about the new Camaro
Old 06-09-2009, 08:58 AM   #39
Dakota Kid

Drives: 2010 2SS/RJT/L99
Well I don't have mine yet, but here is my two cents worth:

I think expectations for this car are generally in the stratosphere, which is caused mainly by the long rollout period for Camaro. People need to adjust their expectations to a more realistic level...both in terms of performance for the car and its general level of fit and finish.

I am NOT a big GM fan, but I hope this car takes me back to my youth as far as a driving experience....I drove Challenger and was flatly underwhelmed, Mustang GT premium would be my next choice, or maybe even a C6. So I am not a brand loyalist, I just like good cars that are fun to drive.

At any rate, I look forward to the car. Minor flaws and all.
Dakota Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 09:03 AM   #40
GMtothecore
"That Guy"

Drives: Camaro SS...........what else?
Location: OOOOOOOklahoma where the wind comes sweepin' down the plains.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tran View Post
Totally agreed. People come on forums often when they have an issue and need feedback on it, need moral support, or just to share their gripe with a sympathetic audience. BUT, people don't generally come on and just randomly post "My car is perfect, and doesn't have a single flaw!"

That's just the nature of automotive forums, so it can sometimes seem like a car has tons of issues because that's the majority of what you're reading on a car forum. Try to keep that in mind when you're reading issues being posted about the new Camaro
Well put, and very true. Even I forget that sometimes...thanks Tran.
Old 06-09-2009, 09:04 AM   #41
kmdrum79

Drives: 2018 Audi SQ5
You know, sure there are only a handful of issues compared to the thousands of Camaro's that have been produced but when you're the person who has the problem, it sure doesn't seem like it's something minor. My Pontiac G6 experience bit me in the rear and because of that I tell everyone how big of a POS the G6 is. Does that represent all G6's, no, but I only have my experience to go on. The biggest issue is when you pay $22k-almost $40k for something, you expect there to not be an issue. Is it fair that consumers feel that way, no, because I'm sure there are some people who bought $10k cars and have never had any issues but people who pay more expect to have a better experience and a higher quality item.

Now, I fully expect the Camaro to live a long life. Sure every automaker has some cars that will have issues while the majority of them function fine. It's just a let down when you want something so badly and you get it only to have issues with it. My car was in the shop 10-15 times and it's not fun to have to keep going back to the dealership to have minor and major things fixed (plus finding time to take off of work, spending gas going there, etc). So, while people say, it's amazing how fast things get fixed and it's only minor issues, the personal experience is what suffers because people want things to work right the first time. Unrealistic, maybe but that's how the majority of us are, right or wrong.

Anyway, long live the Camaro, because it's an awesome car and I hope it outsells all of the competition.

Last edited by kmdrum79; 06-09-2009 at 10:14 AM.
kmdrum79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 09:25 AM   #42
Tran
Administrator

Drives: 2010 Camaro of course....
Sorry to remove some posts, but please let's not let this thread turn into an R6P / pre-ordering / QC hold gripes thread. Thanks.