Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 04-02-2011, 09:21 PM   #253
thePill
Account Suspended

Drives: '11 Mustang GT Premium
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
Thanks for the info.
It seems like every time you talk to me I am the bearer of bad news. :( Sorry man... I don't want to be a jerk...
thePill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 09:35 PM   #254
8cd03gro

Drives: 2005 STi corn fed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
I don't follow the racing as closely as maybe I should...but when you say the Camaro is 3200, but then say the builders are having trouble doing it...I'm confused.
He was citing the minimum allowable, not actual.

On a side note, I can't imagine either car @ 3,300 or 3,200. I was hoping the boss was going to be a lightweight vehicle, but I am not disappointed overall because it's still a great car. I'm just waiting for the big three to stop tossing more power at these cars and lighten them up, then I'll make my move back to a pony car. They're just porkers right now, both the ford and the chevy, forget about the dodge.
8cd03gro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 12:18 AM   #255
Allentown
Account Suspended

Drives: 2005 Durango/2008 Versa/2011 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGOS252382 View Post
That's not my point. I know a stock GT is faster than a stock L99 Camaro.

Mustang guys
"Stock GTs run low 12s."
"Stock GT's with drag radials run 11s."
"Stock motor GTs lift the wheels"
etc
etc
When I'm at the track, my lightly modded L99 beats stock GTs by many cars lengths. If stock GTs run low 12s, they should run neck and neck with my car. The fact is they don't when I'm at the track. That's my point.

Yea....NO.

I am very active on AFM and i dont know ANYONE making those claims. Most of us human drivers who arent trying to rip the tranny out of our cars running stock with a few too many cheesburgers over the years are going to be in the mid to HIGH 12s stock (and one "mistake" and we are at 13).

Not all us mustang fans are fanbois. Anyone claming low 12s stock (except for the occassional freak run) are exaggerating. If you are running low 12s, "many car lengths ahead of them" is very possible.

As far as regular Camaro SS drivers like i mentioned above, running stock, with a few cheesburgers in them over the years as well...i dont see them breaking much out of low 13s to be honest.

Mod for mod is a whole nother discussion. (stop me if you heard this one) but put the same mods on the 5.0 that you have on your SS and you would still be you looking at his ugly rear end.

Back to your point..i agree whole heartedly. No way they are running low 12s stock or they WOULD be neck and neck with you (obviously).
Allentown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 12:53 AM   #256
snakekiller

Drives: f150
the camaro weight problem is going to be fixed by the alpha platform.
snakekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 08:33 AM   #257
NoMercy

Drives: 2012 ZL1
The mods to my Camaro are in my sig. My son has a new 2011 5.0 with the track pack and all he has done is an intake,tune,and exhaust and we are dead even with runs up to 150 mph on multiple attempts. I have access to a runway so no street racing here. I am very impressed with the new 5.0 as bad as that kills me to say... In fact he pulls me about a car down low but I pull back even with him once I shift into 3rd gear.
Magnuson TVS 2300, 16% OD rear pullies(stock 3.8 on front jackshaft), Vector Motorsports 2.5 cam, hardened push rods, titanium retainers, patriot gold double springs, Dynatech 1 7/8 Longtube headers, gutted cats, F.A.S.T. 90lb. injectors, Lonnie's double pumper fuel pump, ZR1 Plugs, Airade cai, HP tuned by East Texas Musclecars. 660 rwhp / 611 rwtq
NoMercy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 10:08 AM   #258
DieselNuts
Spartan Performance

Drives: it like I stole it
Quote:
Originally Posted by truth411 View Post
Not an apples to apples comparision at all, anytime a Car Company "Flys out" a race car driver to drive a car equipt with R-compound tires, your going to have impressive results. Don't get me wrong the Boss is a decent package except for the brakes imo. BTW isnt that the R8 when it only had the 4.2 V8 in it???
You're right, it's not apples to apples. The R8 should beat the Bossaround the track. The amount of technology that went into the development trumps the Boss like you can only imagine. Even if it is the V8 R8, it still makes the same HP, weighs less and has a MR drive train config. Also, only the Laguna Seca version comes with with R compound tires. The model tested had Pirelli PZero street tires.

Quote:
Originally Posted by truth411 View Post
wait till car and drivers lightning lap where you have THE SAME driver driving all cars similar to the stig lap times on top gear.
you do know that "The Stig" is played by multiple F1 drivers, right? The Stig is not just 1 person.

Last edited by DieselNuts; 04-03-2011 at 10:37 AM.
DieselNuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 10:17 AM   #259
BigDan

Drives: bug
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMercy View Post
The mods to my Camaro are in my sig. My son has a new 2011 5.0 with the track pack and all he has done is an intake,tune,and exhaust and we are dead even with runs up to 150 mph on multiple attempts.
Not like it matters but there is no such thing as a 2011 "track pack" Mustang GT. Thanks for being so honest though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselNuts View Post
you do know that "The Stig" is played by multiple F1 drivers, right? The Stig is not just 1 person.
So then why did they fire Ben Collins last season for stating that he was The Stig in his recent auto biography?
BigDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 10:30 AM   #260
DieselNuts
Spartan Performance

Drives: it like I stole it
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDan View Post
So then why did they fire Ben Collins last season for stating that he was The Stig in his recent auto biography?
guess you didn't see the episode where Michael Schumacher was the Stig. While this may have just been a stunt for entertainment, this is also well known: "A BBC source said "The simple fact of the matter is that there are currently four Stigs who drive on the test track" for reasons of practicality. The report claimed that in addition to Ben Collins, Julian Bailey was also currently working as the Stig, with more drivers also used when their schedules clashed. Supporting this, it relayed the source's explanation that if you look at the show the height of the Stig varies.?"
DieselNuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 10:38 AM   #261
BigDan

Do you have any links to to back up this 4 stig theory, or is it just one guys story on the internet. I've never heard about it before, just the they always kill off Stig's that revel their identity, and the Schumacher thing was just for gags.
Old 04-03-2011, 12:03 PM   #262
thePill
Account Suspended

Any chance there will be a Pedders" Boss 302 Laguna Seca? I dare you Pete... I doubt Pedders could grab one this late..
Old 04-03-2011, 01:11 PM   #263
BigDan

I know they'd sell more units if they did, especially since we've yet to see what sort of improvements can be had from switching from an old iron block supercharged 4.6 w/ 5 speed and traditional steering to aluminum high revving NA 5.0L w/ 6 speed with variable electric power steering and cam timing and a torsen diff. The 4.6L is dead and its time to move on.
Old 04-03-2011, 05:17 PM   #264
thePill
Account Suspended

This hasn't been confirmed as of now but, all 4000 Boss 302 and Boss 302 LS's have been SOLD. I am looking into whether or not Ford will do a mid-model year Job#2. I believe there are some GT500's left but as of 1 April, only a few Boss and GT500 owners got their order. How much you wanna bet Ford does a Boss Job#2.

The sales numbers should reflect in next months sales but we will see.

Story from "Mustang News" on 1 April http://www.themustangnews.com/conten...wice-february/
Quote:
The Mustang is the big story however, with sales genuinely showing a rebound above the rate of most other models. The 2012 Mustangs are now rolling off the line and that likely has some wind pushing sales to the dealers with new options and colors. The new 2012 BOSS 302 Mustang has met with universal popularity and each and every one of them are already spoken for.
Now I am relieved I didn't wait, there is no way I would have been able to pick one up... I will build my own GT-Boss 302 Laguna 500 R.
Old 04-03-2011, 05:45 PM   #265
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by thePill View Post
It seems like every time you talk to me I am the bearer of bad news. :( Sorry man... I don't want to be a jerk...
Old 04-03-2011, 06:41 PM   #266
porcupinekiller

Drives: 2010 GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDan View Post
I know they'd sell more units if they did, especially since we've yet to see what sort of improvements can be had from switching from an old iron block supercharged 4.6 w/ 5 speed and traditional steering to aluminum high revving NA 5.0L w/ 6 speed with variable electric power steering and cam timing and a torsen diff. The 4.6L is dead and its time to move on.
FYI the 4.6 in the 2005+ Mustang GT's has an aluminum block.
porcupinekiller is offline   Reply With Quote