Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 08-26-2012, 12:21 PM   #1
Scalded Dog

Drives: 2011 1LT
They want to be us

So, dude approaches me yesterday, admiring my ride. He tells me, "Yeah, I have one of these at home, but I guess it's a different year than yours because of the mail slot thing. I don't have one." Well, I don't either, see... he doesn't seem to know what a "mail slot" is. So I said, "Well, the 'mail slot' is not a model- year thing, but is basically an options/ package, since only the SS has the 'mail slot.'""

He says, "Oh, I have the 'V-8' Camaro..." Apparently, he was indicating to me that he didn't have an "SS," but instead has one of those Camaros with a V-8.

Ironically, he didn't even realize that, by odd chance, I knew who he was, and have actually been to his house: I was on a movie shoot recently, and this guy's house was used for a location shoot. And, unless he traded his '83 Celica for one of those V-8 Camaros within the past coupla months, ain't no Camaro in his driveway, but only in his dreams.

They all want to be us, and even when they ain't us, they'll make up stories to make people think they are us.

Guess I should be flattered, but liars just irritate the krap outta me.
Scalded Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 12:23 PM   #2
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
goofy people
AZCamaroFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 02:30 PM   #3
Dznts
Anabolic Connoisseur

Drives: Sold - Blown Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Old 08-26-2012, 04:21 PM   #4
liquidsmoke
Two Miles An Hour

Drives: SIM 2LT RS
Maybe he has a zl1.

expect nothing, but take everything
liquidsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 04:26 PM   #5
got adrenalin?
Cameo "Cammy" Car Camaro

Drives: 2LT/RS 45th 2012 Limited Escape
Maybe bi-polar .. and not on meds =)
got adrenalin? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 10:25 PM   #6
My45thAnniversaryCamaro

Drives: 45th Anniversary
He failed hah
My45thAnniversaryCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 10:32 PM   #7
Rangore

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS 45th Anniversary Ed
Why do I picture his voice sounding like someone in a Cheech and Chong movie? LOL
Old 08-26-2012, 11:12 PM   #8
AdamZ
Account Suspended

Drives: Eve - 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by liquidsmoke View Post
Maybe he has a zl1.
this
AdamZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 11:40 PM   #9
SkyGunner

Drives: 2012 ZL1 Camaro
Talking Shelby's

I am sorta in a state of shock. I have a 2012 ZL1 and within a week two 2012 Shelby's have tried to blow me off what they thought were their highway. First one sorta stayed close off the line in first, lost some ground in second and was blown away when I hit third.
Next victim, umph, harrumph , I mean Shelby was coming up behind me on a major hwy. I watched him going lane to lane, resembling a lion stalking a Gazalle. He finally got beside me at approx. sixty and like a rainstorm clearing, this multiple lane hwy. cleared in front of us for about five miles( Thank You, Lord). We had our windows down and he looked at me with a vicious/pitying smile on his face as he prepared to add a ZL1 scalp to his tailpipes. I gave him the jump and he pulled ahead about two thirds of a car length. I could have sworn I heard the most evil laugh coming from his ****pit. That's when I tried to put a hole through my firewall ( because at that time I thought I was soup, even though I had beaten one Shelby already), nearly broke neck from the torque my small block put out. That was his one second of glory, I passed him and was pulling away, hit my next gear and started pulling away even quicker, hit fourth and he seemed as if he accidentally hit his brakes. Game over.
I have owned " hot rods " all my life, I thought. This beast is tremendous, powerful and OWNS the hwy's. Never has a production car, I've driven, been this mindbending FAST! I LOVE it!
SkyGunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 11:52 PM   #10
MikeSVX
The magic smoke genie....

Drives: Jewels (2010 RJT 1SS)
I would of said "oh, wow. Did you trade in the Celica?"

That would have threw him off.
MikeSVX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 08:58 AM   #11
Scalded Dog

Drives: 2011 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyGunner View Post
I am sorta in a state of shock. I have a 2012 ZL1 and within a week two 2012 Shelby's have tried to blow me off what they thought were their highway. First one sorta stayed close off the line in first, lost some ground in second and was blown away when I hit third.
Next victim, umph, harrumph , I mean Shelby was coming up behind me on a major hwy. I watched him going lane to lane, resembling a lion stalking a Gazalle. He finally got beside me at approx. sixty and like a rainstorm clearing, this multiple lane hwy. cleared in front of us for about five miles( Thank You, Lord). We had our windows down and he looked at me with a vicious/pitying smile on his face as he prepared to add a ZL1 scalp to his tailpipes. I gave him the jump and he pulled ahead about two thirds of a car length. I could have sworn I heard the most evil laugh coming from his ****pit. That's when I tried to put a hole through my firewall ( because at that time I thought I was soup, even though I had beaten one Shelby already), nearly broke neck from the torque my small block put out. That was his one second of glory, I passed him and was pulling away, hit my next gear and started pulling away even quicker, hit fourth and he seemed as if he accidentally hit his brakes. Game over.
I have owned " hot rods " all my life, I thought. This beast is tremendous, powerful and OWNS the hwy's. Never has a production car, I've driven, been this mindbending FAST! I LOVE it!
WAY off-topic, but dang... every time I hear the word "Gazelle," I can't help but laugh. There was that episode of Man vs. Wild, with Bear Grylls, when he took Will Ferrell out into the wilderness for a couple of days. At one point, Will had climbed a tree to look for distant landmarks across the plain, Bear looked up and said, "Hey, Will... you are a pretty good tree climber!"To which Will responded, "Yeah... I'm a gazelle!"That one still kills me...
Scalded Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 10:58 AM   #12
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyGunner View Post

Skygunner.....its all good and cool, but since your new around here.....just be warned, STREET RACING stories are not condoned or allowed , just thought you should know.