Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 08-17-2012, 01:27 PM   #29
RIFFKY9

Drives: 2013 2LT/RS Ashen Gray Metallic
Finally got a call back from the dealer and it sounds as if they're actually going to let me have a brand new one, identical to the first!

He said he'll do his best to find one by the end of the day or ASAP so hopefully there's something in the area that fits the bill and this can all get settled soon..

BTW, I can't believe so many people actually would settle for getting the old car back with new engine when it literally took 2 phone calls to get a new one? I could have sworn that anyone on here would agree with me on the issue.. Imagine yourself, just 2 days after buying your brand new Camaro, forced to ride around in an old busted rental Impala for a week because the most important part of the whole car was defective.. I mean seriously. I realize it is probably a one-in-a-million type of thing, and that it's not the dealer's fault, but they have to make things right for selling a faulty product.
RIFFKY9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 01:31 PM   #30
STINGER BEE
2010RS/SS RUMBLEBEE

Drives: Drives a 2010 2SS/RS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sin View Post
Don't settle for anything less than a new car.
For sure nothing less than a new car.
Old 08-17-2012, 05:26 PM   #31
strych9
I'll be back...

Drives: Subaru, HD Road Glide Special
Quote:
Originally Posted by RIFFKY9 View Post
Finally got a call back from the dealer and it sounds as if they're actually going to let me have a brand new one, identical to the first!

He said he'll do his best to find one by the end of the day or ASAP so hopefully there's something in the area that fits the bill and this can all get settled soon..

BTW, I can't believe so many people actually would settle for getting the old car back with new engine when it literally took 2 phone calls to get a new one? I could have sworn that anyone on here would agree with me on the issue.. Imagine yourself, just 2 days after buying your brand new Camaro, forced to ride around in an old busted rental Impala for a week because the most important part of the whole car was defective.. I mean seriously. I realize it is probably a one-in-a-million type of thing, and that it's not the dealer's fault, but they have to make things right for selling a faulty product.
Mmm k. Let us know who this dealer is, because I plan to buy every single future purchase from them. I can't go wrong.

Or, you're just full of it.
Old 08-18-2012, 01:18 PM   #32
redrocker

Drives: 2012 camaro ss rs
that sux sorry to hear...my 2012 ss has had no mechanical problems but the paint sux! i know black is a pain in the ass but a brand new car should not have swirls in the paint and the dealerships says that is how black is sorry.....bs... and i just bought a new 12 silverado crew cab and not happy with the paint on it either i was a loyal gm person but no longer will i buy a gm product....really thinking about getting rid of the camaro even after all the mods i have done and buying a new shelby....not sure yet...
redrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 01:21 PM   #33
Calikenn

Drives: 2012 Corvette GS
Way to go riffky...glad things worked out for you!
Calikenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 01:23 PM   #34
joey0480

Drives: 2013 Evo X
suprised they gave you a new vehicle. Along the same lines, I purchased a new vehicle from Dodge. Less than 200 miles and there were serious paint issues. Few calls back and forth to corporate and I was given a new paint job through Chrysler by my local Dodge dealership. No new vehicle...and did not expect a new vehicle.

Sure, it is frustrating but you can't expect every vehicle of the 100's of 1000's to be perfect. It happens. Live in a rental for a bit....could be a lot worse.

SOLD:Team L99
ADM Race Intake and Scoop
Vmax Ported TB
Borla-S axlebacks
ARH 1 7/8 Long Tubes and Hi Flo Cats
160 Thermostat
Pfdat front and rear sways and endlinks
Gold Pearl Powdercoated calipers
Gloss black CFD strut covers
GM gill stripes
******** 12" Stealth Kicker Package
joey0480 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 01:32 PM   #35
Chevrole+

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by joey0480 View Post
suprised they gave you a new vehicle. Along the same lines, I purchased a new vehicle from Dodge. Less than 200 miles and there were serious paint issues. Few calls back and forth to corporate and I was given a new paint job through Chrysler by my local Dodge dealership. No new vehicle...and did not expect a new vehicle.

Sure, it is frustrating but you can't expect every vehicle of the 100's of 1000's to be perfect. It happens. Live in a rental for a bit....could be a lot worse.
keeps miles off your new car lol
Chevrole+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 01:39 PM   #36
joey0480

Drives: 2013 Evo X
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrole+ View Post
keeps miles off your new car lol
Lol exactly...very good point

SOLD:Team L99
ADM Race Intake and Scoop
Vmax Ported TB
Borla-S axlebacks
ARH 1 7/8 Long Tubes and Hi Flo Cats
160 Thermostat
Pfdat front and rear sways and endlinks
Gold Pearl Powdercoated calipers
Gloss black CFD strut covers
GM gill stripes
******** 12" Stealth Kicker Package
joey0480 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 02:23 PM   #37
bw26ss
Banned

Drives: ss camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by strych9 View Post
Mmm k. Let us know who this dealer is, because I plan to buy every single future purchase from them. I can't go wrong.

Why wouldn't they give em a new car, they just replace the engine in the other and sell it as new again, there is no difference, DA.
bw26ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 03:47 PM   #38
RIFFKY9

Drives: 2013 2LT/RS Ashen Gray Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by strych9 View Post

The dealer is Columbia Chevrolet in Cincinnati, OH. Absolutely the worst buying experience I've ever had, hands down. HOWEVER, they had the best offer for my trade-in so I really didn't have much of an option..

As far as the new car goes, they claim that they're working on finding one in the area right now, mind you this is after about 10 phone calls to every available manager I could talk to. They said they'd hopefully be able to secure one this weekend and have it available on monday but I'm not confident in anything that they do there so it may be a little while.

I highly recommend anyone looking to buy a new car to avoid this place at all costs. The entire staff there is completely incompetent! I kid you not, between the process of me test driving the car and signing the paperwork, literally about a 10 minute time span, the salesman LOST my registration to my trade-in car, which I had given to him in an envelope also containing my title and such, and then tried to say that we never brought it in and that we were stupid for leaving it at home..

I feel like I'm about as calm and patient as they come, but I was honestly about to blow a gasket in that place. I was just waiting for Ashton Kutcher to jump out from behind a door....
RIFFKY9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 06:21 PM   #39
2012CamaroV6

Drives: 2012 Red Metallic V6 Camaro
Consider yourslf lucky or very good at pushing. My wife's 2012 Camaro V-6 made it 1950 miles and 75 days before the rod started knocking. Since it had 'so many miles' on it, GM policy is no new motor. Dealer fixed it but didnt pull one of the heads so I am worried about metal chips stuck in the oil passages. No one ever told me, but when I read the warranty paperwork, the no 3 main and the no 5 rod were damaged. I was told it was one bad rod bearing. Be happy your getting a new car! Nice work, wish I could have pulled that off.
Attached Images

2012CamaroV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 06:59 PM   #40
jaysonstuart

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11fastss View Post
Why wouldn't they give em a new car, they just replace the engine in the other and sell it as new again, there is no difference, DA.
They can't sell it as new after it's been sold and titled to someone other than the dealer.

It's now a used car no matter how low the miles are.
jaysonstuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 07:01 PM   #41
epatrone

Drives: 2011 camaro 2SS L99
Demand a new car I know it worked for me. I bought a 2012 2SS and it was used for a car show at a fair in Delaware. I got the car with 600 miles and after about half hour of driving I started too smell an odor that resembled old stale cigarettes. After 6 days I had enough and told them I was not pleased find me another car and your taking this one back. They did a fantastic job and found me a 2012 45th anniversary 2SS and they ate the difference in cost. Now I am quite pleased. The dealership apologized for the problem and since it was transported from a sister dealership that manager will have hell to pay from my dealer. My dealer is sending the car back to them to deal with. My dealer is Hertrich GMC/Chevy of Easton MD and they are fantastic when it comes to costumer service. They are not pleased unless you are. ED
epatrone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 09:34 PM   #42
jmaynard

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS2
Quote:
Originally Posted by STINGER BEE View Post
Tell them you want a new car. with only 200 miles on it.
Bad idea. A crate engie is gonna be better than a new can all day every day.

You got to drive 200 miles on their dime. Take that to the bank. It sucks to be out yor car, but they provided a loaner, right. You get a new engine with 0 hours/miles. Not only that, but it's a crate, not line engine. Crate engines are just better.
jmaynard is offline   Reply With Quote