Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 02-02-2013, 12:57 PM   #1
Bayarea510

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS 1LE/RS
My 1le has been on order before christmas

Hi everyone.. Its been more then 2 months now since I put down the 500$ deposit to start my order.. I ordered from the Chevy dealership in Dublin CA..
I still have no order number or anything really.. The sells-men who ordered the car for me said that he turned my order in the week i gave him the cash and he checks on it every Thursday when the list gets updated and he said it says pending or still hasn't been accepted, something along thos lines..
He said hes never seen a car take so long to start being built..
My question.. Is this normal? is there a reason its taking this long? has anyone else waited 2 months with no numbers or any info on when the car will be built or delivered?
Is there a back order on some parts or something?
I appreciate any info back.. Thanks
Bayarea510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 01:00 PM   #2
Brian 1LE SS

Drives: 98 Camaro SS
I am not sure how it works but I dont like that dealership.
<a href=http://www.norcal-lsx.com/multimedia/data/500/562752_4054654816027_115782456_n.jpg target=_blank>http://www.norcal-lsx.com/multimedia...15782456_n.jpg</a>
Brian 1LE SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 01:03 PM   #3
Bayarea510

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian 1LE SS View Post
I am not sure how it works but I dont like that dealership.
I started at the dealership in Fremont.. But I got bad vibes from that dealer.. The guy helping me at Dublin seem to be a cool dude and was alot more upfront and less shady then Fremont.. Thats why I ordered from Dublin..
Old 02-02-2013, 01:37 PM   #4
PAUL SS
The Mark of Excellence

Drives: 2010 ABM 1SS RS LS3
You should at least have an order number. Ask him for it and don't take no for an answer. Did they cash your check yet?
Old 02-02-2013, 01:48 PM   #5
tones2SS

Drives: '13 Roush S3 '16 Ram Sport 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAUL SS View Post
You should at least have an order number. Ask him for it and don't take no for an answer. Did they cash your check yet?
^^THIS. Becky on this forum, should be able to help you. She has been great helping everyone out. Good luck and congrats!
tones2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 02:28 PM   #6
Bayarea510

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAUL SS View Post
I gave them cash.. And when I ask for an order number he said there isent one yet because its still pending.. He can't look it up becuz it hasn't started being built so there's no number yet he said.
Old 02-02-2013, 02:48 PM   #7
LuSe4

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RS LS3
I ordered my 2SS 6 days ago and already have a target production week of 2/18/13.
The reason is probably because there is a wait on the 1LE and there is also a wait on the 2013 polished wheels. I probably would have ordered a 1LE but I didn't want to wait without knowing How long.
Old 02-02-2013, 02:50 PM   #8
SSm1le

Drives: Roxanne('13 2SS 1LE)
Get the workbench printoff. On the bottom, it should have the prices like Invoice, MSRP..etc. There should be a Q**** number on there. I've attached mine for you..They should have this once they take your order. Mine put my desired info in, gave this sheet to me, then I started my wait. Use Becky to check your vehicle status with your Q**** thingy. She's smarter and more competent than ALL dealers. Lastly, if you feel like you're getting nowhere, I'd recommend contacting Becky and just ordering from her. She's amazing, smart, and will deliver the vehicle right to you for better price than most dealers. Good luck
Attached Images

SSm1le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 05:39 PM   #9
LRJet35

Drives: 2013 2SS RS 1LE
Make sure they put it in as a sold order also...if they ordered it as dealer stock it gets lower priority in getting picked up by GM
LRJet35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 09:03 PM   #10
tramtwo

Drives: 2021 1LE
Somewhere there is a thread where Becky updates constraints. I know there is a shortage on wheels. Not sure that is an issue.

An order number is assigned upon input... doesn't matter if it is accepted for production or not.

tramtwo posted this on the go
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 11:09 PM   #11
1LeSS

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS VR 1LE
I got an order number at the same time that the order went in. A week later i got my TPW.
Me thinks someone is slacking at your store.
1LeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 11:18 PM   #12
Bad@ssCamaro
BeckyD Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Get a refund and try another dealership.

Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 02:49 AM   #13
CrystalRedTintcoat

Drives: 2013 2SS 1LE NPP GBE
make sure your dealer has allocation and placed the order. if they did they should have received an order number. then make sure your order has a priority that reflects you as the consumer and not a general dealer order priority. theres a difference. once you have that then you can go to becky's forum and track the TPW (target production week). If your dealer can't quickly and accurately give this information, tell them you want a refund on the spot and that you're going to another dealer.

finally, it may be worth it to call Becky at Roger's Chevrolet and ask her a hypothetical question ... "if I were to order a 1LE with you today how soon would you be able to get the order number to me?" You could tell her you're thinking of canceling your order since the dealer isn't giving you any feedback and placing the order with her. She's honest and does a great service to this forum giving us production status information and she does this for the opportunity to help people like you who are getting yanked around by crappy dealers.
CrystalRedTintcoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 10:10 AM   #14
hotrodder9102

Drives: 1992 Z28,2002 Camaro SS,2013 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayarea510 View Post
Hi everyone.. Its been more then 2 months now since I put down the 500$ deposit to start my order.. I ordered from the Chevy dealership in Dublin CA..
I still have no order number or anything really.. The sells-men who ordered the car for me said that he turned my order in the week i gave him the cash and he checks on it every Thursday when the list gets updated and he said it says pending or still hasn't been accepted, something along thos lines..
He said hes never seen a car take so long to start being built..
My question.. Is this normal? is there a reason its taking this long? has anyone else waited 2 months with no numbers or any info on when the car will be built or delivered?
Is there a back order on some parts or something?
I appreciate any info back.. Thanks
All I can tell you is be patient....I ordered my 1LE on November 24th, long before Christams. My TPW is 2/11. I dont think allocation is as important as the 1LE being on constraint. As it was explained to me, there are over 5000 dealers across the country competing for a limited amount of 1LE production slots. Combine that with orders being backed up from the holiday plant closing, it all makes sense. Be patient my fellow Camaro brother, your time will be here before you know it.

Last edited by hotrodder9102; 02-03-2013 at 10:11 AM. Reason: spelling
hotrodder9102 is offline   Reply With Quote