Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 11-09-2012, 10:02 PM   #1
LRJet35

Drives: 2013 2SS RS 1LE
1LE with RS package

I just ordered a 2SS with the 1LE package, and was debating on whether or not to get the RS package as well since I like the HID headlights with the halo. I noticed a lot of the people on here who already have or have a 1LE ordered got the RS package also. When I was looking at these packages I had a concern about the combination of these 2 packages that I couldn't get past, and wanted to get thoughts on.

When you get an SS with the RS package, it appears to add upgraded wheels along with the body colored accents and HID headlights. With the 1LE package this also includes upgraded wheels. However when you add both of these packages on the same car the price for the RS package stays the same.

To me it would seem like there should be a reduced price for the RS package if you're getting it in conjunction with the 1LE, unless I'm misunderstanding the wheel upgrade with the RS. To me it was too hard to justify $1350 basically just for HID headlights although they do look really cool. Was it an easy decision for those of you that got the RS along with the 1LE on your car? Was the main feature that made you add it the HID lights?
LRJet35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 10:24 PM   #2
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
The RS wheels are not what I would call an upgrade they are just painted. They are still essentially the SS wheels. I did opt for the package mainly for the Halo lights. At first I didnt think it worth it, but chnaged my mind and added them to my order in time for production and very glad I did.
ST1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 11:00 PM   #3
LRJet35

The lights do look really cool, I wish they had a separate option for the HID lights for like 5 or $600, I'd def go for it if that was the case. I may end up breaking down and going for the RS before my car goes into production as well, just have see how I feel in a few weeks I guess.

I am seeing that it does look like its just a diff painted color on the wheels now, is it just me or does the price for the RS still seem a little high?
Old 11-09-2012, 11:12 PM   #4
beany323

Drives: Camaro 2SS /RS/1LE
thinking of skipping the rs package and getting the lites from oracle. i want the dark rims and i think the black molding on the IOM adds to the look.
beany323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 11:36 PM   #5
stlrammer

Drives: 2017 1SS Blue
Lots of different opinions on this one. I didn't get it but it was because my SS was last 2010 on the lot and didn't have the RS package. I didn't really feel short changed as it had 20 inch polished wheels. Painted roof molding and halos don't seem worth the premium $ to me but I do like the halos. The 2SS package is a bigger bang for the buck.
Old 11-10-2012, 02:51 AM   #6
newb

Drives: 2013 1LE
The RS on the SS is mostly the price for the headlights. They are ridiculously priced. The only difference to the wheels is the color. That is why the SS RS price is different from the LT RS price where you are paying for the larger wheels also. Price the GM original HID headlamps and you will see what I mean.

Also the online configure shows the silver wheels on the 1LE with RS but it is wrong. All 1LEs come with the black 10 spoke forged wheels.
It's a Dingledarm. It's there to dampen side fumbling. If your marzelvanes fumble too much they can cause total protonic reversal. It gets ugly from there. This is really the biggest problem with the new Camaro. That and the tri-pronged blivot.

Delivered 21 Jan 2013

newb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 04:25 AM   #7
scubadoo7
Airborne Recondo

Drives: Crystal Red 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by newb View Post
The RS on the SS is mostly the price for the headlights. They are ridiculously priced. The only difference to the wheels is the color. That is why the SS RS price is different from the LT RS price where you are paying for the larger wheels also. Price the GM original HID headlamps and you will see what I mean.

Also the online configure shows the silver wheels on the 1LE with RS but it is wrong. All 1LEs come with the black 10 spoke forged wheels.
scubadoo7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 09:11 AM   #8
LRJet35

Quote:
Originally Posted by newb View Post

Yea I saw that the configurer messes up the wheels when you add both packages.

I guess the question now is how bad do I want those headlights...

How many of you that didn't get the RS package wished you did after the fact? I was looking at the RS vs non RS front ends last night and looks wise I'm still on the fence for the money. I do really like the functionality of the HID lights also though...
Old 11-10-2012, 09:52 AM   #9
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Forme it came down to the fact that adding them later would cost me more in the long run. It is not as simple as just adding Oracle lights as those are made for Camaros with pre-existing RS packages. I also asked my dealer, who has gotten me a lot of parts at cost already such as painted and installed ZL1 Rocker panels for $300, and he quoted me thousands of dollars to add the halos later. It really comes down to if you can afford it and if you can live with having your car for a very long time and possibly always wishing you had the Halos. I plan on keeping my car for a very long time so is worth it to me.
ST1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 10:41 AM   #10
LikaRokBowTie

Drives: 221SS1LE
This bothers me as well I feel the halos should be standard on an SS just like why does the 1SS not get the 4pack guages,and if you did order RS plus 1LE you should get the rims as well maybe sell them to offset the price,it does state that those wheels are a part of the pkg.I would certainly order a lighting pkg.and then the rims and other stuff are not an issue,paying for the RS pkg may be an issue for some not because of price but are you really getting what you need is the dealer handing over the rims or is the 1LE pkg priced with that in consideration
LikaRokBowTie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 10:50 AM   #11
dangjohnny

Drives: ‘21 ZL1 1LE 6MT
If you are going to fully load a 2ss with 1le and rs packages, just look at the zl1's. For another 12k you can get one. A used zl1 is getting close to the same price as a new fully loaded 2ss.
Old 11-10-2012, 10:57 AM   #12
LikaRokBowTie

Drives: 221SS1LE
Not gonna say that's not possible I would think it has a lot to do with where you live,the lowest priced ZL1 near me with 2200 miles is going for 57,000 then with tt&l still over 60k and I priced a 2SS1LE and I would be spending 18,000 less.
LikaRokBowTie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 11:37 AM   #13
GearheadSS

Drives: 23 LT1/22 Colorado TB/69 Chevelle
I would have hard time going to a Camaro that doesn't have HIDs after having three of them that had the RS package. The HIDs are just so much better than the regular halogens. If you drive at night at all, I would opt for the RS package.
GearheadSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 12:19 PM   #14
C586
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by beany323 View Post
thinking of skipping the rs package and getting the lites from oracle. i want the dark rims and i think the black molding on the IOM adds to the look.
Horrible idea. They are junk. Search my name and you will find the thread showing how garbage they are. They glue the bulbs in and skip using clips so you can't replace a bulb without pulling the housing out.
C586 is offline   Reply With Quote