Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 01-26-2013, 11:14 AM   #15
Unreal

Drives: 2006 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by old motorhead View Post
What's up with the hp and tq curves meeting at 6250 rpm? That's a new one on me Somethin' ain't quite right there.
Same reason it always doesn't meet at 5250, the scales for TQ and HP are different. Just look at the sides of the graphs. The left side is shifted up ~25 units or so.
Old 01-26-2013, 05:36 PM   #16
old motorhead

Drives: Maggie blown LS3 vette
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unreal View Post
Same reason it always doesn't meet at 5250, the scales for TQ and HP are different. Just look at the sides of the graphs. The left side is shifted up ~25 units or so.
If a computer can get the tq and hp on the same graph, I wonder why they can't be synced up?
old motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 05:42 PM   #17
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by catalan View Post
Thanks, lots recommended me the LS3 factory Exhaust as the L99 one would strangle the car because it comes with a big rectangle resonator in the middle ..

I found one LS3 Factory Exhaust that was installed on a Camaro which had the gfx body kit, do you think it will fit my car ( with no gfx ) in them? Are they compatible?
I run two 12" resonators on my car. It made no difference in the rwhp.
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 05:55 PM   #18
Unreal

Drives: 2006 Z06
Quote:
If a computer can get the tq and hp on the same graph, I wonder why they can't be synced up?
Just an option you click in the software. That is just up to the dyno operator to set the scales.
Old 01-27-2013, 02:26 PM   #19
catalan

Drives: -
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged SS View Post
I run two 12" resonators on my car. It made no difference in the rwhp.
Thanks to those who recommended me the LS3 factory catback , i might take that option .. But is your car cammed and supercharged with those resonators?

It might not make a difference in rwhp, but would it strangle the car having your L99 catback with a blower and a cam on top of it?

I'm hearing two different opinions here ..

One that tells me that the L99 flows very well, others say that it will reduce the life cycle of my engine as the car won't be able to breath well as the factory catback cannot handle the amount of air produced by the cam and supercharger !

I wonder if it's safe in the long run .. :(
catalan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 03:00 PM   #20
old motorhead

Drives: Maggie blown LS3 vette
Quote:
Thanks to those who recommended me the LS3 factory catback , i might take that option .. But is your car cammed and supercharged with those resonators?

It might not make a difference in rwhp, but would it strangle the car having your L99 catback with a blower and a cam on top of it?

One that tells me that the L99 flows very well, others say that it will reduce the life cycle of my engine as the car won't be able to breath well as the factory catback cannot handle the amount of air produced by the cam and supercharger !

If it makes no difference in rwhp, it's not strangling your motor. Restriction in the exhaust equates to less rwhp. If there's no loss in power, there's no restriction. I'd worry more about the cats if you still have them. They can go from fine to way less than fine in a big hurry. The resonators/mufflers are the same today as they will be tomorrow.
old motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 03:06 PM   #21
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Quote:

Ha, yeah, it's got a little cam. Makes over 750 rwhp and runs 9's on the track. I don't think the resonators are holding the power back,
Old 01-28-2013, 02:21 PM   #22
catalan

Quote:
If it makes no difference in rwhp, it's not strangling your motor. Restriction in the exhaust equates to less rwhp. If there's no loss in power, there's no restriction. I'd worry more about the cats if you still have them. They can go from fine to way less than fine in a big hurry. The resonators/mufflers are the same today as they will be tomorrow.
Right now, I’m on SW Retro Chambered Catback, I have a free air flow from headers till all the way out.

And don’t worry about the cats, I have off roads instead of HighFlowCats. I’ve read enough of those threads and to be in the safe side, I decided to stick with off roads for now.

To be honest, I don’t know if it makes a difference in rwhp, I would definitely assume it will as the car will turn from a free flow 3inch exhaust to a 2.5inch factory L99 exhaust which will create restriction, strangling the car and hence, reducing the life cycle of my engine even if tuned correctly? ( correct me if I’m wrong) some say i will get higher boost but that's a prediction !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged SS View Post
Ha, yeah, it's got a little cam.[IMG]file:///C:\Users\PEPESO~1\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\ 01\clip_image001.gif[/IMG] Makes over 750 rwhp and runs 9's on the track. I don't think the resonators are holding the power back,

Is your 12'' resonators look like that? Would you put that on your supercharged cammed car? and why ?
Attached Images

Old 01-28-2013, 02:24 PM   #23
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Right now, I’m on SW Retro Chambered Catback, I have a free air flow from headers till all the way out.

And don’t worry about the cats, I have off roads instead of HighFlowCats. I’ve read enough of those threads and to be in the safe side, I decided to stick with off roads for now.

To be honest, I don’t know if it makes a difference in rwhp, I would definitely assume it will as the car will turn from a free flow 3inch exhaust to a 2.5inch factory L99 exhaust which will create restriction, strangling the car and hence, reducing the life cycle of my engine even if tuned correctly? ( correct me if I’m wrong) some say i will get higher boost but that's a prediction !

Is your 12'' resonators look like that? Would you put that on your supercharged cammed car? and why ?
They look like little mufflers. They are individual. Not one piece.
Old 02-03-2013, 09:37 AM   #24
catalan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitroman28 View Post
You need a Fuel pump and injectors. You're to close to the edge. I'm running the ZL1 Pump, ADM FPCM and FIC 60ilb injectors and at 600hp. You have the setup for no headers or cam.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ITGuy11 View Post
Like others mentioned you need:
ZL1 pump
ADM FPCM
ID850 Injectors
OD Rear Cog Drive
Tune from Ted
You will be around 635RWHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by VADER SS L99 View Post
I agree with the above. You need more injector regardless of fuel pump, ZL1 fuel pump, ADM FPCM, 8 PSI and a retune. Magnaflow street catback with get the sound almost stock. I know because I have the GT-11 cam, Kooks 1 7/8 headers with high flow cats and a Magnaflow street catback.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmbbl be View Post
my set-up is similiar

L99
Maggie
3.6 pulley
livernois 2c cam ls3 conversion
roto-fab cai
60lb injectors
zl1 feul pump
kooks 1 7/8 headers hf cats
ported heads
magnaflow 3" exhaust

i have 22's on the car and pulled 583rwhp !
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin@PCMofNC View Post
I do a set of 850CC injectors, ZL1 pump, and a rotofab. Those things would likely add 30 rwhp easy.
Not sure about the ADM FPCM but i'll will surely upgrade the pump to a ZL1 pump, go for the 85 lb/hr injectors from FAST (Fuel Air Spark Technology) to stay safe ..

With upgrading the Rear OD ribbed Cogs, i should gain 3psi extra and 1psi from changing the 3.8 to a 3.6 one ..

Since i'm @ 508rwhp and 4.35psi i should gain 4psi extra which will make me @ the 8-9psi range if my not mistaken ??

Do i need anything else to do? Should that be safe with what i'm finally planning to do next? I should not exceed my goal which is 580rwhp.

And thank you all for your feedbacks !!
Old 02-03-2013, 11:15 AM   #25
Ice Demon

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Not sure about the ADM FPCM but i'll will surely upgrade the pump to a ZL1 pump, go for the 85 lb/hr injectors from FAST (Fuel Air Spark Technology) to stay safe ..

With upgrading the Rear OD ribbed Cogs, i should gain 3psi extra and 1psi from changing the 3.8 to a 3.6 one ..

Since i'm @ 508rwhp and 4.35psi i should gain 4psi extra which will make me @ the 8-9psi range if my not mistaken ??

Do i need anything else to do? Should that be safe with what i'm finally planning to do next? I should not exceed my goal which is 580rwhp.

And thank you all for your feedbacks !!
If you upgrade the fuel pump, injectors, cog drive, and pulley like you said above. You should be around 600-620rwhp.

Ice Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 11:16 AM   #26
Jayrcr3

Drives: 2011 IOM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Not sure about the ADM FPCM but i'll will surely upgrade the pump to a ZL1 pump
the ZL1 pump will be useless without the ADM FPCM. I know this from experience and have the data logs to prove it. Its only $200.00, for the controller.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
American Racing 1 7/8" Headers and Hi-Flow Cats, CAI cold air intake, Flowmaster AT exhaust, Vengeance Racing Stage 2 cam, VMax ported throttle body, TEA valve springs and titanium retainers, Trick Flow hardened pushrods, 180* T-stat, Comp Trunion kit, ZL1 Fuel Pump, ADM Fuel Pump Control Module, 20% window tint, Whipple Supercharger. Tuned by Mike Norris Motorsports. 656rwhp/584rwtq @10 PSI.
Jayrcr3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 11:33 AM   #27
Supermaro585HP
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS RS
I have a Edelbrock and just put a 3" pulley and ZL1 pump on with 60# injectors. CAI long tubes and cat back. I have thinking about a cam because I only pulled a 524 RWHP. What can would you guys suggest??
Supermaro585HP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 11:35 AM   #28
Supermaro585HP
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS RS
What is a cog drive??
Supermaro585HP is offline   Reply With Quote