Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

View Poll Results: If offered through GMPP/GM Accessories, would you purchase the longer stripes?
Yes! I want my stripes to end on the front facia and I will pay more for them. 138 60.53%
No. The current hood length stripes are sufficient. 48 21.05%
I am not getting stripes. It does not matter to me, but I just wanted to answer a poll! :p 42 18.42%
Voters: 228. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 12-15-2008, 11:20 AM   #113
josh1147
Delivered 29June09

Drives: Early Order Camaro
Guys, don't you think GM has enough idiots telling them how to run their company (and ours for us stock-holders) without having to listen to us tell them how to design the "nitty-gritty" of their offerings?

Geez, have you forgotten that we are getting the Camaro back???? How about a little sympathy for the Firebird devotees??

Just trying to keep things in perspective.....
Old 12-15-2008, 12:24 PM   #114
Rodrunner

Drives: 2010 SS/RS, '06 350Z
Enough idiots.....maybe.....but certainly not of our caliber!!!!!!
Old 12-26-2008, 07:33 AM   #115
70 COPO
Banned

Drives: Multiple Camaro's
Upon review of current events there is an uproar over ABL here: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...696#post225696

Notably others are going "vocal" on ordering intent or outright intent to cancel yet they are not attacked - as I was in this thread.

The best part is that both issues are cosmetic and I have not yet canceled my order over the short stripes and am willing to give GM a bit of time to get it fixed, yet for ABL people now they are posting they HAVE actually canceled orders and are getting soft glove treatment by the board bullys.

SO....Now I gotta ask....Just where are the stylized fan boy attacks I endured in this thread for weeks over the stripe issue that are now so absent for others on announcing order cancellation over ABL??
Old 12-26-2008, 08:20 AM   #116
Rogue Leader
Iatefiberglassinsulation

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70 COPO View Post
Upon review of current events there is an uproar over ABL here: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...696#post225696

Notably others are going "vocal" on ordering intent or outright intent to cancel yet they are not attacked - as I was in this thread.

The best part is that both issues are cosmetic and I have not yet canceled my order over the short stripes and am willing to give GM a bit of time to get it fixed, yet for ABL people now they are posting they HAVE actually canceled orders and are getting soft glove treatment by the board bullys.

SO....Now I gotta ask....Just where are the stylized fan boy attacks I endured in this thread for weeks over the stripe issue that are now so absent for others on announcing order cancellation over ABL??
UGH you're still beating this dead horse?

Ambient Lighting was a feature that was confirmed to be included with the car. Not a feature that was shown on a 3 year old CONCEPT (Such as the big metal shifter). Now being that its something that the car is supposed to have but wont, but likely later cars will, its understandable to be a bit miffed when they haven't planned to price adjust the car accordingly.

That and everyone is not being a pain in the ass and bringing it up at every opportunity ever created.
2008 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD LT 6.0 - Tow Vehicle
1991 Alfa Romeo 164S - Project Car
1994 Volkswagen Golf - Race Car

"Like" my race team on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/farfrumwinnin
Old 12-26-2008, 09:45 AM   #117
NVMY68SS
Drives #296

Drives: 1968 Camaro SS - 350/5 Speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue Leader View Post
UGH you're still beating this dead horse?

That and everyone is not being a pain in the ass and bringing it up at every opportunity ever created.
Copy that Rogue Leader.......... it seems to be his lot in life......
#296 Delivered 6-1-09 Dynoed 10-3-09 384.56HP 387.65TQ with the bolt-ons listed, no tune.....yet!
Roto-Fab CAI (Install pics here), Doug Thorley Shorties, Flowmaster American Thunder 409S Cat Back Vid
Old 12-26-2008, 09:50 AM   #118
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
This applies here as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtahvit View Post
Ok.

That'll do.

I can appreciate that there are valid concerns and complaints on both sides which is why this thread is allowed to continue. But antagonizing and insulting eachother are the quickest ways to give me the excuse I've been looking for to close this and the many other threads like it.

So, please, keep the personal attacks out of your posts.

Thanks,
Old 12-26-2008, 10:27 AM   #119
70 COPO
Banned

Drives: Multiple Camaro's
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtahvit View Post
This applies here as well.

Thanks for Your support. I am quite confident that the Camaro Brand team wants honest feedback on the product.
Old 12-26-2008, 11:17 AM   #120
Rodrunner

Drives: 2010 SS/RS, '06 350Z
Uh, Copo, I don't think that post was completely in your support.....you may have been a bit.....well.....antagonizing in your former post? Just.....MO
Old 12-26-2008, 11:25 AM   #121
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodrunner View Post
Uh, Copo, I don't think that post was completely in your support.....you may have been a bit.....well.....antagonizing in your former post? Just.....MO
My post was directed at everyone.

We all have to exist with one another here. So we all need to play by the rules and be respectful.

Old 12-26-2008, 11:44 AM   #122
dieseldave24v
PowerStroke this Ford boy

Drives: Like Don Garlits "Big Daddy"

Hey big man let me hold a dollar
Old 12-28-2008, 09:18 PM   #123
littlecammi

Drives: '87 Pontiac Fiero GT
I posted this on 10/26/08 (over two months ago) and no one seemed to even care:

Anyone seen photo of actual rally stripes?

I'm trying to visualize rally stripes on a Camaro SS and I'm a little bit worried. I haven't seen any pictures of a Camaro with the actual rally stripes - just photoshops people have done. And I've read somewhere here on Camaro5 that the rally stripes do NOT extend onto the front fascia at all. The production rally stripes will not be like the stripes on the Bumblebee movie car. And most people doing photoshops extend them onto the fascia, which will not be like actual production. The first gen Camaro Z/28 stripes extended all the way to the nose of the car. And the second gen Z/28 stripes carried onto the fascia (my hugger orange '70-1/2 Z/28 had black stripes like that). I know it will be easier to install the stripes (both at the factory and at various dealers) if they don't have to mess with the gap between the hood and front fascia or the "mail slot" non-functional scoop in the fascia of the SS. But I'm afraid that they made the decision to limit the stripes to the hood (and rear decklid) for those reasons, and the stripes won't look as good as they would have if they were more like the second gen Z/28 stripes. I'm guessing that the few people who order their Camaros without stripes and then have them painted on will extend the stripes onto the front fascia because it will look better. What do you think?
Old 12-28-2008, 09:49 PM   #124
Inspector 17
I love crepes

Drives: 2017 ZL1 NGM A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlecammi View Post
I posted this on 10/26/08 (over two months ago) and no one seemed to even care:

Anyone seen photo of actual rally stripes?
I don't believe there have been any pictures of actual production stripes on an actual car. I believe there are some stripe pictures (CG) from the LPO launch. That's about as good as we have seen so far.
Old 12-28-2008, 10:44 PM   #125
One Mean Chevy
Future Vette Owner (201?)

Drives: A Mobile Road Block
I was going to get strips. However, For now I'm settling on straight Black. If I get strips they must come down to the bumps and will be paint on and custom from a local paint shop.

GM, WILL SURVIVE AND WILL BE BETTER THAN EVER.

2011 Camaro SS (6-Speed) w/RS Package. Its Great to be back in Black and a Chevy Again.

----------------------------
Old 12-29-2008, 01:26 AM   #126
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705

Closed Thread