Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 07-04-2012, 08:15 AM   #743
VTXFrank

Drives: 2011 Mustang GT
I just got through reading the M/T 2013 GT500 review in this months Shelby Memorial issue. Funny things I noticed. None of the things they mentioned in the comparo come out in the actual full review. As a matter of fact, they were quite impressed and very complimentary about the whole car.
Old 07-04-2012, 08:39 AM   #744
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Guess I'll have to dig my copy of MT out of the pile of unread stuff. But even the video is somewhat more complimentary than people are making it sound, as long as you listen to everything.

Norm
Norm Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 08:40 AM   #745
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
They always are frank, btw what's up hahah.

They always love everything about the cars in single reviews, it's when they compare them that they tear into them for anything they can
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 07:18 AM   #746
VTXFrank

Drives: 2011 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post

They always love everything about the cars in single reviews, it's when they compare them that they tear into them for anything they can
Hey brother! And yeah, I agree with you on that one. Just seems tremendously misleading and hypocritical to me.
Old 07-05-2012, 01:21 PM   #747
DanSS24

Drives: Dream Cars in my head
Quote:
Originally Posted by tt335ci03cobra View Post
Ya we all know that but with a budget for a $55k car, those that mod it heavy know what they're getting into and probably already plan to do a monster bullet once the stock motor goes.
I plan on doing just that, but have the bottom end built first and ready for the blow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTXFrank View Post
I just got through reading the M/T 2013 GT500 review in this months Shelby Memorial issue. Funny things I noticed. None of the things they mentioned in the comparo come out in the actual full review. As a matter of fact, they were quite impressed and very complimentary about the whole car.
And you post it on a Camaro forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post

That's the whole point of doing comparisons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTXFrank View Post
Hey brother! And yeah, I agree with you on that one. Just seems tremendously misleading and hypocritical to me.
All you have to do is decide for yourselves what you want. Mags are always misleading from a reader's perception.

Wishful thinking...but I sure can dream big.
DanSS24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 01:28 PM   #748
DanSS24

Drives: Dream Cars in my head
Come on gearheads...are you really concerned about warranties and costs? For one, warranty is done once you drag or track your car, except for the ZL1. If you are a true gearhead...you should not be concerned about warranties. Now if Ford announced they will warranty their GT500 if a customer tracks it, then all good and dandy. All the cars i've owned to this day, have never been honored, because I mod my cars. Chevy will warranty the ZL1 if you track it? That was the best news i've heard in a long time.

Wishful thinking...but I sure can dream big.
DanSS24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 02:34 PM   #749
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanSS24 View Post
I plan on doing just that, but have the bottom end built first and ready for the blow.

And you post it on a Camaro forum.

That's the whole point of doing comparisons.

All you have to do is decide for yourselves what you want. Mags are always misleading from a reader's perception.
I know that's the point of comparisons lol. But the fact is in mt they can be loving every feature of a car in the initial review, then one issue later hate all tho features when it's in a comparison test. The thing that really pisses me off about mt, is sometimes they take preproduction cars to comparison tests. They did it with the new explorers when it first came out
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 04:18 PM   #750
eolson
eolson

Drives: 2006 premium Package Mustang GT cou
A lot of 4.6 liter 2005+ Mustangs with practically stock exhaust with quality 12psi tunes with reasonable ignition timing of 16 and 17 degrees are running strong after being driven hard for over 7 years now with standard twin screws making 470-480rwhp.

A lot of 8 and 10psi set ups carrying less psi, but more ignition timing of 19 and 20, or 21 and more open exhaust to get more HP, more efficiently detonated on Dynos with 470-480 rwhp.

Given the choice, I'd rather be on 12psi with reasonable timing on a twin screw, than on 10psi with more aggressive ignition timing. Erik
2006 Prem Pkg Mustang GT coupe. Saleen SC,10psi, 454rwhp,442rwtq, Complete Steeda/H&R, suspension change out, with weight loss, Techco Watts link, Stoptech big brakes, Race clutch, Alum. flywheel, Alum 1 pc driveshaft, 9x18,10x18 chrome bullit wheels, 285/40/18,255/45/18 nitto 555 tires. 3545 lbs currently. New car scent air freshener.
eolson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 07:41 PM   #751
MBraa3

Drives: 1SS/RS, '11, L99, Rally Yellow
ZL1

Nice. They picked the right car.
MBraa3 is offline   Reply With Quote