Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-10-2011, 09:05 AM   #15
LazyYoYo
Yep, that just happened.

Drives: Norma Jean, '10 Black 1SS/RS
pow!! right in the kisser
Flowmaster American Thunder Catback
BMR Stage 1
JRE Tune
LazyYoYo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 11:12 AM   #16
PercyJWellingtonIII
Account Suspended

Drives: pontiac
Since you bring this up this is what happened to me. Before I got my Camaro, I was going to rent one from Hertz for few days to see how I liked it so I called up Hertz and a woman picked up. I told her I wanted prices on renting a Camaro. So I could tell in her next response she was trying to impress me as if she was a car person and knew her sh!t about what she was talking about. Her next question back to me was did I want the Hemi model. I politely explained to her I wanted a Camaro and they don't come with Hemis. She strongly said I was wrong because said she has seen them parked in the lot and said Hemi on the side. I tried to tell her they were probably Challengers but she became annoyed and insisted they were Camaros. At that time I wanted to reach through the phone and grab her neck, not for being ignorant but for insisting on not being corrected. At that time I just let it go and decided that arging with someone who couldn't figure out what was on the lot wasn't worth the time. Just as well i got my car anyway without renting one.
PercyJWellingtonIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 11:18 AM   #17
PercyJWellingtonIII
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandog View Post
My daughter is a waitress and was waiting on a neighbor the other night. He asked her "How does your dad like his new Mustang?" The guys 18 yr. old son jumps in "Dad it's NOT a Mustang, it's a CAMARO!"
-----------------
If the kids on 18 then the fathr must be in his 40s or 50s at least. He should know the diifference between a Mustang or Camaro. I could see if he was in his 80s or 90s and his vision was failing. Oh well maybe the dad is kind of young in his 30s and was weened on Civics, corollas and Nissans. I forgot about those types.
Old 04-10-2011, 11:31 AM   #18
Chevy.5GC

Drives: 2010 Camaro
My boss thought I had a black mustang when I first got my car too.
I don't understand why or how people get Camaro's confused with mustangs??
Chevy.5GC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 11:33 AM   #19
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS

"Tops off, tach up baby- loud and proud!"
A Camaro lover from day one- 1996 3.8 V6 Camaro, to 1996 5.7 LT1 Camaro Z28, to the sold 2002 5.7 LS1 Camaro SS, and NOW, a [I]6.2 L99 VR 2SS/RS: XS Power stainless full exhaust, Airaid CAI, BMR drop springs and sways, custom tune by Cal Speed- 411rwhp
Revo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 11:34 AM   #20
tooslow
Banned

Drives: 4 Wheels, Gasoline Engine
Quote:
Originally Posted by INTIMIDAT3R View Post
Before I could say anything, her co-worker(a blonde and in high school) corrects her loudly, "That's a Camaro, not a @#$%ing Ford!!!"*

...and a child shall lead them.
I'm not sure I would want to frequent a place where the help curses in front of the customers. Seems like bad business.:(
tooslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 11:37 AM   #21
chozn4service

Drives: 2016 SS w/2SS A8 Blue Velvet
That's pretty good! My buddy has a neighbor who's been wanting a new car and when saw me visiting him, she hit him on txt msg and said she like the car. He told her to come down and take a luck and that I really had it fixed up nicely! She wonders down and looks Too Precious over and says " Does it have a Hemi?" I said no, they don't come with Hemi's. She then proceeds to tell me "Yes they do, I want one that has a Hemi." I then told her since she knows more about the CAMARO than a man who's owned one for 15mo's, I'll let her do her own research. Thank you very much! She's the type that would look under the hood and wonder what 710 means.
Old 04-10-2011, 11:38 AM   #22
INTIMIDAT3R
Account Suspended

Drives: '11 2SS/RS L99, '12 2LS LFX
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackinBlackSS/RS View Post
Wait just a damn minute. You had Blizzards in your Camaro????
Yes, but we sat in the parking lot eating them. Plus "Deuce" has been Scotch Guarded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooslow View Post
I'm not sure I would want to frequent a place where the help curses in front of the customers. Seems like bad business.:(
Been going there for years, so my wife and I are like family and I was the only one in the place.

I just smile when I think about the blonde gal jumping in before I could say anything.

There is hope for the younger generation.
INTIMIDAT3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 11:41 AM   #23
lurker

Drives: 2013 Challenger SXT Redline
People that don't recognize the difference is probably even more disturbing to us Mustang owners.

There's a whole lot of Camaros where I am, and a whole lot of Mustangs... so neither really 'stand out' unless there's something extra special about the particular car.
lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 12:15 PM   #24
mfr1950

Drives: 2011 challengerR/T , 2010 Ram R/T
Took the Dodge Ram to Arby's a few weeks ago, the guy at the window complimented me on the Ford, I swear some people just can't read.......
mfr1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 12:19 PM   #25
Lucky SOB

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Old 04-10-2011, 12:19 PM   #26
shl4Z28

Drives: 2012 Nissan Xterra Pro-4x
Quote:
Originally Posted by stikSS View Post
You should've punched her in the boob...
shl4Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 12:23 PM   #27
PercyJWellingtonIII
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by chozn4service View Post
That's pretty good! My buddy has a neighbor who's been wanting a new car and when saw me visiting him, she hit him on txt msg and said she like the car. He told her to come down and take a luck and that I really had it fixed up nicely! She wonders down and looks Too Precious over and says " Does it have a Hemi?" I said no, they don't come with Hemi's. She then proceeds to tell me "Yes they do, I want one that has a Hemi." I then told her since she knows more about the CAMARO than a man who's owned one for 15mo's, I'll let her do her own research. Thank you very much! She's the type that would look under the hood and wonder what 710 means.
================

Does she work at Hertz Rental car?? See my post.
Old 04-10-2011, 01:21 PM   #28
cam fan

Drives: fast
i feel like there are key car names the resound in the public's mind and our car's name isn't 1 of those

aka...to many, all trucks are jeeps (ironic too)