Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 11-19-2012, 07:06 AM   #1
Jonster

Drives: 18 2SS Vert Hotwheels
Help me buy my new camaro!

So I am planning on buying a new IOM 2LT A6 convertible sometime this week.
My plan to fully load it with:
RS package
Heritage Grill
Argent color Ground Effects
Rally & Hockey stripe
IOM interior

Right now the chevy website would quote me at 41,970 MSRP.
True car puts the average invoice around 40,000.

Is this what I should expect the invoice to be when I ask at the dealership? Anyone have knowledge of internet invoices vs actual invoices?

Thanks!!! I want this car so bad.
Jonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 07:58 AM   #2
partymn

Drives: 2014 1ss 1LE
"Right now the chevy website would quote me at 41,970 MSRP"

Dang, I didnt realize that a decked out V6 cost that much. Shop around at the dealerships some more, I paid less then that for my decked out 2SS with all the above except Heritage grill and Argent grount effects. I bought mine while I was still in Hawaii so you should be able to get it alot cheaper in North Carolina. What dealership did you go to?
Old 11-19-2012, 08:19 AM   #3
Jonster

So far I have only been to City Chevrolet to test drive cars. I haven't really discussed pricing with them just yet. I want to be armed with some ammo before i just talk out my ass with no facts as to what I should pay.

I am also a Costco member and know I can buy a car at invoice straight up. So hopefully that will put the dealerships in a position to get it pretty low for me.
Old 11-19-2012, 08:19 AM   #4
partymn

http://www.randymarionchevy.net/Vehi...-NC/1847977613

http://www.earnhardtchevy.com/Vehicl...-NC/1814589343

http://www.earnhardtchevy.com/Vehicl...-NC/1804759013

http://www.randymarionstatesville.co...-NC/1818429763

or if you really want to spend 40K you can stop talking about the 2LT and move up.

http://www.randymarionchevy.net/Vehi...-NC/1851220383

Time to get off the internet and go out to the dealers. Get an idea of what you are willing to spend, find the car that you want and offer 8K below what ever they are asking and go from there. Your target price should be invoice which you can find at edmounds.com. Good luck and let us know what you get.
Old 11-19-2012, 08:24 AM   #5
partymn

I wish you would have posted this on friday, I was in your area and could have helped you out with the dealerships. I used to do this for my younger guys in the military, its really fun. Most sales managers are good people, they are just looking out for the bottom line of the dealership. If you work with them they will work with you.
Old 11-19-2012, 08:29 AM   #6
Jonster

Quote:
Originally Posted by partymn View Post
I wish you would have posted this on friday, I was in your area and could have helped you out with the dealerships. I used to do this for my younger guys in the military, its really fun. Most sales managers are good people, they are just looking out for the bottom line of the dealership. If you work with them they will work with you.
awe damn hah. come back!

Thanks for all the info!

I decided to go with the LT because I am really buying the camaro for the cosmetics more than performance. I do want some power though, don't get me wrong. If I had the money I would easily go for the exact car in 2ss form, but that is just way out of my price range and a used doesn't exist anywhere near me.

I'll start calling around and see what I can get and update.

Edit: Keep in mind this is a convertible
Old 11-19-2012, 08:36 AM   #7
partymn

Some times you have to go out a 100 miles from where you are to find the best deals. If you can save 300 by going 100 miles away and only spend 100 getting there and back then its worth it. Plus I love road trips.

I will be back in two weeks I think well 100 miles away I think. I am planning to go to fayetteville drag way ina couple of weeks. Their are some pretty damn good deals in that area as well.
Old 11-19-2012, 03:58 PM   #8
Jonster

after talking with the dealers...most of them are saying "its gonna be hard to get any new car under invoice..." I find that to be bullshit.
Old 11-19-2012, 04:45 PM   #9
DagoCountyGee

Drives: '15 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonster View Post
So far I have only been to City Chevrolet to test drive cars. I haven't really discussed pricing with them just yet. I want to be armed with some ammo before i just talk out my ass with no facts as to what I should pay.

I am also a Costco member and know I can buy a car at invoice straight up. So hopefully that will put the dealerships in a position to get it pretty low for me.

Do you have to sign up for something at Costco or do you just tell the dealer you are a Costco member?
DagoCountyGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 05:01 PM   #10
CHMSC
ROAD COURSE JUNKIE

Drives: 2012 SS/RS LS3
I got my SS for less than that. If I were you I would just get an SS. I have seen several dealerships offer SS for cheaper than MSRP. If you have to have the V6 then shop around on the Internet, you may have to travel a little but the savings may be worth it.
Old 11-19-2012, 05:27 PM   #11
kevin1106

Drives: 2015 ZO6 3LZ Stage 2 A8
Got my SS for 38 out the door.... Get a v8 man.... Nothing against the v6 owners. But every v6 owner that upgraded to an SS wish the bought the v8 in the first place.. JMO...

At that price your getting quoted... Why not?
kevin1106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 07:42 PM   #12
SPCBA

Drives: pleather and Chiclets
40k holy cow! I bet you you can buy that blue tjin edition sema Camaro.
SPCBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 07:48 PM   #13
SPCBA

Drives: pleather and Chiclets
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=182082

Offer him 40k. His asking price will be close to your "true car" value after taxes and title.
SPCBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 08:00 AM   #14
Jonster

I would love an SS, but honestly everything I found is out of my price range or is 1000+ miles away. Keeping in mind I want a convertible. I have always wanted a convertible and a camaro looks awesome, that that is my first feature I want.

I am also being very specific with my picks. I absolutely love IOM w/ IOM interior. After checking online, there isn't many V6 or v8 with that selection as a convertible. Most of the 2ss's are way out of my price range.

Things to keep in mind: I have a car to trade in, which makes things iffy. I will definitely keep my options open though for what may arise.