Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 10-25-2013, 05:01 PM   #43
cornerspeed92

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE
The story is sad yes,but the cop didn't have to kill the "child" if he felt his life was in danger,then just wound him if you have to shoot.This brought up an unhappy memory.My step dad was(and obviously didn't like me) a cop,and he used to like to open up my door when i was sleeping,and shoot me with a BB gun while i slept,apparently my white ass was just a target to him,i found 5 BB's in my waterbed when i moved out.Thankfully he died a painful cancer death,and no i dont like cops!!!!!!
Old 10-25-2013, 05:03 PM   #44
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by cornerspeed92 View Post
The story is sad yes,but the cop didn't have to kill the "child" if he felt his life was in danger,then just wound him if you have to shoot.This brought up an unhappy memory.My step dad was(and obviously didn't like me) a cop,and he used to like to open up my door when i was sleeping,and shoot me with a BB gun while i slept,apparently my white ass was just a target to him,i found 5 BB's in my waterbed when i moved out.Thankfully he died a painful cancer death,and no i dont like cops!!!!!!
A guy aims an AK-47 at your face and you're going to wound him?

Pfft.
Old 10-25-2013, 05:04 PM   #45
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post

Pfft.
Old 10-25-2013, 05:29 PM   #46
real deal 101

Drives: Navy baby
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post

Pfft.
Understandable but that's not the case.
The person yielding the "weapon" was a child and clearly had the frame and body of a 13 year old kid.
That's the factor that's being ignored on here. The kid wasn't a 18 year old with the build of that of an adult. Wearing a hoodie and holding a gun was plain stupid but the cops should of analyzed the situation properly. I'm pretty sure police officers go thru extensive training in analyzing the various situations just like they do when firing to kill.

Let the bashing on MY opinion begin.
real deal 101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 05:31 PM   #47
Leo_black

Drives: 2013 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by cornerspeed92 View Post
Do you honestly think you can accurately hit a target no more than half a foot (let's say arm or leg where there's no vital organs) in order to wound and disable but not kill? No matter who you are, when you're in a firefight you don't think to wound. You shoot to stop the assailant no matter what.

Bottom line, kid's fault. He wore a hoodie, with a fake AK and a fake pistol stuffed down his pants. Even if he didn't intend to do anything wrong, not saying he did, it was his choice of what to wear and to look unsavory. His parents choice to give him a fake gun when he's so obviously irresponsible.

Hindsight is 20/20 but most people would've blamed the officers if the boys gun was real. If the AK was real, he turned around and shot the officers, or even if they wounded him, he went down and still had the AK in reach and fired. That AK will tear up a standard police vest. Yet most everyone would've blamed the officers for not shooting or for just wounding him.

Last edited by Leo_black; 10-25-2013 at 05:47 PM.
Leo_black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 05:51 PM   #48
2012-1822

Drives: Black ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by real deal 101 View Post
clearly had the frame and body of a 13 year old kid.
I'm trying to figure out what that means. Seriously, people come in different shapes and sizes. So you can certainly have a young person who is short and thin, but you can also have a young person who is 6 foot and 170 lbs just as much as you can have a 30 year old who is 5 foot and 120 lbs.

I have my own issues and opinions about cops, but these cops aren't to blame here. They did what they had to do. Blame the parents if you want. I don't want to blame manufacturers for some people's actions, but blame them if you want. You can go so far as to blame the city policies that the cops operate under, although if suddenly you tell cops they cannot defend their own lives then I think you'll have a bunch of cops who quit and then where will you be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jewel25 View Post
I was worried this thread was going to get shut down fast but I am glad people are discussing the topic like adults.
me too
Old 10-25-2013, 05:57 PM   #49
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Drives: 1970 Buick, 2012 1SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIM3 View Post
Probably the only one that thinks this but shouldn't have the officers fired either a warning or a none fatal body shot ?
A lot of people seem to think along these lines.

A warning shot. Or maybe shot in the foot. Or maybe, shoot the gun out of his hands.

I'm not sure what your experience is with firearms and I'm not trying to make you look dumb or childish. Warning shots and 'non-fatal' wounding shots are from the movies and TV.

A warning shot can get a cop killed dead. And so can a "wounding" shot. And then too, where does that warning shot bullet go? It doesn't disappear. When they pull their guns, they mean it. And they should mean it.
Old 10-25-2013, 05:58 PM   #50
BAD DAB

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black & Silver
You have to ask yourself, what was he up to with a fake AK-47 and a fake pistol in his pants?

STAINLESS WORKS HEADERS-TUNED BY JANNETTY RACING-C.A.I. INTAKE-TAYLOR 409 WIRES-SOLO AXLE BACK EXHAUST-ELITE CATCH CAN
BAD DAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 06:05 PM   #51
midnighter
Account Suspended

Drives: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jus1dab View Post
You have to ask yourself, what was he up to with a fake AK-47 and a fake pistol in his pants?
Exactly. Those are nothing but trouble.
midnighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 06:11 PM   #52
LIM3
it's mind bottling..

Drives: SGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisBlair View Post
A lot of people seem to think along these lines.

A warning shot. Or maybe shot in the foot. Or maybe, shoot the gun out of his hands.

I'm not sure what your experience is with firearms and I'm not trying to make you look dumb or childish. Warning shots and 'non-fatal' wounding shots are from the movies and TV.

A warning shot can get a cop killed dead. And so can a "wounding" shot. And then too, where does that warning shot bullet go? It doesn't disappear. When they pull their guns, they mean it. And they should mean it.
I actually haven't seen a movie like that but thanks for your input.
I was simply posting my opinion or idea but it seems some people misunderstood my position in this thread and might of became offended.

This thread is becoming more ridiculous by the post.
Have a great Friday night everyone.
Old 10-25-2013, 06:17 PM   #53
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by midnighter View Post
Exactly. Those are nothing but trouble.
Please, I have played airsoft with my friends plenty of times.

The real issue is cops treat everyone as a threat and shoot first and ask questions later.

I read a report that said the cops shot 6 seconds after ordering the kid to drop the airsoft rifle. If someone behind me yelled at me, the first thing I would do is turn around.
Bhobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 06:20 PM   #54
31B

Drives: 2014 Black 1SS A6
Send a message via Yahoo to 31B
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIM3 View Post
Probably the only one that thinks this but shouldn't have the officers fired either a warning or a none fatal body shot ?
Hitting an arm or leg or attempting a disabling shot is not that easy. People are trained to aim for the largest part of the body, the torso. It's easy to say why didn't he hit him in one place or another but when your adrenaline is going and under high stress conditions it is not that easy to hit a target even one as large as the torso. This is why you will get people less than five feet from one another empty weapons at each other and not a single hit.

And as far as warning shots they don't do them because there is always that chance that the shot will strike someone else
31B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 06:22 PM   #55
31B

Drives: 2014 Black 1SS A6
Send a message via Yahoo to 31B
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
Please, I have played airsoft with my friends plenty of times.

The real issue is cops treat everyone as a threat and shoot first and ask questions later.

I read a report that said the cops shot 6 seconds after ordering the kid to drop the airsoft rifle. If someone behind me yelled at me, the first thing I would do is turn around.
Six seconds is an eternity especially when someone has what you may believe is something that may kill you.
31B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 06:24 PM   #56
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Well the report says the police ask for him to drop the weapon twice.