Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

sjm autoprod
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 02-17-2017, 01:02 PM   #15
Moreair1

Drives: 2011 ss convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradySS View Post
Track I think the supercharger would be better. You would think the Turbos would be quicker at the track but i always see the twin screws and centri blowers running them down with less power.

Crazy thing is you would think up here in Utah the turbos would win by default because of are altitude being so high but its still the guys with the blowers running quicker.

I struggled with this problem for quite a long time trying to decide what to spend my money on for a car that I just drag race and I decided to just spray the car. I dont know if its because are single turbo setups for are cars have a 3" down pipe and its just to much restriction or because of the twins being mid mount and they just dont do as well.
It's all on set up, turbo cars take more time to set up properly for track use (and there is a lot less of them compared to sc cars), an example is dreksnot he is on stock bottom end with a agp kit and he runs neck to neck with a forged sc car that also runs a hefty shot of NOS, and he is a manual as well, plus this is a daily driver vs the 2 sc cars that can run with him are trailered,

Last edited by Moreair1; 02-17-2017 at 01:17 PM.
Moreair1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 04:59 PM   #16
AGP Turbo

Drives: All things Turbocharged
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradySS View Post
Track I think the supercharger would be better. You would think the Turbos would be quicker at the track but i always see the twin screws and centri blowers running them down with less power.

Crazy thing is you would think up here in Utah the turbos would win by default because of are altitude being so high but its still the guys with the blowers running quicker.

I struggled with this problem for quite a long time trying to decide what to spend my money on for a car that I just drag race and I decided to just spray the car. I dont know if its because are single turbo setups for are cars have a 3" down pipe and its just to much restriction or because of the twins being mid mount and they just dont do as well.

I don't see that happening with our turbo kit and if it is, the owner needs to work on his set up. Turbo car's done right pull away on top end every time. Never seen it go the other way once.

We make more hp on 100% stock LS3 than a TVS2300 can make on a $25,000 LSX
AGP Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 05:42 PM   #17
dreksnot
Served USN - Atomic Chimp

Drives: 2013 Camaro TT/SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGP Turbo View Post
I don't see that happening with our turbo kit and if it is, the owner needs to work on his set up. Turbo car's done right pull away on top end every time. Never seen it go the other way once.
Yup. Matching peak SC(HP)-to-TT(HP) is a comparison fun to experience. Not to say anyone is slower than anyone else, but it's all about area-under-the-curve during the power band (racing RPMs). The more area, the more power. Do the "on paper" comparison yourself, then experience it at the track.
Twin Fuel | KB BAP | Monster LT1-S Triple | 3.23 ZL1 w/Delrin & poly bushings | DSS CF driveshaft | ZL1 axles | Hurst Line Lock | MGW Short Throw w/old skool Hurst T-handle | ADM solid subframe mounts | Prothane Motor Mounts | Revshift Poly Trans insert | BMR Trailing Arms/Toe Rods + Front & Rear adjustable Sways
dreksnot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 07:42 PM   #18
caper

Drives: 2010 IOM 2ss/RS
noticed youre in socal...you might want to keep in mind CARB legal...i did, and that ruled out some options.
Turbonetics running 8lbs boost at 563/559 tuned by Cunningham installed by K&M w/cat-muffler delete, ACS splitter, Fesler GFX, MPD1 spoiler, Custom painted Rally stripes, Cordon CR1 wheels 275/315s, Hotchkiss comp sways and end links, Barton shifter
caper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 01:13 AM   #19
danny03cobra

Drives: 2011 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by caper View Post
noticed youre in socal...you might want to keep in mind CARB legal...i did, and that ruled out some options.
i was looking into the turbonetics kit also, nut TT is very tempting. TT prob spools much faster also.
danny03cobra is offline   Reply With Quote