Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 01-01-2009, 07:45 PM   #1
1967rsss

Drives: 67, 68, 88, 98, 10, 12 ZL1 Camaros
Questions about ordering

I'm new to the forum, but have been reading for a while now. Im going to be ordering in the next couple of days and wanted some input.

I will be ordering a 2SS, RS, Auto, stripes (black), and front floor mats.

Should I be ordering or thinking about any other options? If so why?

I thought they were offering competion grey for the wheels, but I don't see it listed any where.

I also see that 10,000 have been pre ordered and wanted to know if build date will be based on when you ordered or dealer position. I have found a dealer where I would be first on his allocation, and want to know if it is possible that I would receive it sooner if I ordered through him. The reason I ask is I can get a better price from another dealer, but wouldn't be first on his list.

Thank you for your response.
1967rsss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 07:51 PM   #2
dieseldave24v
PowerStroke this Ford boy

Drives: Like Don Garlits "Big Daddy"
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1967rsss View Post
I'm new to the forum, but have been reading for a while now. Im going to be ordering in the next couple of days and wanted some input.

I will be ordering a 2SS, RS, Auto, stripes (black), and front floor mats.

Should I be ordering or thinking about any other options? If so why?

I thought they were offering competion grey for the wheels, but I don't see it listed any where.

I also see that 10,000 have been pre ordered and wanted to know if build date will be based on when you ordered or dealer position. I have found a dealer where I would be first on his allocation, and want to know if it is possible that I would receive it sooner if I ordered through him. The reason I ask is I can get a better price from another dealer, but wouldn't be first on his list.

Thank you for your response.

Welcome,
All the options you listed is about all you can get, with the exception of 21" rims, sunroof, and ground effects. Your dealer will not be able to tell you when your going to get your car. There are over 10K on order. Production will start Feb 16th if there are no delays. I wouldnt expect it before July if I were you. MAKE SURE you get a copy of the work order bench from the dealer and make sure it has a order number on it. If you dont have that then it isnt on order. Also dont pay over MSRP there are many dealers selling at or below MSRP. There are no comp grey wheels, but midnight silver comes with the RS package, you can upgrade that to polished wheels if you desire.

Hey big man let me hold a dollar
dieseldave24v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 07:56 PM   #3
UCF w00t
Geek

Drives: IOM 2010 Camaro 2SS
Yes, if you're 1st at one dealer vs 10th at another you will receive your car sooner if you go with the former, considering they both have the same allotment. Position at a given dealer does matter.
UCF w00t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 07:58 PM   #4
Inspector 17
I love crepes

Drives: 2017 ZL1 NGM A10
Welcome! I think Dave summed it up, but you might want to consider the catback exhaust and air intake. Those are both dealer installed, but still worth thinking about now. Also, I would search on here for the ordering guide (if you haven't seen it already) as well as the "who's ordered..." thread to see what others are doing. Might search the "MSRP or less" thread and the one that talks about when people ordered and when they think they will get their car. Enjoy!
Inspector 17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 08:09 PM   #5
1967rsss

Thanks guys. My thought were, if Im not getting the car till summer, Im not paying sticker. I will negotiate a better price. I would only be willing to pay sticker for early delivery, March/April.

So your feeling is that they will be delivering based on when you ordered, and not what number at the dealer.

Obviously I should get the first one at my dealer if I'm #1, but the person who ordered before me who may be #4 at his dealer, will get built/delivered first.
Old 01-01-2009, 08:13 PM   #6
1967rsss

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaropete View Post
Welcome! I think Dave summed it up, but you might want to consider the catback exhaust and air intake. Those are both dealer installed, but still worth thinking about now. Also, I would search on here for the ordering guide (if you haven't seen it already) as well as the "who's ordered..." thread to see what others are doing. Might search the "MSRP or less" thread and the one that talks about when people ordered and when they think they will get their car. Enjoy!
Thanks. I will be adding my own air intake and exhaust.

I owned an LS based performance shop for 11 years, and know from experience, that there is/will be better parts available than from the dealer. My wife can't drive stick, so I will get the auto and add twin turbos over the winter.
Old 01-01-2009, 08:16 PM   #7
dieseldave24v

Quote:
Thanks. I will be adding my own air intake and exhaust.

I owned an LS based performance shop for 11 years, and know from experience, that there is/will be better parts available than from the dealer. My wife can't drive stick, so I will get the auto and add twin turbos over the winter.

Thats all the more reason to get a stick if you ask me...

Old 01-01-2009, 08:21 PM   #8
NUCAR

Drives: 68 big block
Quote:
Thanks guys. My thought were, if Im not getting the car till summer, Im not paying sticker. I will negotiate a better price. I would only be willing to pay sticker for early delivery, March/April.

So your feeling is that they will be delivering based on when you ordered, and not what number at the dealer.

Obviously I should get the first one at my dealer if I'm #1, but the person who ordered before me who may be #4 at his dealer, will get built/delivered first.
Not necessarily. The timing depends first on the timing of the dealership's allocation from GM and then on your position in the dealership's queue . A larger dealer may get preference over a smaller store, geographic areas may be preferenced to generate media buzz and so on. Timing depends on a lot of factors which are unknown to us mortals at this time
NUCAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 08:23 PM   #9
1967rsss

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieseldave24v View Post
Thats all the more reason to get a stick if you ask me...
Turbos love autos, and the auto is a real strong unit. It's a lot stronger than the old 4L60E.

Or were you talking about the wife!

I have a C5 M6 right now and have been trying to get the wife to get used to it, but she really doesn't like it. And I have to let her drive it some of the time. I usual just mod the car until it scares her to drive it.

She's wanted this car from the time they announced it. I was going to wait a year, but it looks too good to wait.

Last edited by 1967rsss; 01-01-2009 at 08:26 PM. Reason: typo
Old 01-01-2009, 08:25 PM   #10
dieseldave24v

The wife of coarse

Old 01-01-2009, 08:30 PM   #11
UCF w00t
Geek

Quote:

No. If both dealers have the same allotment, all people (including those in front of him) order 2SS's, you'll get the car before the #4 guy even if he ordered it a month before you.
Old 01-01-2009, 08:44 PM   #12
1967rsss

Quote:
Originally Posted by UCF w00t View Post
No. If both dealers have the same allotment, all people (including those in front of him) order 2SS's, you'll get the car before the #4 guy even if he ordered it a month before you.
Thanks thats exactly what I was wondering. So if I want it sooner, pay a little more and get the #1 spot at the one dealer.

Just don't want to pay more, if it's not going to make a difference in delivery
Old 01-01-2009, 08:52 PM   #13
UCF w00t
Geek

Quote:
Thanks thats exactly what I was wondering. So if I want it sooner, pay a little more and get the #1 spot at the one dealer.

Just don't want to pay more, if it's not going to make a difference in delivery
But please note all the caveats. For example, if #4's dealer has 50 allotted, he may get his even though he's #4 before #1 at a dealer with only 5 allotted. Also, if #4 ordered a 1LT, he might get his before #1 who ordered a 2SS if there's constraints on SS's. There really is no way to know all of the factors but you are more likely to get the car earler if you're #1 at a dealer than #4 at another.