Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 07-28-2013, 06:16 PM   #1
08chevyjm

Drives: 2011 black silverado & 2011 camaro
Need Help with performance

Hey, i have a 2011 Chevy Camaro SS l99(auto) and was wondering what all i gotta do to make 800RWP? any suggestions on which way to choose? Dont care about money here. Just want some advise cause i plan on going twin turbo and i want to know what i need to do to hold that 800RWP as in what transmission, axels, engine stuff i should get to maintain the Twin turbos i will most likely get soon.

Thank you all.
Josh
Old 07-28-2013, 06:32 PM   #2
CBRpilot

Drives: 2012 SS
I can't speak for the required drivetrain upgrades that you'll need, but engine-wise...if money REALLY isn't an option, why not go with a bullet proof 427 and TT's? You could keep the boost relatively low and always have room to up the boost with a new tune. I see you live in Houston, if you end up going for the gold I'd love to see the car in person
CBRpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 07:11 PM   #3
Avenging Orange

Drives: 2010 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS
I dunno, Call Hennessey?
2010 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS M6 Black Leather, Sun Roof, OBX Headers, Borla touring axle back, Cold Air Inductions CAI , non synthetic fluids, BMR total bushing upgrade/1" lowering springs, DSE 32mm rear sway bar. GM fe4 shocks/struts/LCA's, AAM 3.91 diff, Vertini RFS1.8 20x9 +30. Conti ExtremeContact Sport 275/35/20. sjm autoprod ABL dash kit. Mike Norris tuned 413/419.
Avenging Orange: 43 years of not buying into the Hype........and damn proud of it!!
https://youtu.be/9JD9it6SmB8
https://youtu.be/xmelTlEzI34
KICKING CANCERS ASS SINCE 2015!!
Avenging Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 07:18 PM   #4
litle88
V8 Lounge member #2

Drives: 2001 Ws6
This was on a mustang dyno 780hp with 15lbs and a 895 on a dynojet.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...=281091&page=2
2001 ws6, 40k miles, Ls3 416 stroker, short block built by PER the rest by me. LPE Ls3 heads milled to 12-1 comp, FAST 102, NW 102, kooks 2", dual DMH cutouts, Magnaflow C/B, BTR cam + springs. Full UMI suspension.
litle88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 07:18 PM   #5
litle88
V8 Lounge member #2

Drives: 2001 Ws6
Hennessy isint the answer.
2001 ws6, 40k miles, Ls3 416 stroker, short block built by PER the rest by me. LPE Ls3 heads milled to 12-1 comp, FAST 102, NW 102, kooks 2", dual DMH cutouts, Magnaflow C/B, BTR cam + springs. Full UMI suspension.
litle88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 07:41 PM   #6
08chevyjm

Drives: 2011 black silverado & 2011 camaro
yeah, not hennessy, they are way way too much for their complete upgrades. I dont want to buy a whole new engine either.. so the 427 is not a option to me. but thanks guys. Hopefully i get some better advise please.
Old 07-28-2013, 07:44 PM   #7
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
What's your budget? Unlimited?

Take what you want to spend and work backwards.
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 08:01 PM   #8
LS3 SS

Drives: 2010 Cyber Grey Camaro SS (LS3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08chevyjm View Post
yeah, not hennessy, they are way way too much for their complete upgrades. I dont want to buy a whole new engine either.. so the 427 is not a option to me. but thanks guys. Hopefully i get some better advise please.
If buying a whole new engine isn't an option to you, do you plan on reaching 800rwhp (through an auto mind you) with stock internals? Even if you decide to pull the motor and drop forged rods/pistons in, you're essentially "Changing" your motor for what you will pay in machine work/parts/labor.
Old 07-28-2013, 08:03 PM   #9
CBRpilot

Drives: 2012 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08chevyjm View Post
You said money isn't an option. I suggested a good starting point. If you're set on TT then you'll need all the basic required upgrades as well. Heads/cam, LT's, full exhaust, stronger top end, built trans, stall if you're automatic, upgraded fuel pump/injectors, plugs/wires, tune, and whatever suspension you deem necessary. I am a noob when it comes to 5th gen drive train. I'd say a 9" or Moser 12 bolt but is assume some seriously strong half shafts are in order. Meatier tires, LCA's (if these new rear suspension setups can even use them) and lastly, some nice SFC's.
CBRpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 08:08 PM   #10
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBRpilot View Post
You said money isn't an option. I suggested a good starting point. If you're set on TT then you'll need all the basic required upgrades as well. Heads/cam, LT's, full exhaust, stronger top end, built trans, stall if you're automatic, upgraded fuel pump/injectors, plugs/wires, tune, and whatever suspension you deem necessary. I am a noob when it comes to 5th gen drive train. I'd say a 9" or Moser 12 bolt but is assume some seriously strong half shafts are in order. Meatier tires, LCA's (if these new rear suspension setups can even use them) and lastly, some nice SFC's.
It's cheaper and easier to but a car already built.

Have you ever noticed everyone that says money doesnt matter is full of it. Those are the people with the shortest arms! People with money never talk about it.

Money always matters. Doesn't matter who you are.
Old 07-28-2013, 08:53 PM   #11
RA1987

Drives: SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged SS View Post
It's cheaper and easier to but a car already built.

Have you ever noticed everyone that says money doesnt matter is full of it. Those are the people with the shortest arms! People with money never talk about it.

Money always matters. Doesn't matter who you are.
^^^ this

Go get a Veyron if money is not an issue.
RA1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 09:01 PM   #12
daveagogo1
TRI COUNTY TAMPA

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS VR/BLK A6
What you plan to do with the car once you reach 800rwhp will have a huge impact on what you should replace. You can get by with much less if just for the weekend cruise and show than a drag king.

I also agree with Supercharged. Money always matters. I personally know three guys on the fastest list who spent a brinks truckload of cash to achieve huge numbers and keep them going and all three have since sold their cars and moved on to another model or platform.

Hell, you can buy G200 pilots car right now for a TON less than he dumped into it and it's a pretty ridiculously fast 5th gen.

daveagogo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 09:06 PM   #13
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveagogo1 View Post
What you plan to do with the car once you reach 800rwhp will have a huge impact on what you should replace. You can get by with much less if just for the weekend cruise and show than a drag king.

I also agree with Supercharged. Money always matters. I personally know three guys on the fastest list who spent a brinks truckload of cash to achieve huge numbers and keep them going and all three have since sold their cars and moved on to another model or platform.

Hell, you can buy G200 pilots car right now for a TON less than he dumped into it and it's a pretty ridiculously fast 5th gen.
If I wanted a bad ass, fast as f#*k, 5th gen George's car is a great deal! Prob save yourself $60k, a years downtime, and a ton of headaches.

Don't forget your also going to need lots of money to keep these things going!
Old 07-28-2013, 09:14 PM   #14
daveagogo1
TRI COUNTY TAMPA

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS VR/BLK A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged SS View Post
If I wanted a bad ass, fast as f#*k, 5th gen George's car is a great deal! Prob save yourself $60k, a years downtime, and a ton of headaches.

Don't forget your also going to need lots of money to keep these things going!
This is truth. Stephen gave up on his after getting in the 9's but having it constantly broke down sucked so he sold it to some guy in TX for a huge loss and just bought a ZL1 to cruise around in instead.

daveagogo1 is offline   Reply With Quote