Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-06-2013, 08:16 PM   #1
Kadet1

Drives: Camaro SIM
Power steering?

When the steering wheel is turned left or right it makes a weird sound, kinda sounds like r2d2 making noises. Sounds like a power steering pump going bad which I'm not sure if the Camaro even has a pump or it has electronic steering. You can really hear it when radio is off and it's quiet in the car. Gonna try to bring it in tomorrow and have it checked out. Just wondering if anyone else has had any issues like this. Thanks
Old 10-06-2013, 09:33 PM   #2
Fla904

Drives: all black '12 ss/rs
Mine went out from doing donuts. They replaced it at no cost. Just take it to the dealer and they will take care of you. Camaros power steering tends to go out when there's a lot of strain out on it (turning all the way).
Fla904 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 08:00 PM   #3
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadet1 View Post
When the steering wheel is turned left or right it makes a weird sound, kinda sounds like r2d2 making noises. Sounds like a power steering pump going bad which I'm not sure if the Camaro even has a pump or it has electronic steering. You can really hear it when radio is off and it's quiet in the car. Gonna try to bring it in tomorrow and have it checked out. Just wondering if anyone else has had any issues like this. Thanks
Kadet1,

Apologies to hear about the power steering concerns. I know that must be displeasing for you and I'm happy that you're getting the vehicle checked out. If further assistance is needed, feel free to contact us privately. Your updates are certainly welcomed.

Kindly,

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 08:10 PM   #4
Kadet1

Thanks for checking in. Spent a few hours at the dealer today and they said it was something to do with the steering. I don't remember exactly what is was but the part wasn't in stock and had to be ordered so I will go back next week to get it done and hopefully it will be good to go after that.
Kadet1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 08:24 PM   #5
Ertter11 (Silver Bullet)

Drives: 2014 1SS/RS M6 RRM NPP Exhaust
Hey what dealership did you take it to? I had the same problem and took it to Vann York in High point and they fixed right away after the part was shipped. I also believe Nancy had the same problem and it fixed as well. For the life of me I can't remember what it was. I've heard several people have this problem as well. Hope you get it fixed soon.
Ertter11 (Silver Bullet) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 08:40 PM   #6
Kadet1

I took it to Terry Labonte. They said its about an hour or so job so I'm gonna go back on my day off next week. As long as it gets fixed I'm ok. I saw you got another camaro in the family,congratulations. Been working on Saturdays and haven't made many events. We should get some more local people together and meet up somewhere during the week sometime.
Kadet1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 10:50 PM   #7
Ertter11 (Silver Bullet)

Drives: 2014 1SS/RS M6 RRM NPP Exhaust
Quote:
I took it to Terry Labonte. They said its about an hour or so job so I'm gonna go back on my day off next week. As long as it gets fixed I'm ok. I saw you got another camaro in the family,congratulations. Been working on Saturdays and haven't made many events. We should get some more local people together and meet up somewhere during the week sometime.

Thanks my mom loves it! haha PERMAGRIN for sure. Yea I've been to a few events but not as many I would have liked. Hey that sounds good to me I'm always down to hang with some Camaro's any day of the week. Just let me know I'll meet up with ya sometime.
Ertter11 (Silver Bullet) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 10:57 AM   #8
Goober
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro
I had the same thing except mine sounded like Chewbacca,
Goober is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 03:26 PM   #9
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Thanks for checking in. Spent a few hours at the dealer today and they said it was something to do with the steering. I don't remember exactly what is was but the part wasn't in stock and had to be ordered so I will go back next week to get it done and hopefully it will be good to go after that.
Hello Kadet1,

Thank you for updating us on your current situation. I am sorry for any inconvenience this is for you. I am glad the dealer was able to locate the issue with your steering and order a part replacement for you. We want your vehicle to operate properly and for you to be satisfied driving it. Just like William stated, your updates are greatly welcomed and don't hesitate to contact us if needed.

Regards,

Laura M. (assisting William R.)
Chevrolet Customer Care
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote