Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 04-07-2013, 12:46 AM   #85
OzzySS

Drives: 2013 2SS/1LE, 2004 Cavalier
Yeah it was a little nerve-wracking going into it, but after drilling the starter holes there's no turning back!

OzzySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 12:58 AM   #86
tramtwo

Drives: 2021 1LE
Awesome!!

tramtwo posted this on the go
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 02:35 PM   #87
OzzySS

Sooo, haven't updated in a while...
Mostly because the only thing I've done is install my kick plates from RPI (after a VERY long wait). Speaking of waiting, I'm still waiting on my replacement halo from AAC as well...now 3 weeks past when I was told to expect it! Very frustrating since I've been holding off re-mounting the driver side halo due to this...the small halo is currently loose in the assembly, facing mostly downward.

Grumble, grumble, grumble...

Old 05-09-2013, 08:15 AM   #88
SilverSlayer-SS
SoCal HT5

Drives: 2010 SS , 2014 SS
looks great
Old 05-11-2013, 03:30 AM   #89
OzzySS

Thanks bro...checked your build. While I'm not partial to sim, that's a pretty sweet looking car ya got there. How do you like muscat? I had a port call in Salalah, that place was pretty awesome. Oman was pretty impressive from what i saw, as far as ME countries go

Old 05-25-2013, 07:41 PM   #90
OzzySS

well, it's been another week, and still no warranty replacement for the passenger side halo...think i'm well past two months of waiting now. so i went ahead and did the "final" steps of my lighting project.
opened up the driver's side light and remounted the small halo, this time with gorilla glue. had a little bit splooge out the sides, but it passes inspection. then the real fun started...and you know it's good if it's more fun than baking your light open again!

while i had the bumper off i zip-tied my grille lighting strip to the bumper. it's colorshift as well, so the wires had to be spliced into the halo wiring to go to the control box in the cabin. not a big deal, except that i wanted to be able to turn off either the halos or the grille independent of each other. so a while back i ordered a cup-holder delete switchplate from emblempros.

so, after determining which wires could go to the switch before the control box (it's the black one out of the 4 on the colorshift stuff, btw), i had to yank all my wiring back through the firewall in order to make the hole bigger for the added wire.

got all that done, then went to drill through the bottom of the cupholder. well, i had some good momentum on the project that night, so i didn't switch out my unibit after drilling the firewall, and wound up going a little too far down. i didn't expect an electronic module to be right beneath the rear cupholder! oops. i definitely entered it a little with the bit, but it seemed like everything was still working.

until this morning when i actually started the car so i could move it and get more space for caulking up the firewall, mounting the control box under the headlight switch, and cleaning things out. after looking at parts diagrams on gmpartshouse, it looks like i drilled into my yaw sensor. i had a service stabilitrak mesg when i started the car, and none of the nannies (or HSA, for that matter).

so i think i found out how to disable HSA by accident...

everything else about the project works as planned, so i'm pretty happy about that. and if i'm looking at the right module on gmparts, it's about $100 to replace.

Old 05-25-2013, 09:08 PM   #91
newb

Drives: 2013 1LE
Always something new. Can't wait to see the lighting.
It's a Dingledarm. It's there to dampen side fumbling. If your marzelvanes fumble too much they can cause total protonic reversal. It gets ugly from there. This is really the biggest problem with the new Camaro. That and the tri-pronged blivot.

Delivered 21 Jan 2013

newb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 09:18 PM   #92
tramtwo

Drives: 2021 1LE
Seems like I haven't post with you guys forever! Can't believe AAC has jerked you around so long.

So I work part time at a shipping company that AAC uses and I can't see every package they send out but I keep looking for any going to HI.... nothing yet. :-)

tramtwo posted this on the go
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 10:48 PM   #93
OzzySS

hah yea, newb...always something. on the bright side, i'm hoping my little blunder has caused me to find a way to disable HSA. gmpartsdirect has two yaw sensors, one with a longitudinal accelerometer, and one without. after speaking with my dad (a ~30 year GM tech), he's going to look into it for me. if i'm right, i might be able to just get the one without the accelerometer, reflash the computer at the dealer, and be done with HSA

hey tram, how's things? i've been in relatively consistent contact with Rachael at AAC about this. She says the particular halo i sent in has been backordered, something she told me from the start. but apparently they're *still* waiting on them. might need ya to kick some doors down there for me, lol.
she did offer to send me a similar replacement that they have, but i told her no, since i wanted a match, and the ones i have fit perfectly onto my TRS shrouds. not counting on lightning striking twice for that.

Old 05-26-2013, 07:56 PM   #94
OzzySS

turn down your volume, nothing to hear with the rain and washing machine going right behind the phone...

Old 05-31-2013, 02:07 AM   #95
OzzySS

is the video working now? newb told me it was set initially set to private (oops)

Old 05-31-2013, 02:41 AM   #96
45thCAMARO 2SS/RS
xquest91x

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary 2SS/RS
man what a great build! congratz on all your upgrades, just not a big fan about those vents it was a 50/50 for me but hey that's why they call it personal customize lol keep it up and keep posting pics
45thCAMARO 2SS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 02:56 AM   #97
newb

Drives: 2013 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzySS View Post
is the video working now? newb told me it was set initially set to private (oops)
Video is working!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
It's a Dingledarm. It's there to dampen side fumbling. If your marzelvanes fumble too much they can cause total protonic reversal. It gets ugly from there. This is really the biggest problem with the new Camaro. That and the tri-pronged blivot.

Delivered 21 Jan 2013

newb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 03:00 AM   #98
OzzySS

Thanks! I'm taking a break from the mods for a while. I've got to replace my yaw sensor (hit it with the drill when I made the hole in the cupholder) and hopefully I'll see my replacement halo soon (still backordered this week). I pick orders in July, so if I get to continue on in Hawaii, I'll be looking at putting the car on bags so I can stop scraping. But except for finishing touches I'm on pause until I know where I'm going next...

Tags
1le, 2013, npp, ozzyss, rally yellow