Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 05-19-2015, 10:03 AM   #1
jleech330

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2ss
What suspension should i get?

I was thinking about upgrading suspend on my '13 Camaro 2SS to the 1LE track pack suspension. I'm not looking to take it to the track but more just for daily driving. Will I notice a difference? Or is another suspension package recommended? Thanks for any help!
jleech330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 10:48 AM   #2
JDP Sales

Drives: Chevys at the limit
Just replied to your PM. Let me know if you have any questions.

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
JDP Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 11:12 AM   #3
Firefighter

Drives: Black '13 2SS/RS/1LE w/NPP/NAV
Tyler is your man...

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk
Old 05-19-2015, 10:58 PM   #4
Nighthawk89

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2Ss M6
Tyler Will give you quality advice! I ordered all my suspension thru him.
Nighthawk89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 11:48 PM   #5
hammdo
'It's an experiment'

Drives: [COTW 2/09/15] '11 GPI LSA SC Z/LE
+1. Got mine done with Tyler's help!

-Don
hammdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 01:18 AM   #6
Jenner

Drives: 2012 SS/RS
+1 for Tyler and jdp. They've always been very helpful and happy to answer any questions.
Jenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 04:28 AM   #7
X25

Drives: '16 C7 Z51
1LE suspension is excellent, and actually performs incredibly well at the track. If handling is what you're looking for, you won't find anything that handles better before you triple the price. GM tuned this monotube shocks (regular SS suspension is twin-tube, the garden variety that runs on most of the regular cars) of 1LE very well.
'17 RAM 1500 Crew Cab 4x4 Night Edition
'15 Nissan Rogue S AWD
X25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 11:21 AM   #8
JDP Sales

Drives: Chevys at the limit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefighter View Post
Tyler is your man...

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighthawk89 View Post
Tyler Will give you quality advice! I ordered all my suspension thru him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammdo View Post
+1. Got mine done with Tyler's help!

-Don
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenner View Post
+1 for Tyler and jdp. They've always been very helpful and happy to answer any questions.
Thanks guys! I really appreciate it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by X25 View Post
1LE suspension is excellent, and actually performs incredibly well at the track. If handling is what you're looking for, you won't find anything that handles better before you triple the price. GM tuned this monotube shocks (regular SS suspension is twin-tube, the garden variety that runs on most of the regular cars) of 1LE very well.
I do agree the dampers are a great part of the package, but the rest of the package can be improved upon with aftermarket. The 1LE package also doesn't improve a few key components such as trailing arms, upper control arm bushings, front radius arm inserts, etc.

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
JDP Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 10:41 PM   #9
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Hmmm, none of the above, except you can get the JPSS Z/28 Light Package from Tyler!

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...69#post8435169

Z/28 Light Susspension Upgrade
This thread is under construction and will be finished... SOON!

"So I just took her to the local xxxxxx that has a nice little paved oval (parking lot) out front and did some hairpin turns. O.....M.....G Holy Shit does it turn. Better now on cold tires than before on hot tires!!!!!" according to Bill. We'll hear more from Bill after his day at Watkins Glen.

Bill Hurd likes to run his 1LE at Watkins Glen International. For road course use his most valuable modification to date has been his StopTech brake upgrade. The next step is to improve his grip. We are approaching that in several ways.

First we are upgrading to Z/28 springs. The rates are much higher. They are very similar to the set we had been using for years on coilovers. Nick Grossman has retail kit #1. He and his wife Melanie drove their Z/28 light Camaro from Virginia to Indiana and loved the changes.

The dampers are not a perfect match to the coil, but they work quite well. Too bad the rear Z/28 coil is 3/4 of an inch too short to fit on a 1LE rear strut. That would stop most companies or shops, but not JPSS. At JPSS we don't let little things like that get in the way of a great upgrade. We use a little 'Black Magic' and make it work.

Up front we'll be installing Black Magic Caster Lock for a gain of 1 degree. We'll also install Billet Bushings in the radius rod to reduce dynamic caster changes. Up top we'll instal Knock Out Camber plates. We should really call them SAI plates. Adding Steering Axis Inclination improves straight line stability and the return to center after a turn. You cannot imagine how sweet it is to drive with increased caster and SAI.

We'll be swapping out the 1LE front 27mm sway bar and installing the almost 24mm SS front bar. We'll add our OE Quiet HD High Efficiency Endlinks to the new SS bar. This will allow the 1LE to rotate more. It isn't snap oversteer. We like to call it aggressive rotation. As they say in the movies, loose is fast.

On the alignment rack we'll be aggressive road course.

Front Camber -2.50
Front Toe OUT 0.50
Rear Camber -1.25
Rear Toe IN 0.12

Z/28 Light Parts List
1LE Struts
Z/28 Coils
JPSS Billet Radius Arm Bushings
JPSS Caster Locks

JPSS ships the kit fully assembled using your old mounts and hardware. We turn around the kits in 72 hours or less. We can also build a kit from scratch, but the new mounts, insulators, etc... are expensive.

Always a tough moment for a proud owner. Bill I'll need your keys...

No problem Bill. We can build yours just like this. We'll not just like this. Yours will be better. Every time we build one we learn something along the way.

Peter Gray, once we finish Bill's we'll update yours

Wheels off, here we go

LR strut out.

LR strut pocket, no more noise with the increased clearance.

This puppy coil is going away... soon.

Two out.

Struts burst.

LF out.

Cut here...

RF out

Coils and mounts are going to the dumpster.

Looks a little empty.

Nice brakes.

Z/28 Light coming....

SOON!

JPSS Knockout Camber Plates - 2 Degrees of adjustment, Bolt in never slip, never drift security, bet-of-the-best Bearings Made in Martinsville.

http://www.jpssonline.com/shop/jpss-...-camber-plates

This is a full race camber plate install so we have clearnced the strut tower.

We have the plates lined up and the holes drilled.

Z/28 coil, 1LE strut, JPSS Knockout Camber Plate - WINNING!

So the Z/28 Rear Coil is 3/4" shorter than the 1LE coil. How does JPSS make it fit?

Billet Bushings - IN. Caster slots ground and ready for Caster Locks

This will work.

Uh, no...

Z/28 coils + JPSS OE Quiet HD Endlinks + 1LE Struts = Z/28 Light

Tower Two is Done!

This will work.

We need to charge more...

Too

much

fabrication

work!

Z/28 Light Alignment Time.

Getting closer...

Not bad at all.

Tongue lock, no problem...

Forgot your keys. No problem.

JPSS Z/28 Light Packages

"So I just took her to the local xxxxxx that has a nice little paved oval (parking lot) out front and did some hairpin turns. O.....M.....G Holy Shit does it turn. Better now on cold tires than before on hot tires!!!!!" according to Bill Hurd.

That is what you can expect when you upgrade to Z/28 Light. Z/28 Light uses the higher rate Z/28 coil springs with the 1LE front and rear struts. The 1LE struts are not a perfect match to the coil, but they work quite well. Too bad the rear Z/28 coil is 3/4 of an inch too short to fit on a 1LE rear strut. That would stop most companies or shops, but not JPSS. At JPSS we don't let little things like that get in the way of a great upgrade. We use a little 'Black Magic' and make it work.

Up front we add Black Magic Caster Locks for a gain of 1 degree. Increasing caster improves the return to center in steering along with straight line stability. We add Billet Bushings in the radius arm to reduce dynamic caster changes. This improves on center steering feel. Combined, it feels like a racing rack has been installed.

With the 1LE, we replace the front 27mm sway bar and with a 25mm ZL1 front bar. With the V6 and SS we replace the rear sway bar with the 1LE 28mm sway bar. On the 2010 and 2011 models, we upgrade the rear lower control arms and replace the endlinks for the new out board mounting rear sway bar. We add our OE Quiet HD High Efficiency Endlinks to the front sway bar. This will allow Camaro to rotate more easily. It isn't snap oversteer. We like to call it aggressive rotation. As they say in the movies, loose is fast.

Road Course / Autocross Alignment

Front Camber -2.50
Front Toe OUT 0.50
Rear Camber -1.25
Rear Toe IN 0.12

1LE and ZL1 Camaros use Package 1. Ship your assembled struts to JPSS and we'll return your struts as Z/28 Light struts fully assembled ready to install along with the additional JPSS parts in the package. We'll ship your fully assembled all new Z/28 Light kit ready to install in three to five business days.

2010 to 2011 V6 and V8 Camaros use Package 2. Ship your assembled struts to JPSS and we'll return your struts as Z/28 Light struts fully assembled ready to install along with the additional JPSS parts in the package. We'll ship your fully assembled all new Z/28 Light kit ready to install in three to five business days.

All model years (except the ZL1) Complete Kit with all new mounting hardware use Package 3 or 4. Package 3 has the upgraded rear lower control arms, rear sway bar and drop links, required for the 2010 and 2011. Package 4 has a 28mm rear sway bar. for all models except the 1LE and ZL1. We'll ship your fully assembled all new Z/28 Light kit ready to install in three to five business days.

Z/28 Light Packages from 1,099.00

The Z/28 Light Package includes:

GM Z/28 Front Coils
GM Z/28 Rear Coils
GM Rear SS Sway Bar
JPSS Billet Radius Arm Bushings
JPSS Black Magic Caster Locks
JPPS Black Magic Modifications

The V6 and SS Package Additionally Includes:

Front Struts
Rear Struts

Complete Packages Include: